Sunday 6 September 2020

Monday 7th - Sunday 13th September 2020 - Week 25 of Under Employment, Rainy Days , Whittaker's Bundaberg Brewed Ginger Caramel Milk Chocolate & My New Hobby Drawing Designs That Can Be Used As Textile Prints

 Monday 7th September 2020

The beginning of another week. The sun is out and it looks like it will be a beautiful day however I am not venturing out today as I had a rough night last night and managed to sleep in this morning until 9.15 am!

It is another life admin day for me today - rubbish to take out DONE, bills to pay DONE, funds to transfer DONE, people to contact. things to post DONE, proper grocery shopping to do ALMOST DONE, filing of receipts DONE, laundry FINALLY DONE, vacuuming ( always after going on my explore my own backyard adventures) DONE , photos to still upload from yesterday on my blog FINALLY DONE, YouTube videos to watch DONE, dishes to wash DONE, meals to prepare DONE and preparation for work tomorrow NOT QUITE DONE etc. Enough to fill my day today.

The guy living downstairs is ranting and raving again quite loudly. I don't think he is actually employed. It still smells really bad downstairs near the entrance.

Time to recharge my phone as it has had a data workout today - wish the same could be said for me as I am so lazy hence my constant explore my own backyard adventures.

Watching the news, and will wash the dishes and have a shower before preparing for work tomorrow. Plate of Origin is on again tonight  & so is Have You Been Paying Attention therefore will watch both before going to bed. Change of mind got bored of Plate of Origin therefore switched to watch the final 15 minutes of the unmasking of The Masked Singer and find out which contestants made it through to next round. Why did Channel 7 have to air Plate of Origin on the same nights at the same time as Channel 10's Masked Singer?

Tuesday 8th September 2020

It's 1 am and I am awake blogging again. My eczema is really irritating me so I log in and read My Metrics - a 10/10 for customer service again - good but my sales are really down for the week and month. Too many returns and I did have one really bad sales day which did pull me right down. I am working at Myer 11 am - 4.30 pm today. I don't know why there are 3 people on today as it is Tuesday and not very busy unless there is stuff going on that I don't know about.

A quick check of the blogs analytics and #2 & #3 countries that are reading my blog are now the UK & US equally. 

This morning I left home just before 9 am and just managed to catch the 9.10 am B Line bus so should get to Warringah Mall by 10 am. Just made it by 10.00 am. I have a quick snack and re read My Metrics and M Coms as I get a message from the customer service manager via the team group chat to do so now. I have already read them so if there is anything  that's important to read I don't see it. Is she talking about R U OK day on 10th September? or something else? Oh I think she wants all team members to sign up at least 1 Myer One membership. I will repeat again you can't force people to sign up to Myer One if they have a reason not to. ( refer previous blogs on why people may not want to sign up to Myer One membership). I wonder if the people who have and are using their CBA rewards don't want to join Myer One membership because they get better rewards from their CBA cards?

First thing I did when I arrived was to go over to toys and discuss with the team member that was working there whether the Paw Patrol toy problem I had last Saturday with the barcode not scanning or item number being accepted when typed in had been fixed or not. The problem still had not been fixed and item still could not be found in system when I showed the team member from toys. It was found the code was incorrectly written on the toys but the team member managed to find the correct code and rectify the problem. Apparently there was another barcode underneath the hand written labels.

I then asked the team member I was working with today if I needed to print out any sales signs from the iPad. There were but the customer service manager had already printed them out for us.

Today was a shocker of a day. My sales have shown a decline since last Saturday's shift and the customer service manager will not be happy about it. I am getting too many returns from customers. Today I had at least 2 returns refunded just because they changed their minds. One customer had a return refunded due to change of mind  for one purchase receipt and an exchange due to incorrect size on another purchase receipt ( which I passed onto menswear as it was not my department and I would not have been able to find the correct size pants for the customer)

Most of my day was a job allocated by the customer service manager to move an entire display of hundreds of items clearance stock ( that had been individually marked down by a team member who came in just to do that) and other clearance items to 2 display islands dedicated to them. It seems Myer is always having clearance sales. These items have to be individually scanned and marked down to their clearance price on the POS. Unfortunately this morning when the items were in the process of being labelled to the mark down price a customer came in and I only put through the old discounted prices and did not mark them down further. I think she bought about 4 - 6 individual pieces. I managed to just finish moving the entire display about 30 minutes before I was due to finish my shift but my allocated tasks were not over. I still had to pull all of the signs of expired sales down and go put up new ones in the 30 minutes I had left. I managed to pull them down but the whopping amount of new sales signs that had to go up I could not do much of. The other team member I was working with was left with the task. Meanwhile the customer service manager was pressuring me to work faster with finishing the sales island display I was moving the marked down items to - which was almost complete and I only had all the soaps to put on the display from the trolley to do when she saw me. The pressure was on for me to work faster by her.

I spent a lot of time serving 2 customers today. One actually purchased 7 sets of cups & saucers but was so undecided on a quilt cover set and 3 European pillow cases that she got to the register and I had scanned all her items in before she decided she did not want them ( after I searched for an additional European pillow case for her and took the extra one off a European pillow from the bed display with it's packet for her. After putting her purchase through on the POS and returning all the pieces including stuffing the display European pillow back into the pillow case - the customer is still undecided about the pieces she did not purchase staring at me restuffing the European pillow back into the pillow case. I advised her that if she changes her mind that I will be here on Saturday and she could see me about it. 

The other customer was an elderly customer who wasted my time and did not actually purchase anything. The customer was asking me to order for her the teapot, rectangular platter and 2 tiered high tea stand in the MW Contessa range in pink which we did not have in stock. I was willing to order it in for her on the ipad however she wanted to buy them all for the sale price which we can't do as the sale ends today. The customer service manager had already spoken to her previously and written it all down for her. I think she was trying to  get me to honor a sale price that was about to expire for a future purchase she wanted to make. After trying unsuccessfully, she asked me to scan a large woven basket with a lid to find out the sale price of it. I knew she had no intention of purchasing it but I wrote down the information on a piece of paper for her anyway as she requested me to do so - I gave her the item code, description, full price and sale price as well as the expiry date of the sale price. When she left I then told the customer service manager about what I did.

Sorry my blog crashed yet again - no surprise. I just have to start over.

There are some honest customers and someone handed in a Myer returns card found on the floor today which had just been issued to someone today. I didn't want to check the balance on it as you would have to scratch the access code on it  do a balance enquiry on the POS so left it on top of the register with a little note around it. Towards the end of the day a customer with his little baby reported he had just received a returns card and asked if anyone had handed one in. The team member I had been working with was unaware of the find and advised the customer service manager but she was present when the customer enquired about it and I asked a few questions about the returns card. It was his - problem solved. I even joked about how his baby probably took it off him and threw it on the ground. Another happy customer. Customer service manager advised.

The team member I worked with today again  forgot to do a cash reconciliation around 3 pm so I reminded her that we had to do one. We then had to do a skim.

A few customers are still happy to donate to the current charity - the local women's shelter from rounding up purchases.

Still no Myer One sign ups as customers have already got a Myer One card although they can't be found on the system for some reason ( all spellings and methods used) I don't resign them up as it will confuse things. CBA customers still uninterested in signing up for Myer One card.

I had one couple who actually cancelled their Myer One card and didn't want to rejoin. The live in Australia but are from HK. Nice to be able to converse with them briefly in Cantonese. I miss being able to do that. Not only is it a dying language due to the mainland Chinese language of Mandarin taking over but my second language skills are also dying. 

I managed to do an order finally for a customer of 10 floral plates unfortunately I worked over my shift finishing time because of it. It took me forever as you can't do quantity 10 for the same plate you have to scan the barcode or enter the barcode numbers one at a time and the scanner at Myer are so unreliable! The iPad themselves are so old as well that they don't scan barcodes either at times. ( yep today I was with a customer looking for prices of scales as there are never any prices on them and the iPad failed to scan the barcode  prices of the scales so I had to get another ipad to use - that customer actually returned to purchase a scale later on) 

Wednesday 9th September 2020

A few days off yay! ( So I thought) No not a day off today. It's raining today and a bit cold.

I receive a phone call at 7.50 am asking if I could work until 5 pm today. I was asked if I lived far from Warringah and advised the assistant store manager that it would take me at least and hour and a half to get there so she rostered me on today from 11 am - 5 pm in Kidswear not Homewares.

It was a very busy day and I only managed to take a 15 minute break at around 4.30 pm.

Today I was on my own in Kidswear but I survived. It was quite busyand I managed to get a reasonable amount of sales. 

As soon as I arrive in Kidswear, there is confusion as to which department I was suppose to be working in. I was down on the day sheet to be working in Boys Youthwear department ( where is that even located?) or something like that but was advised over the phone earlier this morning  that I was working in the Kidswear department by the assistant store manager and also advised who I would be working with ( no one I was on my own today). 

Next problem no one had collected an iPad for the Kidswear department when the store opened this morning at 10 am therefore I had to borrow one from the Mens Shoes department whenever I needed one ( the office is locked I believe as soon as everyone is on the floor after 10 am) . 

The third problem I had and this was quite shocking to hear and I hope it never happens again (and is a good reason to keep a diary of what happens daily at Myer on my shifts) is there was a customer looking for shoes for her daughter and when I asked if she needed any assistance apart from a yes response was I found out she had been waiting for someone to assist her for half an hour and her kids were getting a little restless. I apologized to her for having to wait so long as there was no one around to serve her and explained how I was called in at the last minute to work. I took down her phone number and her name as well as the size of the style of sandals she was after as it did not seem like Myer Warringah had them in stock and I would call her back as to whether they were available or not. She managed to find 2 pairs of alternative sandals but was still interested in the ones I was looking for. In the end they were unavailable in the size she was after and I rang her back leaving a message to let her know.

My fourth challenge of the morning was another customer was also waiting for me to finish with the above customer. This customer didn't want to purchase anything but needed a foot measurement for her child so I did the best I could and found the shoe measuring device and measured her child's feet. I think the child was a special needs as she just would not keep her foot still. I must have attempted to measure her foot 6 times and the other foot twice ( in case she had really odd feet) . I gave the customer all the approximate measurements which was close to what she already knew and advised her to return and actually try the shoes on her child as different styles have different fits. I think she was taking her child to have orthotics fitted. I always advise customers not to get shoes for kids that are exactly the size of the foot measurements as you don't want the kid's toes to butt up right against the very top of the shoe - there needs to be a little bit of wriggle room.

Lots of challenges today no orders - out of stock items, no Myer One sign ups as people are just not interested. Again you can't force people to sign up to the Myer One membership.

A few exchanges and returns for refunds. Lots of patient customers but some not so understanding customers. One not so happy customer wanted to return a acqua coloured thermos insulated cafe flask with a black plastic flip top. When I asked why she was returning it she insisted that it did not even keep hot water hot for 1 hour. I did not believe her as Thermos brand products are pretty reliable having used one before, although this style of Thermos flask did not have any type of rating on it meaning it was a basic model. Because people were returning insulated flasks previously without reading instructions I was unconvinced about the fault therefore I consulted the electrical department manager and explained to him the fault and authorised a refund for the customer. However it is not the end of the story. I refunded the amount onto her card and because it is a refund the customer usually has to enter a pin number  for the refund which the customer did not have and I said to her that I could not give her a refund without a pin number so she made a phone call to get a pin number. She did not look like a local and I was worried that she looked rather sick - ie feverish . I just hope she is not a super spreader. After serving her I went to the toilet conveniently located next to the kid's toys and washed my hands thoroughly. She returned again a little later and purchased 3 sets of kids pajamas.

I had to keep running around borrowing an iPad from Mens Shoes but always returned it to them.I had another customer who was buying some new born babies clothes for twins but unfortunately the 2 items of clothing she wanted were out of stock and what she grabbed were the last ones of each item of baby clothing. She made do with what she could find adding an alternative of 2 pairs of identical new born track pants with cute little multi coloured dots on them. When I tried to explain whether the current buy 2 get whatever % off or the final clearance sale price was the better deal,  I don't think she understood that I was giving her the better deal despite trying to explain it to her a few times. Sometimes the current clearance sale price is not always better then the discounted price and in this odd situation it wasn't. The % discount off worked out to be a little better. 

In between all the chaos going on I managed to have a quick chat with customer service manager. She asked me how I was doing over in the Kidswear department . I was on my own so had to really take the reins today and advised her good and that there were no issues ( I had managed to solve all issues almost on my own unless it needed authorisation or clarification by a manager). I told the customer service manager that after our little chat from the last one on one I decided that it was " No more Mr Nice Guy" and I would be more proactive ie be more of a team member and help out more. She said she noticed that in me and said to me how you can only teach so much to someone but you can't teach them to be proactive. We were told from the beginning that at Myer that there is no hand holding. Several team members here all started off the same with very little training a few years ago. One team member even told me that another more senior team member advised him that when they first started they had to go through a full training course and I added yes and that they had to have physicals as well before they started work - we both agreed that they no longer do this due to cost cutting measures. The customer service manager also advised me that the more you learn to do the more shifts you will get. She also told me how her favorite departments to work in were Kidswear and Womenswear.

I had a very generous customer today who asked for my assistance hence I wanted to hive her a bit of my time. There were a few customers waiting to be served so I asked her if I could serve the other customers and get back to her. She was happy to do so. When I got back to her, there was another customer waiting therefore I advised the customer if they were in a hurry to be served that there were other registers  available in other departments that might be quicker as I was going be a while with this customer. I did not want to abandon this customer as second time. So this customer had this brochure to make a donation to children in third world countries. There was a cute little boy on the front of it and she wanted to send him some shoes, clothes and underwear because she thought he was so cute. She also picked out a dress some slip on shoes underwear and a few other accessories for a little 4 year old girl. I checked the shoe size she had selected and advised her that they were 2 sizes too small for a 4 year old girl . She asked me if the dress she selected was big enough for a little 4 year old girl and I explained how the style of the dress and stretchy material would fit even a little older girl as it was quite oversized. After she had a rethink she returned to the register with another pair of slip ons except ones that were with enclosed toes and a few sizes bigger. All up she spent over $100 in Kidswear she is going to donate to charity. 

I had a customer referred to me my a team member who works with me in Homewares who wanted to purchase 3 items , a baby blanket of some type and 2 cheese boards with a guitar string type cheese cutter/slicer on the end. Since Myer was in the process of changing over to a Mid Season Sale, the customer had enquired as to whether the 2 cheese boards with wire cutters were actually classified as serving ware under the " 60% off serving ware sale" sign as advertised. I had to ring a manager to confirm as she was actually not my customer but a customer passed onto me by another team member not employed to serve today but help out with sale VM. It was to honour it as it was serving ware and another happy customer - what a bargain she scored today!

Today everyone was preparing for the big Mid Year Sale which starts tomorrow so all the old expired sale signs had to be pulled down and all the new ones put up before COB today. It look forever for the Kidswear Department to receive their sale signs , I asked the manager if she wanted me to send them to the printer mysrlf but she advised me that she was doing it. They were finally received - probably the very last department to receive them. Once I pulled down all the expired sale signs along with all their stands and holders ( in between serving customers) it was quite quick to slot and put the new sale signs up.

I thought the quickest way to do this was to get a wheelie trolley  and go around and pull all the old expired sale signs down and everyone else can go around putting up the new sale signs. It was a team effort and it was all completed by 5 pm. A team member from another department helping to put the new sale signs up saw me with my trolley full of expired sale signs I had pulled down and says to me what a great idea it was and was that my idea - I told her that yes it was.

There were still stragglers in the store despite "It's now 5 pm and the store is now closed" announcement over the PA system by the manager of the electrical department. A customer loittered around the Kids Shoe Department even at 4.55 pm and wanted a pair of shoes for her child. I had already advised her that Myer was closing in 5 minutes yet she was in no hurry to leave. In the end nobody wanted to serve her as we all wanted to leave on time and she decided that she will come back. Yes please do and not 5 minutes before closing again!

At 5 pm sharp after tidying up the counter area and tables of displays I head down to the staff locker area with others punch off at 5.03 pm and exit the back staff entrance/exit. There was a guessing competition to win a jar of lollies for $1 a guess. I would have made a donation but due to short notice of today's shift I did not have any change with me. I had forgotten to put a few coins in my bag. There was the staff bags check before exiting, this time I had my back pack open and as soon as I exited clo sed it up. No time to fiddle around as it takes me forever to get home and I need to eat properly when I get home as the only thing I've eaten all day today was a spinach and feta danish from Bakers Delight and a sip of water during my 15 minute break.

I purchased some celery and bananas which were both on my shopping list - much cheaper at the fruit & veg store in Warringah then at Chatswood.

A stop off at Woolworths Metro Chatswood for a few more grocery items on my shopping list before heading home. I took the 280 bus from Warringah Mall to Chatswood before transferring onto the 144 bus home as it is quite frequent at this time of the afternoon. To get to work this morning I took the 144 in the opposite direction and transferred onto a B Line bus at Neutral Bay Junction as there are mire frequent in the morning. I still had to leave before 9 am in order to get to work in time.

There is nothing really to watch on tv so I catch up on watching YouTube videos and watch the food chanbel as well as catch up on blogging.

It is 8.45 pm and it is still wet outside although not as wet as parts of this morning and o  my way home. It is a little cold too. My nose is running, my eyes a little watery and I am really itchy. 

Just had dinner and It's not quite time for bed yet. I will go to bed after I finish my blog - hope to have a proper sleep in tomorrow.

Thursday 10th September 2020

Day off today ( no I am not going to work today if asked to) I am not working today but I think today is R U OK day today where staff are encouraged to wear a touch of yellow and make a donation. Last time it was a touch of pink for I think the Women's Shelter but there was no organised donation collection instead all efforts was towards the purchase round up on the POS where all donations went towards The Salvation Army.

No sleep in still itchy & watery eyes . Up from a little past midnight and still up past 4 am. Had a drink of juice and water and watched a bit of YouTube and continued catching up on my blog.

I managed to sleep until around 7.30 am. I wake up have breakfast of a piece of grilled salmon, a cup of tea and a bowl of rolled oats, blood orange and mango yoghart, LSA, a punnet of blueberries, cinnamon & manuka honey. 

I empty the rubbish bins ready to take out to the dumpster and put olive oil into my hair. Both done today.

I then watch the news on channel 7 and catch up on my blogging as well as respond to some text messages from the volunteer co ordinator of the volunteer work I had been trying to do remotely. I have been working a bit so have not had time to write any more letters again after the first batch of letters I sent without a single response. I had delayed writing any more letters to aged care facilities as I have not been reimbursed for the postage from my last batch of letters sent. I was advised that this aged care facility's manager is currently on leave so this is another reason not to commence writing letters again. I like doing volunteer work but only if I see my efforts are actually making a difference to people's lives and so far my efforts have not. The fact that I am now receiving text messages from the volunteer manager and not emails seems a little strange to me as well. I am a touch worried that she has all my personal details including my police check record. I will wait a little more before forwarding a letter of introduction to the aged care facility manager.

I still have so much life admin to do which I had planned to do yesterday. At least I paid my weekly rent this morning before doing anything else.

It is late night shopping today so I don't have to rush with my grocery shopping.

You maybe wondering what else I have been doing with my days off except sleep, drink, eat and watch YouTube and tv as well as writing on my blog. I have been drawing a lot as I had bought back with me from my storage facility an A4 calligraphy/sketch pad and a whole bag of assorted erasable and watercolour coloured pencils. Most of my designs I have created can be turned into textile prints. I like to sketch mandelas using tiny repetitive  shapes, fruits and plants/native flowers as well as miniature mazes using tiny trees, huts and hiking tracks/ trails.

Example below is one of my latest designs - it is meant to represent the native Australian bottle brush and wattle.

I ended up sending this creation with a letter to another aged care facility manager for my volunteer letter writing job today.



Just some of the other designs I have been working on

Letter of introduction for my volunteer work written and ready to be sent tomorrow to the 2nd  allocated age care facility ( after writing 3 letters to the previous aged care facility without a response I finally found out that the resident there was not intetested in participating in the program).

Shower, washed dishes, vacuumed , blogged, watch tv and YouTube as well as upload another short video onto my channel.  Late afternoon lunch was a Japanese chicken curry with rice, cabbage, mayo, potatos, carrots, celery - I forgot the peas & onion but it still tasted really good. Sorry no photo. 

I did not venture out today as it was raining. Bed 

Friday 11th September 2020

Although I managed to sleep through the night, my allergies were annoying me through the night again. An antihistamine only gave me temporary relief. Being allergic to everything as well as being lactose intolerant is no fun. Yesterday I was actually quite sick from eating too much dairy ( being lactose intolerant I can eat a small amount of dairy but only a small amount and hard cheeses yalault and certain low lactose yoghart however soft cheeses like camembert, brie, cream cheeses, cream and milk are a total no no - camembert and brie along with any types of mouldy cheese are a absolute no no as they are a double whammy being allergic to moulds as well). Certain spices eg in Chinese 5 spice and in Japanese curry also triggers my allergies - yep yesterday's Japanese curry tasted really good but something in the curry mix triggered my allergies.

Another day off today. 6 am and It's not looking great again today. Not a great day to go out and about but I need to go shopping, recharge my Opal card, read my metrics for work tomorrow ( a short 4 hour shift) and go to the post office. 

By 10 am the sun is out but grey clouds are looking in the background. It looks warm outside but I am still home waiting for my first batch of laundry being washed to finish. I will have a shower and charge my phone while I wait. I still have to wash and dry the second batch of my laundry. So won't venture out until noon or so.

Finally my 2 loads of washing are washed and dried. Time to go to the post office at Chatswood to send another letter to another aged care facility for my volunteer work and to send a second Mickey Mouse satchel to the USA . There was a very loud rude and verbally abusive Chinses customer who was so loud yelling in Cantonese it made my ears hurt even after she eventually left and put the postal officer serving me unable to concentrate. It took the postal ofgicer a while as well to get the abusive yelling out of her head as well. I felt like telling her to shut up but that would not have been a good idea. She is not the first rude customer I witnessed at the Australia Post Office at Chatswood. Last time I was there lining up there was as very rude and very loud abusive older Asian man arguing with a postal officer threatening to get the police involved and holding what looked like a usb key telling the postal officer that he had some sort of evidence of camera footage of a complaint and this abuse continued even after I left.

After posting my letter and satchel it was onto recharge my Opal card with another $20 hopefully this will be enough to cover all my shifts at Myer this week. I used the Opal machines rather then recharge at Woolworths like I usually do as there was a long queue to enter for some reason. I asked for a receipt from the Opal machine but none came out of it. All I know is my balance is now $40 on my Opal card.

Next stop Aldi then onto Coles however I had to walk down to the larger Coles as this smaller Coles had sold out of Whittaker's Bundaberg Brewed Ginger Caramel Milk Chocolate Bar. I actually emailed Whittaker to find how where I could get my hands on one of these bars of chocolate. Looks delicious but I haven't tried it yet. Dinner first before dessert. 

A joint venture between NZ & Australia. The packaging looks like a bottle of Bundaberg Rum but it's actually a bar of chocolate

It's 7.45 pm and I have finished my dinner and now watching The living Room on Channel 10. Time to open this bar of chocolate and rate it.

I carefully take the outside sleeve off as I intend to keep it as it is so pretty. The chocolate bar is wrapped tightly in a gold foil which is a little difficult to rip open - It's like carefully ripping open a Willy Wonka chocolate bar. I break a piece off from a corner of the chocolate bar which is a clean break of 2 squares. I pop it in my mouth and wonder what all the hype is about as it initially tastes like a ordinary caramel centred block of milk chocolate until - wait a minute I taste ginger in the background. Not bad. The flavours are evenly distributed in the chocolate bar unlike the hit and miss of vegemite in the Cadbury limited edition vegemite chocolate bar. I want another 2 squares of the Whittaker's Bundaberg Brewed Ginger Caramel  Chocolate Bar! Rating 8/10. I haven't tasted the Bundaberg Brewed yet. Maybe it takes a while for my tastebuds to detect it. There seems to be a bit of a textural element to it as well - a very slight grainy crunch to the caramel like tiny pieces of caramel crystals amongst the smooth oozy ginger caramel filling sandwiched in between the milk chocolate squares. I had a whole 2 rows of it but stopped as it is extremely sweet. I am unsure if kids would like this chocolate as it is very much an adult chocolate bar. 

Time to go to sleep after The Living Room as I am working again tomorrow. I havn't read my metrics yet.

Saturday 12th September 2020

I'm working again at Myer 11.30 am - 3.30 pm today. It is a beautiful day and I wish I didn't have to work. I hate working Saturdays.

I don't start work until 11.30 am today so can sleep in just a little.

What I be doing today if I wasn't working? I would have been out sketching Luna Park with a sketch group celebrating the sketch group's 10 year anniversiary - I would have RSVP weeks in advance for the session but due to being unable to plan even a week in advance could not. It is such a perfect day today to be outside.

So today I served quite a few customer but whether or not I served them correctly is questionable.

One customer had $15 digital Myer birthday voucher she wanted to use however she wanted to use it against some Sheridan towels. Because Sheridan is now a Myer brand partner, she could not use it for her purchases therefore to get around this I separated her transaction into 2 so she could use her birthday voucher against her other purchases including 1 clearance sale vase. 

There was a guy that wanted to purchase a rather thick hoodie which was a Polo brand one. He thought it was on sale but when I asked the Polo brand partner concession rep, it wasn't and therefore was full price. The guy wanted to use Afterpay for it however if there was a discount or sale on the hoodie and it was under $100 it would not qualify for Afterpay.  So in the end this garment caused me a little bit of a problem. Firstly I had to enter a special polo code as Polo garments don't scan then I had to enter the price then I had to remember to pull off the barcode label and place it in the specia l black pencil case however the worst problem was removing the security tag off the garment. The Polo rep advised me that I was able to remove it with our security tags remover however it too me and another team member quite a bit of effort to remove it. Finally after several attempts the tag came off. When I asked the customer why he didn't go to the menswear department to be served, he advised me that there was no one there - I advised the customer that the Polo rep was there but she was hiding.

When I arrived the back counter was a total mess so most of any spare moments I had, I spent clearing it by putting stuff back. One item in particular seems to keep bomeranging - a brown sheet or quilt set - a few weeks ago it was an online return then it was sold then it was returned again today. Other jobs was re taging and labelling with mark downs a variety of fake flowers that were clearance stock. I think one team member tried to start this task, then I tried to continue with it at least twice before a third team member finally managed to finish it off and then I had to put them back on the clearance shelf.

I had a few customer holds - it always has to be the MW dinner sets on the back counter as they are so heavy to lug around. I suggest to customers to pick up abandoned trolleys in the carpark to use to carry their dinner sets around in outside of Myer. Still no Myer One sign ups as nobody is interested but I did get customers to start using their old abandoned Myer One cards again which is great. Quite a few round ups on purchases which is great as the donations are going to charity which is currently the local women's shelter. 

Still no orders for customers as the items are just out of stock. You can't do an order if the iPad advised you that the item is out of stock.

The customer service manager actually showed me where the tissue paper reserve was kept and she actually sent me the codes. Why she did not have my mobile number on her phone I don't quite know. Maybe that's why I was not getting messages from her. I had to put the trolley of tissue paper to the side as soon as I returned but did advise a team member how we have tissue paper now as I had customers to be served. The customer service manager returns and see it and jokes " You had one job to complete and it hasn't been done!" My cheeky response to her was 

" Customers always come first!" 

She knows this and I think there was a hint of a smile.

I had at least 2 customers that just wondered away from me today. The needed my assistance and when I ask them to follow me or wait they wonder off and I have to try and find them.I managed to get back to all of them in the end. 

I wanted to do a cash reconciliation again today but a team member I was working with beat me to it.

It was so busy today I hardly had time to breathe.

So glad I have a day off tomorrow though.

After work I did another quick top up grocery shop at Woolworths Warringah Mall. It is a huge Woolworths larger then the Lane Cove Woolworths. It had almost everything you need. Although the prices are not the cheapest on grocery items. It is only fair that I split my grocery shopping evenly this week between Coles and Woolworths. I have been accepting the free Ooshies on offer at Woolworths for every $30 you spend in one transaction although I don't actually (and never have) collect any of the series of collectables from either Coles or Woolworths.

Home on the 280 bus to Chatswood and 144 bus home. There was a Manly bus parked in front of the Chatswood bus at Warringah Mall that just would not move and was parked at the wrong bus stop ie at the 280 bus stop. The driver of the 280 bus had to get out of his bus and tell the Manly bound bus driver to move on as there was a queue of passengers waiting at the Warringah Mall Chatswood bound bus stop waiting to board at the 280 bus stop.

The traffic was quite heavy and it took a bit longer to arrive at Chatswood. No stopping today at Chatswood, I went went straight home to eat and sleep. So tired after today's shift at Myer. 

Sunday 13th September 2020

I booked in advance to visit The Powerhose Museum once again to see a few exhibitions new and old that were not open to the public on my last few visits. I booked for the 10 am - 12 pm session and hope I can wake up early enough to arrive in time. My aim is to see Fantastical Worlds ( I think that is what it is called) , The Strasburg Clock ( although I saw it last time I want to see the clock chime instead of the full commentary of each of the clock's moving parts and features) , Hybrid: Objects For Future Homes & Design For Life. I am not really interested in seeing Maton : Australia's Guitar but may see it time permitting. 

Sorry readers I am cancelling my visit to the Powerhouse Museum today. I don't feel like going out as it is not the best day - quite overcast

I was trying to change my session time this morning to the afternoon session but there is an authentication error appearing on all their web paged so I just sent them a message via Facebook which responds with a delay in responses outside of business hours Monday - Friday. I might go on Tuesday my only full day off this week.

Decided not to venture out today instead have a nap and watch some tv ( not that there was anything on) watch YouTube cook something to eat ( including making a syrupy apple and pear yoghart custard cake) prepare for work tomorrow had a shower wash the dishes and take the rubbish out.

Sleep by 9 pm as I had done pretty much most of my life admin stuff.

I thought I wrote a note somewhere on my blog in bold that due to a decrease in readers of my blog, I am taking a break from my blog to concentrate on my YouTube Channel a little and that the only thing I will blog about will be a daily diary of my work at Myer.  It is important for me to keep a diary of things that happen on a daily basis at Myer as evidence against them in case I need it. Therefore there will be no experimental cooking, product reviews or visits to events or places of interest in and around Sydney for now. Apologies to any readers still reading my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment