Saturday 5 December 2020

Monday 14th - Sunday 20th December 20 - Week 38 of Underemployment & Only Rostered On For 3 Days This Week

Monday 14th December 2020

Day off as at 4th December 2020

Not anymore.

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock only new shift added to Kronos 10th December 2020. Checked Kronos again  11th,12th & 13th December 2020. (Unsure actually when this new shift was added but only within last 2 or 3 days).

It rained again today and still overcast by 5 pm today.

Not much to report today as I was on stock all day today.

I mentioned to the customer service manager that I think I now know who maybe dumping the stock but did not want to accuse any particular team member at this point but will keep an eye out. I mentioned that it was not deliberate dumping of stock but more of not knowing where it should be put or how to merchandise it.

I did not have to put any sales through the POS system today but had quite a few questions from customers whilst restocking sometimes 3 at the same time with one very needy customer who didn't end up purchasing anything just enquiring about 4 boxes of dinner sets. I am still being asked "Do you work here?" by customers - No I don't! I am just dressed in black shoplifting a cage full of homewares! Of course I work here! ( obviously I don't say this to customers that aporoached me but I do tell team members that this is what am thinking everytime a customer approaches me) - along with the other most frequently made comment by customers  "Is there anyone around to serve me at Myer".

I was on with team member "ticket girl" but she starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 1.30 pm or so. She does have some very late night shifts along with her brother who are "tag teaming" alternating late night shifts. He thinks Myer is deliberately doing this :)

Speaking of tickets - whoever has been doing them recently ( and it's not team member "ticket girl" as she has been "demoted to stock girl"  - I keep telling her as a joke ) has been leaving old ones up and placing incorrect ones out on displays so I have been getting a lot of angry customers telling me the sales on products are "deceiving". I am getting quite a few customers asking me how much items are and whether they are on sale as the signage is confusing and constantly changing. Often a customer will ask for a price check and if it does not come up discounted won't purchase it or they come up to the counter with the items they have selected and the POS scans it as not being discounted or incorrectly discounted and the customer argues that the items says its discounted . Half the time the customer has misread the sale sign and the other half of the time Myer is in the wrong. If the latter is the case Myer has to honour the discount for the customers. The customer service manager ususlly just advises to honour the discount if it's a random mistake in pricing. Yes I've had to honour 2 customers sale prices, one was incorrect pricing on the item which scans at a higher price then the product's label price and the other customer spotted an expired  sale sign left on a shelf of glassware which was removed after the customer paid for her purchases.

I can't remember where I went after work. I think I caught the 280 bus to Chatswood and went shopping at Myer Chatswood. Yep I did as there is not much left in terms of Christmas ornaments at Myer Warringah. I ended up finally purchasing Gilbert the 2020 Covid Bear ornament not the plush one but the ceramic one which are such good quality in it's own little plastic cylinder and placed him along with the wooden moose I also purchased at Myer Chatswood on my Christmas tree when I got home. 2 free Christmas ornaments paid for in full courtesy of my Myer $20 reward voucher I received from the assistant store manager via email a few weeks ago for excellent customer service. Too bad my Myer Metrics is stuffed up and I am still months away from earning my own Myer $20 reward voucher for great customer service!

Tuesday 15th December 2020

Myer 8 am - 4 pm new shift added checked Kronos 4th 5th 6th & 7th December 2020

Checked Kronos again 11th 12th & 13th December no changes to shift.

Very wet day. Rain on my way home from work and into the night and through the night into next morning.

Lunch was really late today. I barely have time to have lunch and only take 20 - 30 minutes lunch breaks usually around 2.30 pm or 3 pm when I am doing stock. When I pack my lunch it is usually eaten for breakfast upon arriving at Warringah Mall or abandoned if it has to be heated up. Today I ate my nicely packed cream cheese smoked salmon lettuce dill bagel I made the night before, for breakfast. So for my late lunch I escaped Myer and went to O Sushi & Sake Bar to get some lunch. The bar had closed it's sushi train and were randomly boxing up their left over plates of sushi . I could not see what they had left and they were not even discounting the boxes of food so I picked out about 4 plates of my favourite dishes to take away and eat. There are at least 3 other sushi joints within 5 minutes of each other and at least one discounting their leftover sushi but I had to chose O Sushi the most expensive sushi joint which cost me $18. I at least got to select from the leftover dishes I wanted instead of just purchasing whatever was left over. Rating 7/10 Nothing special about the food and a little on the more expensive side but it was my late lunch. Photo below.

The better stuff is underneath

I don't know how many customers I served at the Homewares counter today but I had to abandon my stock and hop on a POS as there were queues of customers and one team member had just gone missing and no one knew where she had gone. The team member who wants to be team leader was actually asked by the customer service manager to go and find her ( she was in kidswear serving) . As soon as the queues had subsided, I returned to stock.

Lunch was really late again. The stock on the dock is never ending. 

I actually went shopping after work and not grocery shopping. I went to Priceline to get some vitamin e cream a charcoal mask cortesone cream for my eczema &  oil of olay whipped regenerist 30 + ( it was half f price $25) and used my sister club $s of $7 to part pay them ith before going to Coles for a bottle of water and pick up my free santoku knife ( I had more then enough credits for) and getting the next 280 Chatswood bus .

As soon as I arrive I  decide to head down to the Chase to K mart as they are open 24 hours I was told by a VM team member. It's been so long since I last went to a K mart. I thought they would have some Christmas decorations left but only a few gift bags paper and boxes. Heaps of stockings though shelves of them! At Kmart I found the very last Sydney backpack in karki which I purchased. Time for another backpack as my black one is wearing out at the straps. I love this new backpack it is light and compact with lots of pockets. It took me a very long time to decide between a heavier weekend backpack which opens up all the way round has a tuck away backpack straps deeper water bottle holders and has compartments and this one. What made me choose this one was qualitt price weight how it is more compact and dimensions. In addition to it I purchased a poo emoji luggage tag as what backpack would be complete without a poo emoji ID tag and it matches! (Actually it is secretly symbolic of what I think about Myer)

Another very miserable wet day today a lot worse then yesterday.

Time to head home. My legs are so sore and tired I take the bus back to the station. It is raining a little but the downpour only happens much later in the evening.

Sleep by 10 pm. I only have to survive tomorrow before 2 whole days off.

Wednesday 16th December 2020

Myer 8 am - 4 pm new shift added checked Kronos 4th 5th 6th & 7th  December 2020

Checked Kronos again 11th 12th & 13th December 2020 no changes to shift.

5.15 am and my blog crashed yet again.

Another very wet day today.

Note : I punched in this morning at 7 48 am  and it came up with undefined again. Does not matter as the customer service manager ( who by the way I found out when she punched in is known by her middle name not her first name) saw me punch in at staff entrance exit.

Today I restocked and remerchandised Heritage bedding into 1000 thread count, 500 thread count & 400 thread count as well as restock the new Summee Vue quilt cover sets.

I also restocked & remerchandised the entire Kitchenaid range of kitchen utensils and gadgets wall into white black red from both the cages in the dock and from the reserve. This was probably the 3rd attempt between team member "ticket girl" and me at trying to complete this and it's finally done.

Whilst on the floor doing stock I did jump on the POS system to assist again for 1 or 2 sales. Mainly for customers who needed a hand with large amounts of dinnerware. I had 2 x customers who purchased over 20 pieces each of MW individual crockery pieces today & 1 lady who purchased a glass cake stand and dome which unfortunately she needed 1 more of and Myer did not have there rang her back on it.

Got falsely accused again by the customer service manager for not reading MComs. I read it ladt night! I even mentioned this to team member "ticket girl" and she said there was nothing on it - there wasn't! So I went back to the customer service manager and told her this and she just said the assistant store manager said I had not and no team members from Homewares had. That's not true actually true and I knew it! Again I still think that some managers need to be drug tested as they are always accusing me if random accusations and also yelling at other staff members or telling them off verbally or via text messages. I was actually asked by one team member whether I received the same text message she received today which she showed me and about being on the "naughty list" for not reading their mcomms I think it was.

Lunch was really late again after 2.30 pm and both team member "ticket gitl" and I escaped to have a quick 20 - 30 minute lunch break separately not together. I was in the staff lunch room and a team member from online shows me a photo of a sea lion stranded at Dee Why Beach this afternoon. Pity I could not show team member "ticket girl" as she lives in Dee Why. It was on the news and said the stranded sea lion "waddled up the stairs" at Dee Why.

I 've now been working at Myer for almost 5 months now and everyone knows who I am but nobody can get my name correct. 1 team member from online calls my Kelly, another team member from some other department calls me Kelly and a team member from VM thought I was Selby ( he should know better he is Spanish) and I asked him today who did you think I was? Wrong person and I'm not from the VM department I'm from Homewares - Who's Shelby? I don't even know who Shelby is.  So I corrected him and he was Goggling my name and he says " Ah Don Quixote,  Man of la Mancha es de Espana"  (which translates to Man of la Mancha in Spanish I repeat to him!). He said now that he knows my name he won't forget it now!

So glad the day is over. So tired. I punched out after 4 pm with team member "ticket girl" who also finished at 4 pm. 

Oops I accidently tapped on the 5 pm 280 bus to Chatswood with my credit card instead of my Opal card ( which is getting low on funds anyway). Let's see what happens when I tap off at Chatswood.

Arriving at Chatswood I wanted to go shopping but most of the shops in Westfield had closed except for Myer and maybe Target. Whatever happened to extended Christmas trading hours less then a week before Christmas? Coles and Aldi of course were still open. I could not be bothered to walk down to The Chase so had a quick look for more lights and Christmas tree ornaments most of which were tacky left overs nobody wanted. I needed some glass icicles to add to my no plastic ornaments Christmas tree and more snowflake fairy lights but can't seem to find  any. I saw a box of red berry lights, however did not purchase them when I saw the very dodgey plug which had a screw in part guaranteed to blow a fuse or two. Should I go coloured lights or stick to white? I feel like my tree needs some colour but I am not keen on flashing multi coloured lights maybe pine coned or icicle shaped white fairy lights that flash and are solar powered but I do like the  white snowflake fairy lights if I can find any! I already have one set but do need another set aa they are a bit short around the tree. I gave up and just ended up going to KFC and getting a cute little snack box of pop corn chicken which now fits in the palm of my hand. Oh how portion sizes have changed. Closer look inside the little box - no they haven't KFC just squishes the box full and yes the pop corn chocken inside the box was squished full!

If my cousin was reading this.....Nah she only likes chicken nuggets when she is not fine dining with her partner!

Text message on Whats App Team Group Chat to check Kronos as shifts have changed. No surprise. New shift added today on Kronos for Monday 21st 8 am - 4 pm and it's not stock either but Markdowns with team member "ticket girl" who is no longer "ticket girl" but "stock girl" and now "markdowns girl"!

Thursday 17th December 2020

Day off as at 4th December 2020

Today I am so tired but trying to catch up. I must get up and do my laundry before venturing out tomorrow. 

I have booked another ticket for Sunday 24th January 2021 to see the Triennial @ NGV  down in Melbourne. I am hoping the new cluster of COVID cases in the Northern Beaches area is not going to impact my visit down to Melbourne to the museum to see it.

Finally managed to pay my weekly rent, take the rubbish out, have a shower wash the dishes, update my diary, return all my empty bottles for recycling and go for some Christmas ornament shopping and a very small grocery shop.

Home and bed after adding my new Christmas tree ornaments of glass icicles to my Christmas tree.

Friday 18th December 2020

Day off as at 4th December 2020

Oh no the cluster of COVID on the Northern Beaches has reached 28 day. So concerning. The US strain has been traced back to a returning overseas traveller although it is unsure where the original source is.

No plans today. It's not only humid but overcast , this morning it was a little wet but it is no longer raining now.

So glad I did not make plans to travel down to Melbourne between Thursday & Sunday!

And I just made myself peking duck pancakes for my lunch tomorrow! I'll have a yummy breakfast at home tomorrow!

I didn't even leave home today and even texted the customer service manager to offer my shift tomorrow to anyone who wanted it for 2 reasons 1. I am trying to limit my travel into the Northern Beaches due to the COVID cluster

2. There are team members who need to work more then I do at the moment especially due to last minute shift changes and reduced hours as a result of the lockdown in the Northern Beaches in force.


Saturday 19th December 2020

Myer 8 am - 5 pm checked Kronos new shift added 4th 5th 6th & 7th December 2020

Checked Kronos 11th 12th & 13th December 2020 no changes to shift.

Checked Kronos 18th December 20, shift changed to 8 am - 4 pm due to COVID cluster on the Northern Beaches .

I texted the customer service manager who was reducing the hours on the roster and offered my Saturday shift to anyone who wanted it. Done.

Another day off today! Not that I can go anywhere as there are travel restrictions/border closures again in place again.

Patient zero has not been found and the Northern Beaches COVID cluster has now reached 39 cases.

I am so glad I made the decision to give up my shift to someone else today.

All beaches from Manly up are closed to the public, hotels and pubs closed, gyms closed & it is recommended that everyone wear masks in all enclosed areas except at home. ( so everyone should especially on  public transport!I always wear a mask everywhere except when I eat usually alone). Basically The Northern Beaches North of the Spit Bridge is in lockdown - stay at home unless you need to exercise go shopping for groceries, go to work , go to appointments or visit an isolated relative. Getting tested for COVID if you have been to any of a now very long list of affected venues is encouraged or essential as well as quarantining for 14 days . Things are going back to March 2020 when COVID initially started to rear it's ugly head. Greater Sydney outside of The Northern Beaches are also encouraged to stay at home, wear a mask and stay alert. 

5 days out from Christmas and it looks like NSW will have no Christmas thos year with the instant closure of state borders around Australia yet again to NSW residents. Utter chaos. Again I am so glad i did not make plans on my days off to travel up North of NSW or South to Merlbourne. I don't even know if I will be able to travel to Melbourne by the 22nd January 2021.

Today I dropped a glass icicle I was hanging on my Christmas tree ( one of 2 sets of 4 boxed sets) that slipped out of my hand and crashed to the tiled floor breaking it. A true symbol of death and not just bad luck in Asian culture. 

I even contemplated taking all the Christmas ornaments off my tree and taking the tree down before packing it away and taking it back to my off site storage unit tomorrow ( yes before Christmas!) . Why have a Christmas tree when there is no Christmas this year? Christmas is over for me - it was over back in July - even March 20.

Sunday 20th December 2020

Day off.

It's been a very long week which started off well but has ended pretty badly. Floods, high winds, thunderstorms and of course the COVID cluster on the Northern Beaches. How can anyone enjoy Christmas and New Year 2020/2021? Is someone trying to punish the world? I won't say God as I'm unreligious but what next World War 3?

This year there is only one thing I want for Christmas World Peace.

I want COVID to disappear

I want the world economy to be restored to normal

I want China to stop being so up themselves to the rest of the world

I want the thunderstorms wild winds heavy rain bush fires and other forms of natural diasters to end.

I want life to return to normal so everyone to be reunited with friends and family around the world.

I want to be free to travel again without restriction.

It's 3.14 am and I just can't sleep. It's raining outside and  I can hear the swishing of motor vehicles driving past.

Paid my maintenance fees today in advance not due until 1st January 2021. 

News headlines for today there are now 41 cases of COVID on Northern Bridges have been confirmed & for the first time the annual Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race has been cancelled due to the 14 day quarantine requirement upon arrival in Hobart Tasmania.

I am venturing out and it's 4 pm. I was thinking about not going to work tomorrow and the next 2 days as I don't want to be a super spreader if I do end up contracting COVID from work but said yes to the customer service manager who rang me today to ask me mid day whether I was still coming to work. Only if I get pulled over at the Spit Bridge or Roseville Bridge and told to turn back then I obviously will not turn up for work.

Why aren't people wearing masks on public transport? 2 people  and the driver on the 144 towards Chatswood  at 4.10 pm did not wear a mask. People taking a walk were even wearing masks!

Good to see that quite a few people shopping in Chatswood are wearing masks but not enough people are. I went to Coles down the other end of Chatswood ( Chase ) and almost all staff are wearing the coles logo masks however a number of people shopping were not. 

I purchased another 2 boxes of glass icicle Christmas tree ornaments and broke yet another one by accidently dropping it again today. That's bad luck a second time for me. Break one more and something eally bad will happen to me. ( bad things happen in 3s usually).

Besides going brieflt to Aldi at Chatswood Place then to Kmart before spending most of my time at Coles to do a big grocery shop. It was straight home on an almost empty 343 bus back up to Chatswood  station before taking the lift up as the esculator was out of order to street level onto the next 144 bus home. 

Unpack my groceries as soon as I get home tv and catch up on my blog as well as read the texts on the Whats App  team group chat regarding the COVID outbreak on the Northern Beaches. 

By the way toilet paper, paper towels and antibacterial wet wipes for cleaning are in short supply again. Antibacterial wet wipes for hands are still available and so is bottle antiseptic but antibacterial wipes for cleaning benches are in short supply. The shelves were almost empty. Bottled water is slso in low supply. I could not get my normal brand of individually paper wrapped toilet rolls so had to settle for the 4 ply Coles brand So Soft toilet paper 4 pack wrapped in plastic. These toilet rolls are still the same pre COVID size so far. 

Bed by 9.30 pm as I am working tomorrow.

End of another week. Finally!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment