Friday 2 April 2021

Monday 12th - Sunday 18th April 2021 Week 55 of Under Employment & Watch My One & Only Service Shift @ Myer On Tuesday Get Cancelled At The Last Minute Again

Monday 22th April 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm Stock only

I was running late today and missed my 6.40 am 144 bus therefore had to wait for the next bus to come which was a 286 I think to Machons Point and change at St Leonards for a 114 bus to Balmoral Beach I think and get off at my usual Neutral Bay Junction stop at stand E to connect onto a Bline bus to Warringah Mall. If I had waited for the next 144 bus I would have not made it in time for the 7.55 am staff  entrance opening which is only for 5 minutes. as the walk from the bus stop to the staff entrance is a good 15 minute walk.

I wish this blog would stop crashing everytime I wrote something bad about Myer.

I'll start again. Besides constantly checking Kronos, I checked my Metrics ( so I don't get in trouble for not doing so). I was not even on the floor last week and find I got a customer feedback score of a 10/10 on 11th April.. That's great for me but it did not change my 90% overall customer satisfaction score. This is why the whole Myer Metrics systems is just wrong! Why should it be an individual effort and not a team effort per department? 

Nothing much happened today.

Just the usual - watch where the other newer team members dong stock place the merchandise on the floor. No I will not,  I don't believe in micromanaging such a brain dead task. I am sure the new team members doing stock will use their common sense. They may need help on where to put the excess stock though.

I waa down in the reserves consolidating stock to make room for excess stock. There is heaps of room in the reserve just lazy people dumping stock everywhere in no particular order and complaining they can't fit anymore stock into it. 

I missed a call from the customer service manager to help her with the bakeware stock. It's a one person job - I was not going to finish something she could not be bothered doing herself after starting it. I had my own cage of stock to put out and was not going to drop doing  it just to put her stuff back down in the reserve. She claims to have a bad back but I have seen her lift things without a problem. She just wants someone else to pick up her mess after her like lkast time when I had to finish off her display and put any excess stock away because she never returned.

I am sure there were other things thst happened today but I can't be bothered to write about them.

Tuesday 13th April 2021

I had not even made my way to punch in or put my stuff in the staff locker or my lunch in the staff refrigerator, when I saw a man looking for someone to serve him. There was no one at the Homewares counter and there must have bern no-one at the Menswear counter so I dumped my stuff and jumped behind the register and served him but he was followed by another customer also needing to be served which luckily the team leader showed up to serve. No I was not  2 minutes late today. I actually was early 5 minutes probably more serving a customer before I even punched in at 10.32 am!

Considering I haven't been on the floor for so long I don't think I did too bad today. It got a bit crazy around lunch time but other then customers buying a whole lot of bedding and towels, there was only one customer I had who wanted to pay for her $200 quilt with about 10 - 20 different Voles Myer gift vouchers all in $20, $10 & $5 denominations. It took me forever to process each one with the balance paid with EFTPOS! I had to ring the team leader to ask if there was a limit to how many the POS system would accept before processing them all in case I got stuck!

Folding towels and trying to get the scanning guns to work as well as taking down the Tuesday daily deals were all part of duties today but my focus was on selling and assisting customers. I asked every customer if they had a Myer One  and if not if they wanted to join. All said no. I even explained what the benefits of down loading the Myer One app is to a few customers were were not of them but were Myer One members.

Then there was the where to put all the excess knives and knife blocks situation again. I was not happy about the dumping of the MW boxed cutlery sets in the hard reserve as the decision was made that they belonged in the old tv reserve. I found out one of the VM team members was told to put them there so I said to them to put the excess knives and knife blocks in there as well stuff it when I knew they belonged in the old tv reserve. In the end the VM team member put all the excess knives and knife blocks into the old tv reserve. She managed to fit them all in by moving stuff around. There was stuff everywhere - yep just like the hard reserve I cleaned up.

Debates on how to fold towels- it's driving me crazy and everyone else too! I said there should be a standardised towel folding template like the ones used to fold shirts and t shirts

Returned the ipads to their charging stations signed them back in and same with the one knife key before punching out and taking my stuff out of the staff locker. Bag check by the Store Manager at 5.30 pm at the store entrance/exit ( who told me he wasn't shop lifting and just wrapping some ceramic coasters in some tissue paper he had paid for previously and I said to him well I guess Prince Philip did get a letter from the Queen - it was just a few months before both he and the Queen were about to celebrate their birthdays too).

A toilet stop  and a stop at Coles to purchase a bottle of water. Home on the 6 pm 280 bus to Chatswood then 144 bus home.

End of my one and only day on the floor.

Day off tomorrow. Thank goodness.

Wednesday 14th April 2021

Paid bills

Took the rubbish out

Slept in 

Cooked lunch for tomorrow 

Still extremely allergic therefore did not venture out.

Thursday 15th April 2021

I haven't blogged for a reason. My allergies have become so bad that I have not been able to blog.

I finally had to say something at work. I believe that work has been partially causing my allergies to become so bad. It has never been so bad before. No medication was working anymore on my allergies.

I noticed that my constant watery itchy and swollen eye lids were not getting any better when I was doing stock despite using anti inflammatory allergy eye drops and my skin became covered in a rash which started on my forearms and legs that was not really going away. Last week it was at it's worst the day before I went down to Melbourne. 

I only had a day of relief on Tuesday - my only shift on the floor serving. My eye was not irritating me as much and the swelling was going down on my eye lid although the skin around my eye lids was still drying out from the air conditioning. Today my eye irritation returned. Wearing a mask has definitely helped my asthma. I have not had a coughing fit for so long now which means that any dust and dirt has been prevented from entering my lungs through my nose and mouth.

I didn't think much of doing stock at the beginning as I was still doing some shifts on the floor but as I started doing very few shifts on the floor and more shifts doing stock my allergies have become worse. Most of my shifts are on stock and I only had 1 shift on the floor on Tuesday.

But the truth about Myer has now come out. I was on my way to see a doctor after my shift ended today at 4 pm when I was intercepted by the customer service manager. This esculated to speak to the operations manager and thanks to having to wait around to speak to them both I was unable to  see the closest doctor in the mall at Priceline as they were packing up to go home and the medical centre was not taking any  more appointments for today but could book me in for tomorrow. I am not working tomorrow so that will not help me in anyway. So I purchased a 30 packet of Zertec antihistamines hoping to take one for temporary relief. This Priceline did not have any anti allergy eye drops and the queue to get over the counter cortisone cream was quite a wait. So I waited for the next 280 bus back to Chatswood and it's late-night shopping so managed at least to find another Priceline located at Chatswood Station and purchased 2 tubes of different cortisone cream and some allergy eye drops before catching the bus straight home and trying to sleep after putting some cortisone cream on. I was exhausted. 

Back to the truth about Myer. I have a whole 6 days off and hardly 2 shifts next week on Thursday 8 am - 3 pm and Friday 8 am - 4 pm both on stock. So it will give me a week to recover however when I return to do stock my allergies will just return. When asked by the operations manager why I only had hardly 2 shifts on stock next week - the customer service manager said that's all the shifts she could give me. How can that be? And they are both on stock not on the floor. The operations manager also mentioned that he was going to ask my availability and whether I wanted extra work. This did not make sense either as they know my availability. When I filled out my employment forms I said that I was available everyday except Sunday and that I wanted to work 24 hours a week. I was also hired to be on service NOT stock. So wht was I demoted to doing stock only? I did not sign up to do stock - 6.5 years of study only to be a stock girl? Why am I only getting minimal shifts when everyone else seems to be getting many more shifts?  I just does not make amy sense and I feel as if I am falling behind every one else and not even part of the Homewares team anymore. 

Friday 16th April 2021

Do nothing day except ensure my apartment is still nice & clean to minimise my allergies. 

I am not even checking my Kronos as management was going to shuffle things around so I don't have to do stock every single shift. 

Continued Centrelink fortnightly reporting submitted. 


Saturday 17th April 2021

Another do nothing day but I hardly have any groceries left therefore have to venture out. 

There has definitely been an improvement in my eyes. They are not as irritated puffy and itchy and not as watery. The swelling of my top eye lid has almost gone down.

My skin is not as angry and inflamed as Thursday and although I am still itchy in some parts nowhere near as itchy as Thursday. The rash over my body is starting to disappear although this may take a week or so as I was scratching so badly, the skin is broken so will take time to heal up again.

My hands are the worst as they are constantly exposed. 

Not a nice day today. Overcast and it wants to rain but can't. 

Dropped off my 5 bottles for recycling first before stopping of Daiso which still did not have any large front opening storage bins in stock.

Net stop Coles and Aldi. Most of my grocery shopping was done today from Aldi then Coles Westfield Chatswood . No stopping at Woolworths Metro today as my 2 shopping bags are full and I cannot carry anymore bags. I had to put my tub of yoghart in my backpack because it did not quite fit in either shopping bag. 

I had to watch my budget very carefully as I am not working again until Thursday and hardly have 2 shifts this week. Checked Kronos this morning for the first time again since Thursday and my stock shifts on Thursday & Friday have now changed to shorter shifts on the floor on Thursday and Saturday.


Sunday 18th April 2021

What a beautiful day outside. Did not venture out again. I had a stack of laundry to do and am still trying to catch up with things. Allergies still hanging around but nowhere as bad as previous. 

I still have 3 more days off until I return to work on Thursday so am looking at what I can do on a budget.

I baked a banana bread loaf today and it sure turned out nice and light with just the right amount of sweetness ( probably because I had some artifical sweetener that was a free sample from one of the many food and wine shows I previously attended in the pantry that I used - this is the first time I have used an artifical sweetener and had no idea how much to put in as I am not keen on using them). 

Watched a lot of the Food channel whilst waiting for my laundry to wash and dry.

Bed at 10 pm.

End of another week.



No comments:

Post a Comment