Thursday 4 February 2016

Saturday December 26th 2015 - Inspire at Enspire Foundation

Every year I try to find an organisation I can volunteer with.
In the past I have volunteered with a broad range of organisations within Australia and Canada. In the future I hope to extend this.
Examples of previous volunteer events in Australia include working as a museum guide which lead to a paid position, working at the pre race registration tent for the Blackmores running festival before participating in the race itself and working as a tax help officer for the ATO.
Examples of previous volunteer events in Canada include working at The Savation Army Christmas Day Meal and Seniors Brunch at Barclay House.
It is nice to give back to the community by volunteering.
In 2014 I found an organisation named Enspire and preregistered online to volunteer at the soup kitchen on 26th December. It was a lot of fun meeting new people who have a common interest in helping to feed the homeless in the downtown area of Vancouver. 2.5 hrs and the average production of 140 plates of food consisting of salad pasta garlic bread and rice crispies. I was so impressed with the operation of the soup kitchen I decided to preregister again to volunteer this year ie 26th Dec 2015.
I also registered to volunteer for The Vancouver Food Bank at Canada Place on 31st Dec 2015 which was a new event.
I encourage anyone who would like to enhance their vacation to include volunteering in their itinerary.


The Living Room soup kitchen volunteers through Enspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment