Monday 15 February 2016

Tuesday 29th December 2015 - Did I feel the earthquake in Vancouver? Earthquake what earthquake?

For many years the warning has always been that if Vancouver had an earth quake it would be a massive one.
When an earthquake finally occurred on Vancouver Island its effects were felt throughout Vancouver on the mainland.
I actually slept through the earthquake as did one of my German hostel friends. I woke the next day to find a text from my cousin who resides in a suburb near Vancouver airport. It read "Did you feel the earthquake?" My reply was "What earthquake? When did it happen?" At breakfast I heard that other hostel guest had run into the hallway when it happened. It could easily have been mistaken for some heavy guests making thumping sounds as they climbed down from their top bunks onto the dorm room floors.
Yes it was an earthquake and with very little to no aftershocks thank goodness.
It sounded like it could have been a 6. Something on the Richter scale but it was bearely a 5. something on the richter scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment