Monday 17 April 2017

Tuesday 18th April 2017 - Extremely Disappointed Member of Sydney Living Museums

Last year at the beginning of November as I may have mentioned in a previous blog,  I purchased an MCA membership and a Sydney Living Museums membership.

So far I am happy with my MCA membership BUT extremely disappointed with my Sydney Living Museum membership therefore I am making it quite clear now that I am seriously thinking of not renewing when it expires this year.

The main reason is trying to obtain information and book online to events advertised on their website. (I am still waiting for a response to my email regarding whether there will be shuttle buses to and from Rouse Hill Farm) .It seems that the left arm can't figure out what the right arm is doing. Just to book the Common Sense Cookery tour for next Sunday 23rd April has been a total frustration and finding out that it is actually sold out makes me even angrier. I tried to book online when it was first advertised and it failed therefore I emailed to find out if I could book another way. I was given the number of the box office which did not answer when I rang therefore had to find an alternative contact number  which I rang but who could not do anything except try and transfer me through to box office and send an email with my details and inquiries to them. When I finally got through to box office they had no idea of the event I wanted to book for and then advised me it was sold out when they found it . They took my details down again and when I advised them that an email had been sent to them - they could not see one. If the event was sold out surely the first thing to do was to indicate this on the booking website.
No such message appeared therefore I am now still waiting a response as to whether I can still attend this event - EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED MEMBER OF THE SYDNEY LIVING MUSEUM.

After leaving my details again with the box office, they managed to squeeze me into the event. Because I was nowhere near a computer when they phoned back (I was about to catch a bus at a bus stop) , I gave them my credit card details and an email confirmation was sent to me within a few minutes. I really hope it doesn't continue to take so much effort to book for any event run by Sydney Living Museums.

Stay tuned on my review of the Eat Your History -  Common Sense Cookery tour at Susannah Place Museum in The Rocks next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment