Thursday 30 November 2017

Thursday 30th November 2017 - The Tree of Joy

Last day of November and the end of Spring. Only 25 days until Christmas.

Not big on Christmas celebrations, I intend to sleep through Christmas and Boxing Day as I usually like to do - Well not exactly as I am usually on the plane on Christmas Day and half way across the world except for last year and now this year. I will be working and will probably be too dead tired to do anything by the time Christmas Day arrives.

Preparing last minute things for my next "adventure" will consume all of my entire 2 days off.

No presents to worry about no cards to send this year - I can't be bothered everyone can get "cyber" Christmas Greetings this year! Christmas for me is over by the end of October even September!

Now let me tell you about the Tree of Joy - located in the St Ives Shopping Village and run by the Rotary Club.

Why are people reading this blog when I haven't even finished it yet?

The Tree of Joy is similar to the Christmas Wish Trees that are present in Kmart and Target stores around Christmas time. The difference is The Tree of Joy is for senior citizens residing in nursing homes who may or may not have any friends or family whereas The Christmas Wish Trees are for disadvantaged families especially kids and teenagers.

I chose 2 people from the Tree of Joy to purchase presents for however they forgot to put their ages on the gift tags both hang on the Christmas Tree and to be hung on the tree.

I chose Shirley who requested lipstick perfume or chocolate and Lynda who just requested a size 12 top.

I spend Thursday night shopping and with a lot of assistance purchased some coral red lipstick and floral scented perfume from Miniso and a personalised box of Tim Tams from the Gift Emporium level 6 at Myer Chatswood for Shirley F.

Next day I took them to work with me and arrived at work earlier to wrap them and hand them back as I was worried that the Tim Tams would not survive the Summer temperatures.

1 down 1 to go! Over my 3 days off work I will hopefully find an appropriate size 12 top for Lynda. The Myer sales assistant was not very helpful on Thursday night with assisting me in selecting an appropriate size 12 top - wrong colours and what's with the paisley prints - I hate paisley! There is certainly some hideous fashion out there! Even at 70 + people still have style and not everyone wears a shapeless dress or top that is not a mu - mu or a kaftan!

Done , dusted and delivered back to The Tree of Joy - not exactly as I wanted to give Lynda but it was a size 12 top as wished for and no paisley patterns either! Just a nice white t shirt with a blue floral pattern on it. I really hopes she likes it and it fits her.







No comments:

Post a Comment