Wednesday 10 October 2018

Saturday 13th & 20th October 2018 - Wentworth By Elections

Whoever is reading my blogs from an unknown region - could you please stop doing so. It is blocking the analytics!

This is an advance posting. I will not be going anywhere for the next 2 weekends in October due to my involvement in the Wentworth By Elections.

A reminder voting is compulsory in Australia for all citizens over 18 and this Wentworth By Election there are apparently 14 candidates running. So pre vote or postal voting is an option if you are unable to vote on polling day if you live in the Wentworth electorate.

TBC......

So this Saturday 13th October 2018 and next Saturday 20th October 2018  I will miss yet another 2 dance classes as I have to attend the only election training session I can make it to from 11 am - 12.30 pm this Saturday before the actual election next Saturday. Yes 90 minutes of face to face training in the city after completing an online training and assessment course of 4 modules. All this training is required to be completed for just one day of employment on polling day! After working at 3 or more State and 3 or more Federal elections I am beginning to question whether it is worth doing it anymore. This will be my first By Election and although I have applied for and offered positions to work at Local elections, I have never taken them up because they are just not worth working at.

TBC......

Sorry no photos allowed.

My diary is getting so full it is bursting at the seams.

I wish I had just 1 day that I can actually have a proper sleep in and I don't mean having to wake up at 7am instead of the usual 5 am most days!

OK training session over - not at the usual AEC office but just down the road and around the corner from it. This time there were a few exercises we had to do as practice for the real day. I found out that there is only 1 DVIO for most polling places ( 2 for larger polling places) as most votes should be ordinary votes.

Another miserable day of stop and start rain.

I stop off at Marketcity Shopping Centre to grab some lunch after my election training session. My favourite Asian food from The Taste of Cho. After lunch a quick shop where I found a replacement suitcase cover (really cute) before catching the light rail to Central and a train back to Chatswood.

Another shop at Chatswood for essentials but not a full shop. First I actually purchased something from Myer- big spend too - a pair of sunglasses from the Sunglass Hut concession inside the Myer department store.

Home time. So tired.

Photos attached.







Monday 15th October 2018
I finally got a chance to catch up with one of my friends from Kologne Germany who is on a 6 month exchange at Sydney University as a post graduate. I spent from 10 am to 2 pm with him and took him for coffee  and brunch at my favourite underground cafe @ Town Hall Luneburger (refer previous blog). I had a spinach and leek strudel and green tea which was far too hot! and he had a seeded egg roll and coffee of some sort. We sat and chatted for a while. It was pouring with rain when I left so I sought refuge along with other people under the Town Hall steps instead of above them which was where I was originally going to meet him. I sent him a quick text to advise him where I was. The Town Hall clock struck 10 am he arrives just in time. His text response was     " I'm almost there." My text response " Ah The German Efficiency!" ( a joke since Vancouver 2 years ago)

After an early brunch we walked around town through the underground shops and then on a train to Chatswood where I showed him the library and 2 malls - including the Aldi of course.

Another bite to eat at my favourite sushi place down in the food court of Chatswood Chase before he left to study for his exam tomorrow. I walk him to the train station before picking up my Christmas ornament from Target's Click and Collect and a final shop before heading home.

Another activity planned for Tuesday before working again on Wednesday. How I am no longer looking forward to working next Saturday - the Wentworth By Elections! I found out ( I should have applied to work as an EO)  my position as a DVIO only pays about $20 more then an EO and is the only position not using a computer! Too late.

Postscript : Tuesday night I get a text that the OIC of the polling place ie Church In The Market Place Bondi North is going to give me and everyone else working at this polling place a call. Yep she sure did and it answered a few of my questions I had which were incorrectly answered on training day last Saturday. Information I found out was this is a new polling venue and there is actually another DVIO working with me. It therefore likely to be busy as it is right on the corner of a main road.

TBC.......


Tuesday 16th October 2018
Would have loved to have been down at the Opera House forecourt at noon today to see Harry and Meghan  but had other commitments from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm - Ramon's Jazz Workout class. Haven't been able to a class for weeks now therefore had to go to one as I am working most Tuesdays now and therefore won't be able to attend any dance classes during the week.

After class a shower which by 2 pm the day is almost over. A walk over to Central Park Mall for a mini spicy chicken burrito and a look at what's showing at the new Palace Cinema there located on the top floor of  the shopping centre. Decided not to see a movie but just enjoy sitting down to eat my late lunch.

I went to Daiso the Japanese $ chain store to do a bit of shopping. I found a choccolate ice cream cone but it was not ice cream but tasted like an aero bar in a cone. Being lactose intolerant I think this is the closest thing to a real ice cream in a cone I will ever get to taste!

photo below of inside Central Park Mall also known as the "living mall"  due to its marid of live plants growing on the exterior of the buildings as well as interiors of the mall & the chocolate cone I purchased it tasted quite good then again anything chocolate tastes good!






















No rain today  and the sun has come out - it is even a little warm and I have actually abandoned my hooded puffer jacket today!

4.30 pm almost and it is time to make my way home now. Maybe one last shop.

Train back to Chatswood then bus home.

Work tomorrow.

Oh damn it I knew there was something I forgot to attend yesterday - another AGM in Sydney!





No comments:

Post a Comment