Monday 29 April 2019

Monday 29th April 2019 - Trip to Macquarie Shopping Centre

It has been so long since I have travelled out to Macquarie Shopping Centre - in fact ever since the train line closed from Chatswood Station for the construction of the new Metroline.

Photo below

Macquarie University train station closed - to st there it is replacement buses only SL1 SL2 SL3 bewteen St Leonards Station  or Chatswood Station 


Bus services have replaced the train service and  ran quite frequently between Chatswood and Macquarie University / Macquarie Shopping Centre however I could not be bothered.

Today I took the SL1 bus  ( abbreviated Shore Link bus route 1 Chatswood to Epping) for the first time out to Macquarie University Station just as the bus and train timetables changed today with services amended in preparation for the opening of the new Metroline - an opening date has still not bern announced by the state government. Train testing is still in progress without any passengers on it - I would due to be one of the first passengers to take a ride on the new Metroline train !

Anyway once at Mascquarie Centre I was feeling hungry so went to Nene Chicken - Korean style fried chicken which I ha ve only had once before and have blogged about. Last time I only had original chicken tbis time I forked out $7.95 for a 6 pack of spicy ( or swicy on the menu signs as they can"t spell)  drunettes and wings.

So what did I think? Never again! Stick to the original fried chicken. It was definitely not worth the $7.95. I waited forever to get my "meal" and there was noone else waiting.

The chicken pieces came in a cardboard box much like a chicken nugget box in a paper bag with a mandatory single packaged wet wipe. Just as well this was included with the "meal" as it was impossible to eat without one! OK so I open the box and the chicken pieces look appetizing- covered in a sticky reddish glaze sprinkled ith sesame seeds. I take a bite into a brunette and it was really hot which meant freshly cooked however it was not spicy at all. Then I  took a bite into a wing asnd again not spicy at all however it was nowhere as hot as the brunette when I picked it up. Worse still was the rather l are pool of sticky reddish glaze at the bottom of the box - far too much glaze to chicken ratio and far too sticky and sweet. I ended up unsatisfied after finishing the meal covered in sticky glaze I opened the wet wipe  and cleaned as much of the sticky reddish glaze off my fingers and hands as I could before heading to the nearest bathroom to way my hands thoroughly with foaming soap and water to rid the stickiness and smell.

I will never agasin eat this. Rating:  3/10 epic fail!!!!!. I think a $4 or $5 small bucket of Karaage chicken would have been better especially from the Chstswood Mall market food stall  stall.

Photos below





No comments:

Post a Comment