Sunday 12 July 2020

Monday 13th - Sunday 19th July 2020 - Annual Appointment With My Tax Agent, Lamington Iced VoVos & Week 17 of Unemployment

2019/2020 tax return lodged - another one bites the dust. I only see my tax agent once a year ( I am sort of glad I only see him once a year because my tax agent's office looks as if it hasn't been cleaned at all for 25 years, I  sanitised my hands and washed them as soon as I left his office & changed my clothes as soon as I got home - yuk!) and boy has he aged! As soon as I walked in the first thing I said to him was "Gee you've aged a lot!" I was wearing my trusty mask and his desk had a rather dirty splatter screen which he climbed behind which made him think I said " Gee you're caged in!" I repeated myself to him and he started explaining about his Louis Vuitton bags under his eyes. Apart from doing my tax return ( which he doesn't even do himself and I think he let it slip that he gets his secretary to do it), I reminded him of how he has been my tax agent since I was in my early twenties when his office was literally a hole in a rundown shed in a seedy dark  back lane of Bondi Junction off Oxford Street Mall ( maybe I'm exagerating but it was a very dodgey building covered in graffiti in a lane that you would not want to hang around at night) and how he once hired a guy named Bruno that was clearly off his face whilst doing my tax return and advising me that I had a $5 refund before I exclaimed out loud "Excuse me!" before my tax agent jumped out from behind a bookcase where his office was and says " That's enough Bruno go away - you're playing with people's lives here" to then go through my tax return again himself. I asked him today whether he sacked Bruno and of course he did. I then asked him what happens if I want my tax return done in the future and you're not here anymore? Do you have a succession plan - he said the company will still run and then admitted that he could not let his son take over as he is not very good at maths, before questioning him about what his son is actually doing. This was what his response was "drugs!" - OK he didn't actually say it that way it was more like " Living the Byron Bay lifestyle doing drugs that type of thing...." Oh ok - lets move on. I then asked him how much he was going to charge me for doing my tax return this time round since I am unemployed? He only knocked off $20 off his last year's fee he charged me ( my prompt to remind him how long he has been my tax agent for and how loyal I've been)  - oh well you've got to keep the economy running! He then said to me that  he should be charging me much more for telling him how old he looked! Really weird that my tax agent also asked me how my telecommunication shares are going - I told him that  they are the type of shares that you set and forget. The first public offer did really well however my tax agent said the second public offer didn't do as well. My estimated tax to be paid and the tax I actually paid was pretty close this financial year. There was no fat tax refund this financial year due to changing my no tax free threshold to tax free threshold, LSL payout, unemployment for over 3 months and welfare ( JobSeeker) payments along with the any dividends (which were not so good this financial year) and any interest earned ( almost zero this financial year) . There were the regular allowable deductions pro rated where applicable - IPI, PHI, trade show attendance expenses, laundry of logo uniforms, work related phone & computer usage , tax agent fees & other expenses related to managing tax affairs , PO Box rental, offsite storage of all tax related documents and all previous years tax returns as well as the massive boxes of kitchen equipment, samples, gifts, books, journals and tools all from work archived over from over the past decades. I did end up with a small tax refund though.

Tax return done, the first thing I do is find hand sanitiser then head for the nearest bathroom to wash my hands!

Next onto my PO box to empty out my mail. I find amongst my mail a letter I had written for my volunteer work with a return to sender sticker on it. I take it back to the parcel collection office at Bondi Junction and the postal officer scribbles the barcode out and it is resent. I email the volunteer coordinator to find out what is going on. There was a notification of a change of staff at the Aged Care Facility however it does not explain why I haven't received any stamps either for my volunteer work from the volunteer co ordinator. Is there yet another problem within Australia Post? Is my mail being tampered with again? Again after emptying the po box it was find the bathroom to wash my hands again.

Onto my next stop my off site storage to find my black jackets and dress as well as clean out my stationey box and give away anything I have excess of or don't use anymore to consolidate stuff. I took out a large water colour sketch pad, water colour pencils, a selection of envelopes, all my photographic paper of various sizes (now thst I have a new printer), a large ceramic flan tin, a milk thermometer, a glue gun, note paper and envelopes and a few other things. I still can't find my blankets but I did pull out an old quilt cover which I will need when I get my new mattress. I could only carry so much so I stopped with what I had. I could not find my other black Winter jacket so I will have to find it next time. I really need to consolidate all my tools and equipment I got from work ( large crates if them amongst all my other archive boxes labelled employment boxes and previous years tax returns).  Hopefully will do this on my next visit. I think I might take all my fabric home with me next time too. I would love to buy a small basic easy to use sewing machine and an overlocker to finish off my patchwork and other craft projects I abandoned. You don't sign in and sign out when you visit the storage facility now, instead you need to check in and check out at the reception office. After leaving the storage facility it is off to place all my excess things and things I did not use anymore into the charity bins in the Eastgate Shopping Centre Car Park. Then back to the toliets to wash my hands again before heading home on the direct 200 bus. No time & no spare hands to go shopping today.

Home to watch Masterchef update my blog and sleep. Such a busy day today. Did not get to do my laundry or pay bills. Will do that tomorrow. Checked to see if there was any further correspondance in relation to that job I had applied for , completed training online and attended the safety orientation session for last week. Nope not that I can see. Another thing to follow up on tomorrow.

Looks like another life admin day tomorrow.


Tuesday 14th July 2020


HAPPY BASTILLE DAY TO ALL MY FRENCH READERS OUT THERE !

Just checked the forecast - 4am and it's meant to be raining. I am awake at 3 am and it's not raining just as there were no thunder storms that were forecasted for yesterday at noon! It's meant to be raining at least until Thursday.

I've been awake since 12.30 am this morning blogging.

May go back to sleep now.

7.30 am and I wake up to the loud swish of cars driving past - it has certainly been raining if it is not currently raining. It was a very cold night and it is really windy outside as I can just see the tree outside my window underneath my mostly pulled down blind swaying.

Not a nice day to go out at all.

Breakfast was a large bowl of mushroom ricotta ravioli in a vegetable stock broth. I have my trusty slow cooker on continuously  so I can add vegetables into the stock ( after taking out all the ravioli ). At the moment I have some leftover brussel sprouts in my stock. I plan to build this soup up with chicken thigh fillets, potatos, carrots, capsicum, tomatos, onion and whatever else I have in my fridge and pantry.

After paying a few bills I actually managed to venture outside into the cold & wet weather to catch a bus to Chatswood to do some grocery shopping and to get some change for the laundry which I still haven't done!

I spent a little longer then I expected grocery shopping and still had 3 things on my list that I did not manage to find or left off due to it's lack of country of origin labelling. I have been spending more and more time looking at the country of origin on all of my grocery items and their ingredients before purchasing them. It is very important to me as to what I put into my body and I don't like highly processed foods but do allow myself  1 take away or tv type dinner (not a frozen one) which is slightly processed a week. I love my junk food but again  always read their ingredients list and country of origin. I follow 2 rules -

1. Is it made in Australia or NZ? I have always been a strong believer in buying locally made products where possible and prefer them over foreign made products hence giving Australian and NZ made products purchase preference. There will always be grocery items that Australian can't produce therefore you have to purchase a foreign made one. If I see a grocery item which is labelled "Made in China" I will not touch it and search until I find a similar grocery item produced in another country. I want to know that what is in a grocery item is up to quality standards and will not be harmful to me. I have seen a lot more particularly supermarket house brand products that do not even have a country of origin labelled on them and only a bar showing the % of Australian "components" - a lot of which is packed in Australia from imported ingredients either fully or partially. How is it possible for companies to bypass the country of origin labelling which used to be part of compulsory labelling requirements? No country of origin no purchase no exceptions.

2. If you can't pronounce ingredients in the list of ingredients on a grocery item - don't buy it. These days even the simplest grocery items contain more ingredients then they should. Far too many preservatives, artifical colours and flavours and e numbers galore! I keep an e number book and if I don't know what it is or what it does don't buy it and certainly don't eat it. Here is an example : Mashmellows :  there is a particular brand of mashmellows I found which not only tasted great but were not the traditional pink and white slightly chemical tasting ones . It was Made in Australia with no artifical colours or flavours in 4 funky flavours and colours. It is priced competitively as well however now difficult to find. The reason why I purchased this brand of mashmellows and not the Pascall or other brand was because they only contain the ingredients real mashmellows should contain and not the countless ingredients including a list of e number equivalents you find in imported American brand mashmellows or worse the Chinese made mashmellows. Plain white mashmellows ( excluding the addition of natural flavours and colours) should only contain a meximum of  8 ingredients gelatine, sugar ( granulated and confectioners ) , corn syrup, water ( cold & normal temperature) , salt & vanilla.

Moving on to my junk food or snack choices. I like to try limited edition or new products that come onto the market. Previously I wrote about the new Arnotts chocolate mudcake shortbread and how I didn't really think much of. I actually didn't check the ingredients very closely on these biscuits - probably had that artifical chemical after taste because of the e numbers! Anyway Arnotts has another new biscuit release ( photo below) which is a hybrid between a Lamington and the original Iced VoVo biscuit. To be honest I have never been a fan of the Lamington or the Iced VoVo biscuit but love anything with chocolate therefore my curiousity prompted me to try it. I haven't opened the packet up yet but will let readers know what I think at a later date.





After unpacking my groceries, I watched  the Food channel, news and Masterchef falling asleep again but woke up enough to see who made it to the semi finals - my prediction was correct. The final 3 contestants that made it to the semi finals deserved to be there.  I didn't see what their winning dishes were so another catch up episode tomorrow morning. Nah won't bother the 3 deserving remaing semi final contestants were who I predicted to be so I'm happy with that.

Check to see if any changes in my job application - still no further correspondance since completing my online training, attending the safety orientation session and downloading their apps required. Maybe follow up tomorrow - maybe missing a step? or a tech issue?

Wednesday 15th July 2020
It was a very wild cold wet night last night and into the early morning. I did not sleep well at all and was scratching, sneezing, eyes watering,  nose running really badly but no cough . This morning I had to take an antihistamine as I was still really allergic. It has dried up outside but it is still windy grey and cold. No venturing outside today.

Still need to do my laundry, filing and cleaning the apartment as the floor tends to get quite dirty from bringing stuff in from venturing outside. I am constantly vaccuming due to dust and dirt on the floor.

Just drank a MoJo probiotic shot this morning ( a freebie from Woolworths) and made the first layer of a Nanimo bar ( have to wait for this to set before making the second layer of custard and 3rd layer of chocolate) . There is also a chicken and vegetable soup in my slow cooker. Can't wait to drink this on a day like today but that's hours away!

I am watching tv which started off with the Food channel but flicked over to Channel 7 news but only briefly as I could not stand watching it anymore. I am sick of being constantly bombarded with Corona virus news. Everyone wear a mask everywhere and eventually the virus will be phased out. I always wear a mask wherever I go and will continue to do so unless I absolutely can't even going down to the laundry or taking the rubbish out eventhough there is no one around. Yesterday in the supermarkets there are always disgusting people around you that don't cover their mouths and just cough around you - I hope that man at Woolworths Metro who was coughing everywhere didn't infect me - yuk! I got my antiseptic spray out from my back pack and sprayed it on myself immediately after the man passed me.

Other news yesterday shows how 2019 and 2020 have just continued to be such tragic years. Floods, Fires, Corona virus pandemic and now the deaths of famous and high profile people and at such young ages. The death of Elvis Presley's grandson and the death of Kelly Preston John Tavolta's wife is just so sad and so close together as well. I'm not religious- never was and never will be but was my late mother's believe that if people do bad things God punishes them true? Is God punishing the world for everything people have done wrong? He obviously isn't selecting and punishing only those that have done wrong - he is punishing the world - could this be because of the "all men are created equal" principle? One in all in just like the ATO JobKeeper ruling for employers which obviously my previous employer chose to ignore by leaving me out - will God punish him for doing the wrong thing? Possibly not as an individual but maybe the ATO will ie "He shall be audited".

I just popped my 2 loads of laundry into the industrial washing machines downstairs and am now catching up on my blog and watching the food channel.

Just opened the packet of Arnotts Iced VoVo Lamington biscuits and ate 1 or 2. Why does it taste the same as those awful Chocolate Mudcake Shortbread except with coconut. I get this artifical ( predictive text is coming up with one of the word suggestions of "awful" and it's not wrong!) chemical after taste. I must write to Arnotts about it. I think they should stick to their original cream short bread and original iced VoVos . I'll stick to buying their plain dark chocolate Tim Tams. I am unsure of what's happening with Arnott's biscuits they are still made in Australia but are owned by an American company. The packets of biscuits are smaller, the range has changed and I suspect the original recipes have changed as their biscuit don't taste anything like they did years ago. Cost cutting perhaps? I'm sure an Iced VoVo biscuit was twice the size when I used to have them on the odd occasion as a kid. You can't even distinguish the jam stripe from the icing on the biscuit - it's covered in coconut! At $3 a packet - save your spare change or buy 1 or 2 packets of plain dark chocolate Tim Tams (also by Arnotts) instead.  Rating : a generous 4/10 for both new Arnott biscuits.

I probably won't be venturing out today. It's still horrible outside although I am tempted to take a walk down to Lane Cove for a stroll around to the new Aldi and to the existing Woolworths as well and to see if the new Coles is open yet. I think should be close to opening or already open.

Maybe later after my laundry is washed and dried completely. It takes ages to dry stuff - up to 2 hours sometimes.

I tried to lodge a complaint to the telecommunication ombudsman re Telstra billing complaint still unresolved  but had to abandon my complaint as my phone kept hanging. I also have to lodge a complaint to Australia Post regarding my mail being returned to my mail box instead of being sent to the recipient. This happening far too often and my mail maybe going missing again I suspect.

My clothes took 2 hours to dry and were still a bit damp in spots when I pull them out. I folded all my clothes as I took my clothes out of the dryer to save time. By the time I finished my laundry which took a total of 3 hours, it was too late in the afternoon to venture out and it was still grey but not wet.

I vaccum the floor. Make myself some green tea.

I watch some more YouTube and made myself a quick oven roasted salmon fillet whilst watching the Food channel.

8 pm almost bed time. There is no Masterchef episodes until next Sunday which is semi finals night.

Before going to sleep I applied for some random metchandising job on Indeed online after scrolling through it for Creative Marketing Pty Ltd I think it was. It's another recruitment company  so I don't expect any response from them. Still actively searching for employment but not to the intensity of 1 job application per every weekday.

Thursday 16th July 2020
How annoying my smoke detector goes off randomly for no reason at 1.30 am in the morning. There is nothing turned on in my apartment not even my oil heater but the apartment just felt a  little warm. So I am awake. I opened my front door slightly to try and deactivate it but knew this would not do much . I can't actually reach the smoke detector and the only thing I could find that was long enough to reach it was my mop.  I grabbed it and poked the mop's stick up against the smoke detector (which was flashing a red light ans screeching loudly waking some of my neighbours up) and held it up pressing against the smoke detector to deactivate it. At least I knew how to do this otherwise I would have been in big trouble. Not all smoke detectors can be quickly deactivated this way. I sent an email to the landlord about how annoying this was and about my dead ceiling fan which needs new batteries and the dark hall way outside my apartment with a flickering light. I hate hallway lights that don't work - last apartment I lived in it was the same situation - all the other hallway lights worked except the one outside my apartment. I want to know whose responsibility it is to replace batteries. The hallway light should be the landlords the fan probably mine and the smoke detector I thought they were suppose to have an annual inspection to ensure they work. I don't own a ladder therefore can't change the battery in it not that I know how to in this one which is really small.

I'm still awake and it's 2.30 pm. I think there way have been an accident further up towards Chatswood as I saw a tow truck and a traffic diversion vehicle pass by out the front as well as seeing and hearing sirens . It could be just night roadworks and the sirens were for another emergency. Thank goodness it wasn't due to my smoke detector randomly going off causing a false alarm and a firetruck or two showing up outside in the early hours of the morning.

Trying to go back to sleep. I just hope the smoke detector does not go off again. I wonder if that's why other smoke detectors in the apartment block have been going off recently.

I had a really bad sleep with nightmares  and slept in until 8 am because I was so tired from tossing and turning. It was freezing last night and into the morning! The sun is out today. I feel like going out but unsure with this second wave of Corona virus clusters around Sydney's suburbs.

Still no correspondence from anyone important e.g. volunteering work or Myer. I wonder if I have a tech problem or I've just been forgotten. I sent an email again to HRsystems as I have no idea if my Kronos app and Metrics is working as it came up with a server lag message and I can't see anything scheduled on my kronos app except that I've punched in and punched out at my orientation session ( which was already on there)  and it looks like I have completed my training. There is nothing coming up in scheduled  - in fact nothing is working on the app except change password. Without the metrics working I can't see any communications appearing. So complicated and again I don't even know if I am actually being employed by the company - do I actually even get paid for completing the compulsory online training and attending the compulsory safety orientation session? I have no idea. I logged back into metrics and still have no idea how it all works. The system is so complicated and looks very different to what I saw on someone else's  Iphone back at the safety orientation session ( because I could not get it to work on my phone at the orientation session). I'll check it on a daily basis however if I don't hear whether my application for employment has progressed I will stop checking.

Caught up with some YouTube this morning breakfast of rolled oats blueberries and lemon yoghart with a glass of hot water ( because it's so cold) and 2 wholemeal tomato cream cheese and vegemite sandwiches.

I'm currently reheating my chicken and vegetable soup from yesterday to which I added broken pieces of lasagne sheets I found in my pantry ( waste nothing) fennel seeds ground cumin ground turmeric and leafy greens.


Lunch time what should I eat? Meat loaf maybe I'll have to make it from scratch though and I should check on my Nanaimo Bars in the fridge which still needs a layer of chocolate. Ooops I left off my blog that somewhere in between I did manage to make a custard layer and pour it over my solidified chocolate base in the fridge waiting to be set.


Oh no my custard is not setting after hours in the fridgr. I spooned it off the solid chocolate layer and will remake it but this time in a more concentrated form. I actually ate the runny custard. Not a good idea it made me sick as it was full of cream - lactose intolerance binge!

Just heard back from my job application - ok it has progressed a little further. That's all I know the manager just wanted to confirm that I had completed my online training which I definitely have. Another step closer to casual employment - just found out after advising her that I had completed all steps - online training attended safety orientation session downloaded Promos app and metrics.


Friday 17th July 2020
Awake at 1 am can't sleep. Catching up on my blog and fixing all my typos and grammar or trying to.

Checked the analytics of my blog and nice to see readers from new countries pop up.

Going back to sleep after a toliets break & midnight snack.


First thing to do today- pay bills, they just don't stop coming in!


Slept in until 7.30 am this morning. Watched some YouTube  and should start thinking about breakfast and venturing out although it is not the best of days. Maybe a cautious trip into the city. It does look cold windy and grey outside but no rain yet.

I have only paid one bill, cooked a hot breakfast, watched a bit of YouTube as well as check emails and changed the bin's garbage bags and it's already 11.30 am!

At this stage I may not even get to the city!
OK I have been working on a bit of a design pattern which took up some of my time which I thinking about turning into something. 2nd bill now also paid.

Was planning to go out today but the maintenance man decided to ring and drop by around lunch time to fix my smoke detector, flickering hall light and ceiling fan. Ceiling fan is fixed as I had the spare AAA batteries however the smoke detector can't be fixed and neither could the hall light. The maintenance guy could not change the oyster light in the hall as he did not keep spares for it and he could not figure out why the smoke detector went off. It could be a battery problem but unfortunately it is a hardwired smoke detector where the battery can't be changed and when he tested it it seemed to be working fine. He said he would have to return. I advised him that I won't be available next week. I just hope the smoke detector does not go off again in the middle of the night! By the time he left it was a little late to go out. I wore a mask while he was here and vacuumed the floor after he left and sprayed my apartment with Glen 20 - take no risks!!!!! He was at least 1.5 meters away but was here way over the 15 minute limit therefore I had to take precautions. I left him to let himself out of the apartment block.

I am about to have a shower and at least take the rubbish out. I need to get out for a bit.

The only place I'll be going today is to take the rubbish out. I was having a shower with the bathroom exhaust fan on and at 2.45 pm today my smoke detector went off yet again! What now I can't even have a shower? I ran out of the shower dripping wet and  got my mop handle out from the back of it's crevice where it is stored and reached up with it to deactivate it. What happens if it randomly goes off again late tonight or even worse when I am out as noone will have access to my apartment to deactivate it???? I had to continue my shower with the bathroom door closed which I hate as it gets a little steamy in there even with the exhaust fan on. I am leaving the exhaust fan  on and it's been running for about an hour now. There is no steam or heat in the apartment and I don't even have my mini oil heater on ( it's so small it only generates enough heat to warm my feet on max - it's nowhere near big enough for heating up the smallest studio apartment). I have emailed the landlord again.

Checked my emails and Fine Foods Australia is not on in September this year. The decision was made last week not to run it as it is Melbourne's turn this year to host it and given they are in stage 3 partial lockdown a second time due to a new wave of Corona virus it is probably for the best. So my attendance of trade shows this year and possibly into 2021 is pretty lean.

4.15 pm and I still have the bathroom exhaust fan running. The apartment is freezing now. Time to turn it off and take the rubbish out!

Mask on, rubbish out and I decide to take a walk to down to Lanecove to the new Aldi and Coles in The Canopy. I start with some grocery shopping at Aldi then continue to Coles ( which is now open) . I buy a whole heap of Australian made candy and biscuits to hopefully send to America. There are a few that are new products I actually haven't tried myself so hopefully they taste ok.

What did I buy to send? Murray River Salted caramel Tim Tams - not quite NSW but closest to where I reside, Caramello Koalas a classic I grew up with and always take overseas with me, Naturals tropical fruit jellies because they are a new product and on special and another classic I grew up with ( along with the chocolate cigarettes and candy cigarettes which looked very convincingly realistic in the 70's & 80's now difficult to find) Wizz Fizz or Sherbets which the original packaging back in the 70's and 80's looked convincingly like packets of unidentified "white powder" and I don't mean icing or confectionery sugar either - I believe Wizz Fizz do contain citric acid of some sort as they have a sour note to them so they can produce a chemical reaction - a little different to pop rocks another classic candy. These days Wizz Fizz are clearly labelled but  what's written on the back of their packaging should not be over interpreted.

I also made a $2 donation for some Coles charity. It is really dark by the time I emerged from Coles. It is also raining very lightly but the  new play area and landscaped garden in The Canopy is so beautiful at night. Great for a night stroll as it is surround by cafes and restaurants. There is a kids playground complete with a jumping area with flashing coloured lighting.

I just had to take some photos from The Canopy as sunset turns to night. Photos below


The Canopy outdoor area at sunset



My first visit to the new Aldi and Coles underground at The Canopy with lifts and travelators to the carparks below. Every supermarket has to have a liquor store attached to it - I didn't go in to look at what this one stocked though. The new Coles is quite large in size and has a really big bakery as well as every grocery item imaginable! If you need something you are very likely to find it at this brand new Coles  supermarket eg I found chocolate top marshmallows - not chocolate coated white vanilla mashmellows  but  mashmellows tgat were half brown half white in colour and half vanilla half chocolate in flavour as well as heaps of the Australian made 4 flavoured ones I like.




Night time at The Canopy - if you look closely you will see kids jumping in the background and as they jump there are coloured lights that flicker up and down where they are. Nice green area to walk through with fido however no fidos allowed in foyer area outside of Coles, Aldi & Liquorland underground. I can't wait until the whole area around The Canopy is fully open , it will be a whole new eating and shopping precinct to walk around and explore especially during the Summer.

I'm out & about and I get a text message asking if the maintenance guy could come in tomorrow and install a new smoke detector. No he can't but OK for Monday was my response. Did not hear back. I can't waste my Saturday waiting around for him to install a new smoke detector - it could take hours particularly when it's hardwired. I was planning to make the most of my Saturday since my Sunday has already been preorganised for the delivery of my Ikea mattress  and they deliver within a 4 hour time frame so that's half of my Sunday gone already waiting for the delivery person to arrive with my Ikea mattress. I then have to open it up and let it fully "inflate" as it is one of those compressed foam mattresses that needs 24 - 48 hours before it's ready to sleep on similar to a mattress in a box except without springs - I didn't purchase a sprung mattress as it's double the weight and when I have to move in the future it will be too difficult for me to re compress the mattress to take the mattress with me or dispose of it ( I think once it's out of tge roll or box you can't can't actually compress it to fit back in again). It's meant to be a foam double mattress - 10 kg in weight but taller then me at 160 cm. Too difficult to carry on public transport but easy enough to drag up or down a set of stairs and fit through a narrow hallway - I hope ( I have seen it and picked it up mysrlf before purchasing it). I didn't want the delivery of my mattress at the same time as the installation of a new smoke detector hence I didn't say OK for installation on Sunday.

I get home unpack my groceries watch a bit of YouTube and the Food channel and go to sleep hoping the smoke detector won't go off again during the night!

Saturday 18th July 2020
It was such a beauriful morning this morning when I woke up now at 9.30 am it's become totally overcast. I had planned to go out today and was thinking whale watching but when I looked online all tours for Saturday & Sunday were sold out. I was thinking tuesday would be a good day to go. The forecast is mostly sunny and there is still good availability. It is a little expensive but I have never been on a whale watching tour before. Will have to have another look  at which company to go with before booking.


Finally left the apartment ( after a shower and the smoke detector not going off  again)  and it's taken me forever to hop on a bus to the city as there is track work in all directions on the Northern train lines ( Northshore & Metroline) therefore i had to wait for a 340 bus from Chatswood  towards Wynyard .

I plan to walk to Circular Quay and inquire about a whale watching  tour for Tuesday. Hopefully I will find something not to expensive.


Arrived at Circular Quay and all the Whale Watching Concession booths were shut therefore I could not enquire to individual companies as to what each whale watching tour offered. I was aiming for the rather expensive whale watching only 3 hour cruise through Fantasea but their booth was one of several that was closed so I booked through the tourist information concession booth that was open and manned by a single person. There were 2 companies  that offered whale watching tours through them one was $97 per person and the other offered the 4 hour lunch and whale watching tour for $49.50 or the 2.45 hour whale watching only tour for a lot more. I didn't really want to go on  a lunch included whale watching tour as I just wanted to see the whales but was told the lunch included tour was on special at the moment and the same as the 2.45 hour whale watching tour that departed at 1.30 pm instead of 12.15 pm but more expensive. So too late it's now booked for Tuesday 21st July departing from the Eastern Pontoon Circular quay at 12.15 pm . I won't eat lunch,  will wear a mask and sit or stand outside on the deck whenever possible to get as much fresh air as possibly -  natural cross ventilation extremely important to minimise the spread of the Corona virus. I hate air conditioning and being indoors for long periods of time. Now to find a selfie stick or cheap waterproof camera - my phone is too risky to take pbotos with out on open waters , I need something stable to photograph or take videos with.

I should head off now. It's already 1.30 pm.

Circular Quay East Pontoon just chilling out & blogging.






First bad luck sign of today. I had my backpack slightly open unzipped and a seagull pooped into it. It must have had a good aim or just lucky. I cleaned it up with a wet wipe antibacterial spray and a tissue . Yuk need to find the closest bathroom to wash my hands.

Done onto my next stop Woolworths Townhall to top up my Opal card and grab something to eat - a Chikko roll ( I grew up eating these but don't ask what's in them refer one of  my previous blogs - I rarely eat them as they are probably not good for you and still $2.50 a roll!) as well as some bread rolls.

Onto broadway shopping centre to get a selfie stick - no luck at The Reject shop before heading to Kmart to get some ideas to decorate and create more storage solutions for the studio apartment.

It's going to be a busy week. Stuff to do on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday so far.

Sorry my blog keeps crashing again.

Tonight it will be a freshly made peri peri chicken and vegetable pizza from Woolworths  Metro and some fruit as i am not going anywhere on a Saturday night. It will be tv and a bit of YouTube and sleep.

Can't wait to finally get my mattress from ikea delivered tomorrow - no more sleeping scrunched up on the floor!!!!!


Sunday 19th July 2020
End of another week of unemployment - list count of how long I have been unemployed now but life goes on until the JobSeeker payments return to the minimum and my private health insurance waiver runs out.

Still no response from Gumtree "Andy" so I can safely assume that he was another scam. Must amend my Gumtree advertisement. Speaking of which a message just popped up to advise me that my Gumtree advertisement expires soon as i am typing this blog. Coincident or is someone watching my every move on my phone? I would not be surprised if my moves are being watched 24/7 after all Facebook Gmail Chrome Google every cyber tech organisation possible is watching my every move - they know where I go - they know how I travel - they know what I buy  and who I buy from and they know who I contact! I'm sure they were even responsible for and even found a way to remotely and randomly activate my smoke detector!!!!!

Watched YouTube and the Food channel and after receiving txt messages from IKEA that my mattress will be delivered between 11 am and 3 pm today - I wait.

Just as well I don't need to go anywhere today although a trip to IKEA , Target,  Big W & Kmart would be nice to find storage solutions.

The delivery guy finally arrived at 1.50 pm which means I wasted most of today waiting for him to delivery my mattress. When I got it and finally cut all the plastic off from around it, I set it up. The mattress was a bit too wide to fit into the wall crevice so there is a gap between my mattress and the wall. I first kept the two sections of the mattress together and opened it up as if it were a couch but didn't like it as it didn't sit up right. I then unzipped the two parts of the mattress and propped the shorter half up against the wall and the other half on the floor but it still wasn't right. I also tried to fold the mattress down the seam where the zip is with the narrower section on top and laid on it. I can always fill in the gaap with cushions or pillows propped up but it was too narrow to sleep on so finally I unzipped the 2 sections of the mattress and stacked the narrower mattress beneath the wider mattress which will give it 20 cm height from the floor and have a proper single bed dimensions. I still have the gap problem from the crevice along the wall so I am going to get some large pillows or cushions or even a body pillow if it fits and that will fill in the gap along the wall where I have the crevice problem. I don't want stuff to fall into the gap or worse roll over into it at night. I could find a divider screen to place in the space bit it would have to be quite narrow in the legs or I could get a double bed bedhead but I don't want to stuff to dispose ofc if or when I have to move. Pillows and cushions I can always take with me and reuse if not dispose of.

I had a late shower which again set my smoke detector off a third time. I ran out of the shower again soaking wet to deactivate it and turned on my ceiling fan on high. So annoying. Strange that my kettle's steam generated does not seem to activate the smoke detector and it is very close to it.

A bit more YouTube and Masterchef is on tonight so I will be wtching that.I watched some intetesting cooking shows on the Food chsnnel today but most of the programs are repeats.

Sleep early tonight as 7 am tomorrow morning the maintenance guy is coming to install a new smoke detector.





No comments:

Post a Comment