Sunday 19 July 2020

Monday 20th - Sunday 26th July 2020 - Week 18 of Unemployment & Signs of A Bad Week To Come

Monday 20th July 2020
I had to make myself wake up early this morning but still slept in until 6.30 am. Such a beautiful day outside today but I can't leave because I have to wait for the maintenance men to arrive and finish before I can venture out.

The maintenance men arrive before 7 am to "fix" my smoke detector. They can't change the battery on it because it is hardwired so have to replace it with a completely new smoke detector. From the start it looks like they are going to be here for a long time! They replaced the flickering outside oyster light in the hallway and have now removed the old smoke detector completely out of the ceiling but they can't seem to locate the power wire to it and have to find then open the manhole in the hallway and they also dismantled the ceiling fan in the apartment before screwing it back in. I am hoping it doesn't fall on me or not function anymore after they played around with it. I am a little worried about it now. After drilling holes in the ceiling of the apartment they have managed to install a new larger smoke detector but the job is far from done. I just hope it doesn't go off as soon as they leave. It does need to be tested as well ( they didn't do this either but I'm not going to say anything). Such a small job which has turned out to be a big problem. I have to rewash all my plates, bowls, pots, pans and cutlery on my bench top - basically everything on the benchtop & my table/desk due to the drilling leaving droppings everywhere over my benchtop, desk, floor, bins, oven and my 2 storage ottamans. I have to empty my kettle clean it out and refill it too because of what may have dropped into it from the ceiling drillings. I won't be going anywhere today as it will be a clean up day starting with a thorough vacuum. I am locked in as well as their ladder is blocking the entrance and hallway. The had to climb up into the manhole into the roof. I can see that I will have to do a vaccum as there is white stuff on the floor of the apartment from the drilling. I don't think they have figured out the wiring yet. Oh no my freshly made tea I left on my desk - can't drink it now stuff has probably fallen into it. Another redo job.

They must have had a tight schedule, they left at 7.30 am exactly after cleaning up the hallway after fiddling with the manhole to the roof.

I have the blind down and the apartment is so warm. The sun is shining really brightly - I hope the heat in my apartment from the sun does not set the smoke detector off!

After vaccuming the floor of my apartment including my cow rug ( which I rearranged to fit better), I dismantle my new bed made from mattresses and topped with my memory foam mattress topper forming a create your own lounge. I changed the sheets which I am substituting with a quilt cover as to cover the entire gel mattress topper and used extra pillows to fill in the gap between the wall crevice and mattress until I can find  suitable cushions, pillows or item to fit perfectly along the gap.

I still have to do laundry, wash & dry stuff before putting them away and have a shower ( that will be interesting to see if it sets the smoke detector off again) .

I'm feeling so tired so am having a bit of a nap whilst the foid channel is on in the background. Some intetesting programs on.

Lunch time  and I've just woken up. That was a good 2 hour nap. after so much morning activity.

Must stay awake tonight as it is suppose to be the grand final of Masterchef.

I need to final a side table or small locker hopefully small and light enough for me to carry home on public transport locally. Will spend the afternoon looking online for one or two.

Also prepare for tomorrows little whale watching tour. I hope the weather will be good . If it's anything like today it should be a great afternoon out on the water and I do hope we see some whales - I will be disappointed if it's all just about the lunch which I'm not even interested in.

Sorry my blog crashed yet again.

I managed to stay up and watch the entire grand finale episode of Mastercheft and the entire episode of "Have You Been Paying Attention?"

By the time I fell asleep it was 10.30 pm and so far my  new smoke detector has not gone off and the little green indicator light is on and not flashing at me. The real test will be when I have a shower tomorrow morning.

My newly created bed is so warm and comfy although it is only a single bed I don't have to scrunch up on the floor anymore as it is 200 cm long instead of 180 cm. I'm quite short but still find it uncomfortable to sleep on a shorter bed.

Tuesday 21st July 2020
I wake up around 6 am and organise myself for my little whale watching tour today. I didn't mention it but I was feeling quite sick yesterday. My allergies are quite severe. I have ezcema covering my face entire neck shoulders and hands. I am also lactose intolerant so had a very bad time most of yesterday afternoon. Antihistamines aren't working but antihistamine cream and cortesone cream is sort of working.I am going through buckets of moisturiser as well. All this handwashing with soap and hand sanitiser as well as antibacterial wipes and sprays is not good on my skin.

My blog crashed again.

It's 11 am and I just made a quick stop off to find a cheap selfie stick. It only cost me $8 but it grips my phone quite well so hopefully it will do the job and hold my phone steady for photos and videos today. I do not trust myself taking photos with just my phone in hand on any sea vessel or at heights!!!!

Gee thanks for crashing blog!!!! I just got on the wrong train and had to get off at the next closest stop and go back in the opposite direction!


Just tested it's selfie button and grip out. Photo below

Milsons Point Train Station


11.30 am I arrive at Circular Quay and a quick toliet stop before making my way towards the Eastern Pontoon. There is already a small queue of people waiting to go on this lunch & whale watching tour.  I join the queue and get my name marked off. The reservation officer asks if anyone is from Victoria. No one so far has put their hand up. Next is a temperature check, pink wrist band and advice on seasickness tablets - apparently the natural ginger ones don't work. Well that's all I have so hopefully they will be ok as I used them for the Bruny Island Adventure tours ( refer previous blogs) and boy were they rough boat trips around the most Southern points of Tasmania (although I did sit at the rear of the boat)!!!! A  lady behind me offered me some of her sea sickness tablets as she had spares which was nice of her. I'm more worried about my lunch not agreeing with me!

12 noon and it is an absolutely beautiful day in the harbour!!!! 15 minutes to go before we board the sea vessel to take us out onto the ocean. So excited but also a bit worried about how I am going to feel on a 4 hour long tour - I hope there are toliets on board. I chew on my first few ginger gummy travellers aids and my trusty mask is on and it will stay on ( unless I throw up)  !!!! I am so worried that I will contract the Corona virus especially so close to a rather important date on Thursday but then again I could have contracted it from the 2 maintenance guys who installed my new smoke detector yesterday and not know it - who knows where they have been?

I wonder if there is wifi on board the "boat"?Nope! Just tried.

Sorry it's 5 pm and my blog just crashed AGAIN so I will finish my blog once I get home - or try to anyway depending on if I am feeling ok.

OK let's try again. ( I lost quite a lot of what I wrote in this week's blog as it has been crashing a lot more so I may have missed a few details)

My trusty mask on I board the "boat" along with everyone else at the scheduled time of 12.15 pm. On the "boat" we are given a haphazardly organised "In case of an unlikely emergency" safety talk and demonstration of how to put on a life jacket before departing the Eastern Pontoon. There are 2 levels on the "boat" upper deck and lower main deck. People rush to the upper deck to find a spot only to be slightly disadvantaged when it came to lunch ( and the rest rooms which were located below the main deck). We were advised to used the rest rooms now or upon returning to the harbour towards the end of the tour as it can be very rough down there near the front of the boat.

We were advised that lunch had to be served within 20 - 30 minutes ie before we leave the sheltered harbour of Sydney and head out into the open sea.

I mentioned previously that I wasn't interested in lunch and just wanted to whale watch. I cautiously selected a very small amount of roasted potato cubes and was plonked a huge serving of mainated lemon chicken when I didn't really want that much. I avoided the slaw, rice noodles, bread roll, sausages and green salad although they looked delicious and thank goodness I did although I should have grabbed a bread roll and potatos and avoided the protein. We were warned not to eat too much in case it did not agree with our tummies.

OK so I was feeling fine after lunch eating the small portion of diced roasted potatos and marinated lemon chicken and REALLY slowly in small bites.

After finishing lunch I went out and sat right on the front deck of the "boat" outside ( which were were advised mot to do until the "boat"  had left the Eastern Pntoon for safety reasons) and I was fine for an hour or so laughing and screaming as the oceans waves pounded against the "boat" as we left the sheltered harbour of Sydney.  I was enjoying the rough wild ocean and did not feel sea sick at all. I had taken my ginger travellers aid although these are not guaranteed to work. There were others out front seated next to me and they were all covered up head to toe and there was also a little boy with only a hoodie on by himself. I could see him standing there freezing as we left the sheltered harbour of Sydney into the rough ocean - his teeth were chattering and I could see goose bumps on his skin - he was cold but still wanted to stand up closer to the front of the boat instead of stay seated on the benches similar to the "Titanic " scene except without a partner and his arms out. He stood there holding onto the boat's railing while the waves pounded the boat. He was happy there until we hit a rough patch and a large wave knocked him with a splash of water giving him a shock and leaving him a but rattled. Shaking and cold, I could see the little boy had become a little unstable on his footing so reached out my arm offering my hand for him to grab and return to the stability and safety of the bench. I was wondering where his mother was and why he was allowed to be on his own outside but I think his mother was keeping an eye on him from inside the "boat" as she came outside and collected him to go back inside soon after she saw what happened. We were all holding onto to whatever we could find such as the slats of the benches we were sitting on really tightly. The sea was getting wilder and the waves larger but I was still feeling fine even videoing the rough ride from the bench outside the front of the boat. I even managed to photograph the largest and very first albatross that flew by - no whale sightings still but quite a few different albatrosses flew by ( not the best photo as I still had to hold on tight as the "boat" sped up into the ever wild open sea.)

I now have to apologise to all my readers that I actually didn't take any photos or videos of the whales or dolphins at all and will go on to explain why. I did see 2 lots of "blow" whales in the distance and that was about all. I wish I had my binoculars with me. It wasn't the best whale watching tour with several false sightings during the 2 - 3 hours out at sea but there were North and South migrating whales and everyone crammed outside to the front of the boat to get a glimpse of them. I only spotted the 2 sightings of whales from the side back of the boat. The commentary was good throughout but maybe a little too much information for some.

Now to explain why I do not have any videos or photos of the whales I saw. After the little boy's encounter with that wave over the boat. I was still feeling fine until an enormous wave came over the front of the boat soaking my entire lower half of my body and my entire back pack causing me and the 2 other passengers seated on the bench next to me to scream and run to the other side of the boat. I remained outside and tried to move to the other side of the boat soaking wet and cold ( you know that uncomfortable feeling you have when you it rains heavily and someone in their car gutter splashes you from in front or behind when you are standing at a bus stop or median strip? - refer my previous blog) however as soon as the boat slowed down a little I started feeling sick and rushed back inside thinking i would feel better but I became sicker and sicker and could not stop throwing up. I kept walking down to the back of the boat to grab sick bags and taking ginger gummies in between but they weren't working. I haven't thrown up in over 3 decades and didn't think I could but I did and probably emptied out my entire 3 decades of whatever was inside me and not just my lunch. The only time I felt slightly better was when I found a place to lay down and closed my eyes - whenever I hot up or the boat picked up speed I would throw up. I think 50% of the passengers on board were throwing up constantly and this did not help. So much for the " this whale watching tour is suitable for kids" advertised. There were a few very sick kids on board. This whale watching tour was not enjoyable for me and a few others as well. Most of time was spent inside throwing up, lying down or just feeling uncomfortable from my wet clothes - I could not get the acidulated taste of throwing up of my lunch out mind. Tomorrow will be a do nothing rest day as Thursday will be a very important day for me. I am lucky that I managed to see the 2 lots of "blow" whales in between feeling so sick. PS looking at the horizon did not help.

About 4 pm the boat speeds back to the sheltered harbours of Sydney and our guide announces " For those who are feeling sick you should be feeling a bit better in about 15 minutes" There is a continuous commentary of all the headlands  and landmarks around Sydney Harbour. I managed to get up and take a few photos although not that interested as I planned to do a harbour tour on it's own one day and public ferries are also a good economical way of seeing Sydney Harbour.

Back at the Eastern Pontoon Circular Quay on dry land I desparately need a hot drink and something to eat. I was going to purchase a Borocca or Hydrolite to replace the fluids that I had lost but decided on some chocolate protein bars a packet of chips and some ginger & lemon tea.

Home a change of clothes and to bed - so glad that Masterchef ended last night.

It will be an absolutely do nothing day tomorrow except sleep in, laundry, catching up on reading and organising stuff, maybe YouTube watching and the Food channel watching - and of course eating healthy food and drinking lots of hot tea.



HMAS Sydney


The albatross 



Heading out of Sydney Harbour out to the open sea view from outside of front right of boat


More photos of Sydney Harbour surrounds










Although this may look as if we are going on a cruise we were warned that this was not like a cruise right at the start when we boarded the boat - they weren't wrong about that!!!


This blog has crashed yet again.
I give up. I had written a whole long paragraph and before I could finish and safe it - it crashed.  Write something important and it crashes Write something not so important and it doesn't. Really annoying.

The whale watching company encourages  people to return and do another tour as every tour is different In general whales and dolphins migrate Northbound to warmer Queensland waters during late April and August to mate and give birth and Southbound towards Victoria in September and November. 

I  hope to do another whale watching tour tour but be more prepared ( not that I wasn't this time round). Next time I will :

1. purchase and take the proper synthetic seasickness tablets from the pharmacy 30 minutes before boarding instead of relying on the natural ginger gummies which don't work as advised.

2. bring my pair of binoculars which I didn't even think to do for this tour

3. bring a pair of rain pants. I was a little silly and had packed a pair for the above whale watching tour but took them out at the last minute because they were too heavy to carry and I thought I would be ok with just my wool leggings underneath my jeans without them. How wrong I was and how uncomfortable I was the entire tour in my wet jeans and leggings. Bringing an extra rain jacket was a very good decision and is a must on any sea vessel travel.

4. ginger and lemon tea bags to go with my hot water in my thermos bottle

5. book a morning tour without with or without lunch included as long as lunch is after the whale watching tour or book an afternoon whale watching tour without lunch included and maybe look at the duration of the tours and the type of sea vessel the whale watching tour will run out of.

Sorry I have to stop blogging as it crashed yet again. Will catch up on Friday

Wednesday 22nd July 2020
Day off from blogging - refer yesterday's blog. Still recovering from yesterday's adventure.

Preparation and catch up for tomorrow.

Thursday 23rd July 2020
Before this blog crashes again.

Today is a very important day for me.

Today I actually find out if I got the job or not that I applied for back in June and had to complete the online training for and attend the safety orientation session for and down load all their apps etc for. It is only a very casual position and it's just a customer service/ retail position with a normal 3 month probation period but if I am sucessful it will mean that I am finally back in the workforce after 19 weeks of unemployment! This has been the longest time in my life thast I have been unemployed and I will still need unemployment payments as it is not even a stable weekly employment. For every 12 - 13 people there is only 1 job statistics show. You are very lucky if you were able to keep your job as normal during the Corona virus pandemic and lucky to even gain employment after losing your job due to the corona virus pandemic. I was just unlucky to lose my job although I still think it was due to unfair dismissal and the corona virus was just an excuse for the company to permanently terminate my employment - I suspect they will be audited by the ATO since they have breached the JobKeeper "One in All in" rule I keep reading about as one of many employee complaints and cases submitted to the Fair Work and ATO in which employers rorted the system. This job I applied for had about 100 applicants and only 50 of them will be sucessful - let's hope I have been one of the sucessful applicants.

TBC......

My blog didn't crash when I wrote this - I'm surprised maybe it can only crash a certain amount of times in one blog?!


5.30 pm and I guess my readers are wondering if I got the job I applied for about a month ago - yes the one I had to complete the online training, pass the assessment , attend a safety orientation an down load all the 3 apps for.  You will just have to wait and see. On my way home from a paid trial shift of 5 hours 11 am to 4 pm today. Now I wait - just remember it is only a casual position.  I wasn't wearing a mask whilst working today so I am a little worried about contracting the Corona virus eventhough I used hand sanitiser and as soon as I finished work washed my hands twice! My hands felt yukky all day! Ewe as kids used to say.

Before heading home I did a very quick grocery shopping top up at Coles Warringah Mall . I will do a proper shop tomorrow.

It's dark and I still have a way to go before arriving back at Chatswood. Then it is a bus home.

End of another day of my "adventures".

Friday 24th July 2020
Another sleep in day. I did not have a very good sleep last night although it is not forecasted to rain until the weekend I was sneezing scratching coughing my eyes watering and nose running - my allergies are a sign of rain coming. It could have been from also all the hype from my trial shift yesterday and all the information I was bombarded with and the  stress of not meeting the expectations of the prospective employer - Did I do ok on my trial shift? Did I create a good first impression? Did I make too many mistakes? Did I perform to the 80% minimum satifaction metrics required? ( I have not even logged in to to at the metrics app which is supposed to be checked daily - yes yet another requirement by the prospective employer) Was my prospective employer watching my every move? ( for sure there are cameras everywhere) etc So much was buzzing around in my head that I could not sleep.

Woke up at around 7 am and first thing was check my bank account for any signs of my 2019/2020 FY tax return refund ( not presented in my bank account yet!) then pay my bills then complete my fortnightly reporting online to Centrelink however it took me a little longer then previous fortnight as I had to try and access one of the apps we had to download for my job application to find the company's ABN and the gross amount I was paid for atrending the 3 hour safety orientation session and completing the 5 hour online training course and also to confirm the number of hours I "worked" from my payslip only available online from the training app we had to download and which I found out had crashed because the system was so old from some other employees already working for the prospective employer. I then had to log back into Centrelink online and set up and report any income I earned for the last fortnight ( as per above information) to Centrelink. All done and submission receipt # recorded in my diary.

Onto watching a bit of YouTube, the Food channel and breakfast. I had a really good breakfast to make up for hardly eating anything yesterday except some water tea an apple and a few corn chips with some salmon dip - not the best.

I had for breakfast a cup of tumeric manuka honey and ginger and lemon tea as tumeric is suppose to be a good anti inflammatory. It didn't taste too bad. Next was a large bowl of pear orange and yellow kiwi fruit with thick vanilla yoghart, rolled oats, cocao powder coconut powder ground cinnamon and cloves and vanilla. Finally 4 Southern Style oven baked chicken wings and a can of sparkling berry flavoured mineral water ( with absolutely no natural or artifical sugar at all in it). I am still hungry but may snack on a few cashew nuts. I love nuts but only if they are completely raw with no added salt at all and unroasted. Decided on a brownie protein bar full of dark chocolate nuts and puffed grains and a few naughty corn chips ( and only a few as I don't really like this brand or flavour I just purchased) instead.

I still have to do my 2 loads of laundry and take the rubbish out but it can wait. It is so beautiful today but no plans to venture out. So lazy today!

4 pm and still in bed wat hing YouTube videos and just doing nothing - surfing the nst and looking at stuff I need.

I finally took the rubbish out but still have not done my laundry.

I made myself some dinner and am just chilling out. Oh sorry I forgot to tell you  what I made for dinner - oven baked salmon cakes and mini stuffed peppers or capsicums and some Southern fried chicken wings . The chicken wings were store bought but the mini stuffed capsicums and salmon cakes were made from scratch. I really loved my mini stuffed capsicums and have run out so will have to grocery shop for some more mini capsicums. No photos sorry.

I will have a shower and wash my dishes before going to bed.

As I went downstairs to take my rubbish out,  the person that lives in # 2 downstairs closest to the front door of the apartment block has left their room door open and it looked clean. I wonder if someone else has actually moved into that room as the guy that resided there had weights and computer equipment which is now nowhere to be seen and his room usually stank so badly you could smell it all the way from opening the front door up the staircase to the 1st floor. I had to hold my breath everytime I had to do my laundry, take my rubbish out or venture in and out of the apartment block via the front door. He also had they really loud rants usually every early in the morning which woke me up which I haven't been hearing lately nor have I seen him around. I could be wrong as there is still #1B, # 3 on the ground floor vacant and #5, #7 & #8 on my side of the apartment block on the 1st floor still vacant.

Saturday 25th July 2020
It's not even 10 am this morning and I have been up since 5 am going back to sleep until 6am then going back to sleep again until 7 am. I watch some YouTube and Food channel. Breakfast is a peach yoghart and I make myself another ginger and lemon tea with ground tumeric and manuka honey as it seems to be calming my allergies being full of anti inflammatory ingredients.

I had a shower and washed the pots and pans that were directly under where the drilling was last Monday. I cleaned, wiped and rinsed everything on that side of the table that was directly under the smoke detector as I could see power and pieces still on the surface of things which is not good for your health.

I will drink my tea before heading downstairs to do my laundry.

I have been looking online all morning not just for furniture pieces but finding places of interest  to go and things to see and do. I am sure there is quite a lot to see and do but I don't want to risk going too far from my local area as there are still outer suburbs around Sydney that are Corona virus hot spots. Masks maybe mandatory in Victoria but not in NSW eventhough I almost always wear one ( I don't wear one now to take the rubbish out).

It's not the best day today but no rain forecasted until later tonight. It says 100% rain tomorrow so it might be a good day to revisit the Powerhouse Museum as more sections have now reopened up to the public. I also haven't been to see Happy Place at broadway yet - it is a little pricey so I am unsure if it's worth going still. Last time Broadway had something on at their rooftop car park , it was more hype then what it actually was when I showed up to it.

A trip to Ettalong Beach would be nice but there is trackwork on the Northern line again and it is much longer to catch a bus upto Palm Beach Wharf and a private limited service ferry to get there as well as being more expensive ( upto 3 hours total & at least $30 in transport costs - public transport return opal card minimum $4.80 return & the private ferry service between Palm Beach Wharf & Ettalong Beach Wharf is only a 30 minute ride but cost $24.40 return).

2 batches of laundry in the washing machine - time to catch up on my filing and writing. I spot the guy residing in apartment # 2 - he is still there.

I am going to post some mail on Monday and on this 3rd letter i am writing for the vokunteer job I am doing ( the letter I should have posted at the beginning of the week but didn't) I didn't write a sender address on the back of it so it can't get returned to my po box again. Instead I wrote on the back of it

" Note to Australia Post :-
Dear Australia Post, I'm not putting a senders address on my mail anymore because you keep returning my mail to my po box when I am sending it from and to somewhere else!!!!"


F*** Telstra my complaint is still unresolved and I have to yell into my phone for them to hear me!!!!! How can telecommunications companies decide to offer you a plan you agree to then change it mid way  ie in a matter of 2 weeks to another plan advising me tgat the plan I was on no longer exists!!!! Bloody hell! This complaint of Telstra overcharging me has gone on for over 3 months now and it's not even Corona virus related. If I decide to go with a competitor they will have less coverage and will be the same with their plans anyway. Unfortunately you need telecommunication services these days to survive so you can't just create one yourself ( or can you?). The telecommunications industry is one industry I never want to work for!!! I wish my ex bus buddy still worked for telstra - he would know exactly what to do! He's been known after leaving Telstra as an employee to tell them off and advise Telstra that there was such a plan when they would tell him that there wasn't. I was so loud yelling on the phone to Telstra because the person on the other end claimed that he could not hear what I was saying - I hope I didn't disturb everyone in the apartment block.


My blog crashed again.
Anyway I was doing my laundry when I was rudely interrupted by Telstra and my laundry has just dried and I didn't even bother to fold it just dump it all into the laundry bag. It's 2.30 pm and Telstra put me behind my plans so it's now too late to go anywhere except for a local shop.

Lane Cove  Chatswood or Macquarie Shopping Shopping Centre? Can't decide. Mask on of course!

I ended up going to Chatswood first to post letter #3 above at the Australia post Chatswood mail box then for quick grocery shop at Coles after spending quite a bit of time at Target looking for gifts and things I need. Always interesting things at Target probably because I don't visit it very often. I always shop at Kmart - they are owned by the same company.

It was after 5 pm before I headed home by bus and I forgot all about recycling my batteries at Aldi. Will have to do that tomorrow or Monday.

A quick stop and top up of 2 items only at Woolworths Metro. I seem to be shopping more at Coles and Aldi and less at Woolworths because it is smaller and never close to an Aldi or Coles ( the way they are always opening up in locations across from each other and around the same time makes me wonder if they are secretly or one day belong to the same company!) and because Woolworths is almost always more expensive then Coles in general or an Aldi equivalent item eg same packet of Tim Tams at Woolworths cost at the moment almost double as it does at Coles same with a single tub of Chobani yoghart and I can never find what I want at Woolworths. The only items i will buy at Woolworths and not Coles is mini tomatos if available in the cardboard punnet not plastic punnet as they tend to keep better but they were unavailable on this shop again, 3 in 1 kids organics bodywash, shampoo & conditioner as Coles tend not to stock this item, single rolls of paper wrapped toilet paper which is slightly cheaper then the Coles equivalent although I am buying the Coles equivalent as they have been unavailable at Woolworths, Woolworths brand pitted dates as they are much softer then the Coles brand, cheese slices as you can get bulk packets cheaper in upto 48 slices (not readily available though) and finally one of my favourites Salamanca Tasmanian Salmon fillets skin on 4 pkt which is a few dollars cheaper then Coles and a brand that Coles does not stock.

Back home I empty my groceries and have a quick sandwich of cheese and rocket on dark rye bread before watching the Food channel but I forgot to mention in my blog that the past week I have become a little addicted to a very old puzzle book I had in my storage and decided to take home with me - so old it cover and pages have turned that brown spotted colour - the paper is like recycled or blotting paper definitely not the glossy acid proof type we use today in scrapbooks. I do have a new puzzle book that I only use on my travels but this one is really good - it has every type of puzxle imaginable to train your brain. I love it and have been doing a few every night and sometimes during the day.

After completing a few puzzles I go to bed. End of  another day and it started to rained as forecasted tonight.

Sunday 26th July 2020
Today is a miserable day cold, dark and very wet. It rained most of the night into the morning. Cars swish by. I don't think it is a very good day to venture out.

Although I still have no plans I still have a lot of life admin stuff to do which if I focus on will take me all day.

Remember that bag of laundry from yesterday that i just dumped and did not bother to fold as it came out of the dryer - well that has to be ironed, folded and put away. Then there is cleaning - washing the dishes and putting them away, vacuuming  and general cleaning /dusting. There is the filing of my receipts and also prparing the mail to be posted, writing, preparing the recycling, and other stuff.

I also need to clean my fridge out which I do once a week and refill pantry items.

My fridge and pantry are not too bad so I will leave it for today.

Just one of my many grilled breakfasts I make on my days off

It's 6 pm and I have been ironing and folding my laundry. In between doing some more puzzles from my puzzle book as it is taking so long to iron all my laundry. It is very wet cold and dark outside.

After I finish my laundry I might just have a hot shower and wash my dishes then sleep.

It's 9.30 pm and I have almost finished my laundry but still have heaps of stuff to do. It is really awful outside.



Before going to bed it will be a hot tea wash my dishes and a shower.

My hot tea is cold, my laundry is ironed and folded, my dishes washed and I've had a shower (and brushed my teeth  of course). I've finished writing one letter and prepared one package to send but did not finish the other. Time for bed it's past 11.30 pm.

End of another week of unemployment.











No comments:

Post a Comment