Saturday 2 February 2019

Sunday 3rd February 2019 - Year of The Pig 2019 Sydney Luna Festival & Playing Tour Guide Again

Not much usually happens in February - work included.

With work cancelled the day after I landed back in Australia partially due to the heat and not starting work again until next Wednesday , I haven't been doing much except Autumn cleaning.

The action starts happening in March and I need to again start planning but there is one annual event in February I plan to attend and if you are in Sydney over that weekend - feel free to send me a comment if you would like to join me at this event.

Details : Tomato Festival Sydney 2019
Date : Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th February 
Location : Royal Botanic Gardens

This event is an annual event and usually free except for the long lunch which is probably almost sold out by now and some other ticketed events.

I will not be going to the Long Lunch as I am still recovering from all the stuff I tasted overseas.

I will now go back through my blog and look at a annual events and places of interest I would like to attend  again this year or missed or could not attend last year.

Stay tuned!

Just found another event to attend in February and it's probably a one off. TBC.....

And I just found another one which I am attending during daylight today but must return to see it again at night when it is illuminated.

Refer to my Facebook page if you would like to see what I have been upto today playing "tour guide" again.

12 noon lunch @ Grinder Cafe Oxford Street Paddington - Chicken avacado Swiss cheese rocket and capsicum sandwich cut into 4 $10.90. Not my favourite cafe but my little tourist has become a regular there. Rating : 7/10 tiny sit down hole in the wall cafe serving ordinary food - sandwiches salads all day breakfasts cakes tea and coffee nothing too fancy.

After lunch a walk back to the QVB via a stop at Aldi for a cold drink - a bottle of rasberry kombulcha on special $2 a bottle. I can't believe my little tourist from Adelaide has never had a bottle of kombucha- I think she liked it.

Bus 442 from the the back of the QVB to Darling St Balmain. I stop off (after a toliet stop for my little tourist at Gladstone Park  - just one of many!) at work to leave a little note for the manager and Dom  and to say hi to the girls working there.

Next a quick look at the Telstra store clearance stock for a replacement glass screen cover for my phone - none for my model of phone.

Then an ice cream stop - Chandon and strawberry gelato - yes no dairy and real alcohol. I can't eat ice cream but this I just had to try - 1 scoop in a cup not a cone and after a free sample we both decided it was a  must have although my little tourist had a double scoop. $5 a scoop which was a rather large scoop to me and a little too sweet but then I am unuse to eating ice cream. Rating : 9/10 just yum!

Onto our walk down to Balmain East ferry wharf and back on a ferry to Circular Quay via a stop at Luna Park wharf. We didn't get off - too hot.

Arrive at Circular Quay and walked the Eastern and Western  foreshores of Circular Quay to view the giant Luna New Year Lanterns.

My little tourist was getting sunburnt , tired  hungry and she needed a other toilet stop! I really needed to see both sides of the Luna New Year lanterns during the day so pushed on. I suggested she sit in one of the deck chairs in First Fleet Park where a Surf Lifesaving "beach" was set up whilst I take photos of the other lanterns.

After seeing the rest of the lanterns around the Western side of Circular Quay- I decided it was time to head home as it was getting really hot and I needed time to go to Woolworths for a few grocery items.

Although I took many photos of the lanterns and my selfie obsessed little tourist - she isn't the best photographer and had a really bad camera on her phone so there aren't any good photos of me. Even using my brilliant camera on my phone on panoramic she cut off a lot of the lantern displays and the photos are out of focus so I will have to work with what I have.

I will have to return on another night to see the lanterns when they are all lit up. Postscript : no can't be bothered it gets dark far too late 8 pm and it is still daylight! Anyway seen one lantern at night seen them all!

End of another day back in Sydney.


Photos attached below of the

Year of the Pig 2019 
Sydney Luna Festival 
1 - 10 February































Photos of Sydney Harbour on a ferry from Balmain East Wharf - playing tour guide again !





You must taste one of these - Chandon &  Strawberry gelato  - dairy free with real alcohol and fruit









No comments:

Post a Comment