Wednesday 24 July 2019

Monday 22nd July 2019 - 2018/ 2019 FY Tax Return Lodged

After spending days preparing my tax return for the 2018/2019 FY ( yes I prepare my own annual tax returns after all I am a retired "bookkeeper"), I finally lodged it electronically through my tax agent Prime Tax Experts at Bondi Junction.

Each year I make my annual half hour appointment about a month in advance to see my tax agent which I have been using since my early 20s to go through my tax returns I have prepared , discuss, amend if necessary and lodge it.

Half an hour later on Monday 22nd July at 2.30 pm precisely -  I am a few hundred dollars poorer although only temporarily and my tax agent is a few hundred dollars richer (as I have just spent my entire birthday money travelling  to my tax agent and paying him the fee for lodging my tax return) ,  I  am so happy my 2018/2019 FY tax return has now been lodged - "Another one bites the dust"!

I didn't get as much of a refund as I did in the previous year's tax return despite the recent government's tax cut benefit. I gave up going through my diary of my logs of receipts kept for all eligible work deductions - mainly work tools purchased and claimed less of the main tax deductions I normally claim each year. My refund this year was down at least 1K  from last years and next year I will probably end up with no refund unless I change my tax rate back to the no threshold claimed which means the higher rate of tax is to be deducted from my weekly pay.

Apologies to all my readers around the world if I have not been posting anything for the past few weeks. Apart from preparing and lodging my tax return, I have also been busy filling in at work for one of my work collegues as well as cooking and baking because I am constantly hungry - either because it is winter or I have worms probably the former rather then the latter.  I have also been doing a bit of research into interesting places to visit and events to attend - some of which have been put on hold due to upgrade work.

Stayed tuned as I will be attending some more events this weekend and for the rest of this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment