Saturday 6 July 2019

Saturday 6th July 2019 - Metroline & Shopping @ Castle Towers Castle Hill

I have only ever been out to Castle Hill once in my lifetime and it was quite a number of years ago and I was working for community transport. I did not actually get to alight the bus or go into the shopping centre there. We just drove through one of the car parks.

Public transport out to Castle Hill has always been long and slow with bus connections the only way to get out there yet since living in the Northern suburbs I never knew how close Castle Hill actually actually was from where I lived.

Now that there is a direct train (Metroline) from Chatswood Station - Castle Hill is about a 30 minute commute. During the weekdsys there is probably even a direct bus from where I live.

What did I think of Castle Hill's huge and ever expanding Shopping Centre Castle Towers - well I love it because there is no Best & Less or Reject Shop at Chatswood or Macquarie and although there are 2 Aldi 2 Coles, a Woolworths Metro, a Target, a Kmart within walking distance of each other at Chatswood, they are not altogether in the same shopping centre therefore I go to Macquarie Shopping Centre as there is at least an Aldi, Coles,  full Woolworths and a Target all in one shopping complex as well as a Myer and David Jones however no Kmart but there is a Big W which Chatswood is also missing.

At Castle Towers the only thing missing was a Woolworths - Cokes Aldi Target Kmart as well as a Myers and David Jones are all under the same roof. The reject Shop is quite large - my favourite for test and unique products and travel accessories ( selective purchasing one off drops) and the Best & Less is great for basics - my favourite for undergarments.

There is plenty of parking at Castle Towers , great variety of places to eat in and around Castle Towers and is now a major transport hub with buses and train line. The shopping centre has a mix of boutique and chain stores as well as housing a cinema with an essential food court.

The lower ground floor is where the grocery shopping is with a large seafood store, large Coles supermarket and a large independent fresh fruit and vegetable market store.

The lower ground floor when I visited was still under refurbishment and expansion.

An excellent shopping centre - I will definitely be going back! Rating 8/10 - similar to Macquarie Shopping Centre and quite a few other larger shopping centre layouts, it is a spiral design so you can still get lost on what level you are on and which entrance leads to where.

Photos below











No comments:

Post a Comment