Sunday 2 February 2020

Monday 3rd February 2020 - Superbowl On My Day Off

It has been stinking hot since I returned to Sydney. It only started to rain yesterday. So glad I have a day off from work today.

It may be raining today but it is still stinking hot. I am trying to watch the Superbowl. I don't understand it and I'm not really interested in it but it is an annual tradition that I watch it whether I am in Canada or Australia. All I know is there is a rookie Australian in one of the teams and I like to watch the advertisements and half time entertainment.

I need to do stuff but can't be bothered as it is so hot!!!!

It was so hot, I went to have a shower and missed the entire half hour or so of half time entertainment.

Had to catch up with the Superbowl commercials and watch the entire half time entertainment after the Superbowl finished.

So the 49ers lost but some great commercials - some of my favourites would have to be the James Bond verses Daniel Craig one,  Jeep and the Groundhog Day one, the Can't Touch This MC Hammer Cheetos one, Reeces Chocolate Bar Have you Been Living Under A Rock? one, Wallmart Visitors from out of space one and of course the Planter's Goodbye Mr Peanut one ( you can't just kill off Mr Peanut their mascot in an explosion -  that's been around for decades! - maybe it was his time to go because too many kids have peanut or other nut allergies these days which were unheard of back in Mr Peanut's days!) but wait -  a baby Mr Peanut rises from the dead in a post commercial! No Baby Yoda but a Baby Mr Peanut!?

Loved both JLo and Shakira especially when JLo's daughter Emme took the stage to sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment