Thursday 7 January 2021

Monday 18th - Sunday 24th January 2021 - Week 43 Of Under Employment, Thank You For Holding Tina Havelock Stevens , Duba By Erth @ Carriageworks & " I Want To Dance With Somebody" But Not The Whitney Houston Version But The SDC Festival Of Place Zoom Version

Monday 18th January 2021

There is a substantial drop in the number of hours I am working this week and I think this will continue into March. It maybe due to my leave request but it could be also due to all the major Summer sales ending and getting towards the end of Summer into Fall ( Autumn) which is trans- seasonal and nothing really happens during this period except harvest time in regional Australia. Myer does have a stocktake in February sometime though and no one is allowed to take leave and it's all hands on deck.

Myer 11.30 am - 3.30 pm 4 hours only new shift added 7th Jan 2021. Checked Kronos 11th Jan 2021 no changes to shift. Checked Kronos again 15th Jan 2021 not any more - shift changed to 8 am - 4 pm stock only. Checked Kronos again 17th Jan 2021 no changes to shift.

This is the type of thing customers get upto that I spotted ( apart from completely trashing the place and breaking expensive stuff). Photo below

Spotted on one of the Salt & Pepper displays made from the alphabet mugs on a set of shelves near by. 

I just kept putting out stock today. I lost count of what I did today. I just grabbed cages and put stock out. I remember putting out a heap of mixed cages of stock and serving customers at the same time.

On the next 280 bus to Chatswood and a quick shop for dinner/lunch tonight and tomorrow at Woolworths Metro. Again can't be bothered to cook.

So tired, I just went home and prepared my lunch for tomorrow - a mish mash of hummos on a cheese and tomato flavoured croissant, left over peri peri chicken pizza slices, a punnet of blueberries I had in the fridge, a handful of tiny tomatos , 2 chocolate chip cookies and some chive crackers plus a bottle of water.

I at least took my rubbish out to the bins which get collected on Tuesday mornings.

Sleep.

Tuesday 19th January 2021

Day off. Not anymore. New shift added on Kronos 15th Jan 2021 8 am - 4 pm stock again today. Checked Kronos again 17th Jan 2021 no changes to shift

There is not much to do as the dock is empty almost. Stock cages on the dock are reserves to be taken down to reserves.

Actually I took all the boxed and loose MW cutlery out from the bottom of the drawers underneath the MW cutlery display counted labelled and sorted them into bundles in shoe boxes and existing boxes ready for stocktake on 9th February 2021. 

I then did the same to the box of cutlery in reserve and will put them together later with a do not touch sign on them. 

As I went through them ,  there were quite a few mislabeled pieces, which I was wondering how many pieces had been sold under the wrong code & price. Who doesn't know the difference between an entree knife from a table knife and who doesn't know Cosmopolitan cutlery from Madison cutlery? Yes there was a few incorrectly labelled pieces! These have been put aside to be relabelled. I didn't check if prices were incorrect on stock as that should have already been checked previously and not my job as part of the stock take preparations. I am now wondering how much cutler on the display is incorrect as well as this will not be sorted and counted until later.

I didn't put much stock out today or take things to the reserves, I left that to someone else as there was not much stock to put out on the dock.

I did make a note of stuff to bring up from reserves to sell so it does not have to be included in the stocktake - MW Kiwi bowls and Marbleque ranges - all the clearance stock.

I also bought up the lonely box of MW greeting cards from the reserve - there is a truckload of them already in a drawn in front of the beach towels and there is actually a promotion on at the moment of buy any MW product over $9.95 and get a free greetings card - so every team member from Homewares is encouraged to promote this along with joining the Myer One loyalty program and rounding up of purchases to the nearest $ as a donation to the local charity as well as a reminder that plastic bags will now be charged $0.15 per bag as of 1st February 2021 if a customer needs one.

Those empty shoe boxes from the Womens shoes department downstairs sure came in handy for the loose cutlery and I left a little note for team members downstairs to leave me at least 8 instead of taking them to the dock to be compacted.

Home on the next 280 bus to Chatswood and straight home no shopping not even a top up of my Opal card which is getting low. Really tired now. 

Checked my Kronos again. Yet another cancelled shift on Australia day and another shift shortened - so I only have 1.5 shifts the following week not 3 as I originally had. I will have no shifts soon. Aparently February is the worst with work completely drying out.

Must keep searching for a new job. I can't keep doing stock. It's boring and the stress of continuously leaving no later then 6.30 am for an 8 am start and not getting home until past 6 pm is really tiring me out and taking a toll on my health. The constant changes to my shifts and not being able to an anything more the a day ahead is really stressing me out. 

I can't sleep and it's 11 pm. I think my body clock is on Canadian time eventhough I am stuck in Australia. Sine the beginning of Jan 2021 I seem to be getting tired earlier and waking up later eg by 6 pm I am already asleep and by 10 or 12 midnight I am awake but try to go back to sleep. 

I should be in Whistler this week enjoying myself but my apartment remains empty over there. No watching the fireworks from my balcony this year. All because of COVID. Note : I am hoping that the property management company has not illegally rented out my apartment to someone by putting it in the rental pool. I wrote to them advising them under no circumstances are they to rent it out and thst it must remain vacant and that I may not rent it out mysrlf but ask a family member to stay in it instead. When I advised them of this they wanted to charge me a guest fee of $25. I asked them not just "why?" or "what for?" but "even if it's a family member?"I have never heard of this charge before - this title property not a Worldmark timeshare where it's based on points and availability!

Wednesday 20th January 2021

Myer 9.30 am - 5.30 pm 8 hours

What a day. So many returns to process from customers both instore purchases and online.

I won't be surprised if I get a few 5/10s in customer service feedback scores today. Some very rude impatient customers served today. 

I am so tired as I did so much today. I tidied the Robert Gordon Bromley shelves of stock and asked one of the MV stock team members to bring up more stock from the reserves. I then waited for a set of 3 display tables full of Vue stock to be consolidated onto a set of back display tables also full of Vue stock before moving all the clearance stock to that set of 3 display tables. Both done.

There was a whole shelf full of coloured frosted glasses which were faulty ( they are painted glass and the colour came off them) therefore I was told to remove them off the floor and put them into the reserves until they heard feedback from the supplier as to what to do with them. I placed a note on the box of these glasses " DO NOT PUT OUT ONTO FLOOR UNTIL FURTHER ADVICE" as instructed by tge customer srrvice manager. Done.

I emptied all the boxes and shoe boxes full of cutlery from underneath the MW loose cutlery display cupboards that I had counted and packed yesterday into a large box on a trolkey and wheeled it down to the reserves to where the other karge box of counted bundled and box cutlery I had placed there yesterday - all for safe keeping until stocktake with a "Do not touch " label on them. The box was so heavy I needed help from a team member from VM stock to lift it. Done.

So many complicated customer inquiries today - alternative click and collect pick up authorisation, loads of returns, quite a few exchanges and then there were the free M W greeting cards we were trying to get rid of .

Lots of customers still rounding up their purchases to donate to the local charity but no one wanted to sign up for Myer One. I managed to find a few very old Myer One memberships though. 

Besides not getting anywhere with assisting with putting up the final sale signs which end on 26th January 2021, there are still a box of incorrectly labeled  cutlery I found that I have to relabel,   I have to grab more shoe boxes and count more batches of 60 MW greeting cards and I need to relabel a cooler bag with no tag as well as go down to the reserves to find 1 extra black plate to make up 12 plates for a customer. All that and I need to grab the keys and ipads then go to team huddle downstairs 15 minutes before the store opens. I therefore have a few things to do first thing tomorrow morning.

I quickly packed and wrote up 3 online brand partner returns to be taken to the dock and putting all stuff back onto the floor before punching out at 5.45 pm. 

I was so tired and had to wait forever for the next 280 bus back to Chatswood so I decided to do another grocery shop and recharge my Opal card at Woolworths Metro Chatswood before going home on the bus. I think it was 8 pm when I arrived home. I have something to eat and pack my lunch although I get to go home at 4 pm tomorrow. I need to do a proper shop at Aldi and Coles on my way home tomorrow ( late night shopping).

Product review Uncle Tobys Lemon Yoghart Drizzle bar. Photo below

This is not a new product but it was one of the bars Ive been wanting to try. I haven't purchased an Uncle Tobys bars for a very long time not even their other  oat products such as porridge as it is no longer a 100 % Australian  brand and the cereal industry is so competitive now with so many interesting products on the market to choose from - Tasty,  Sam's, Carmans,  Nature Valley,  Nice and Natural,  Kelloggs,  Mother Earth, even weight watchers and all the no  name generic house brands etc etc I rate the above bar Uncle Tobys Lemon Yoghart Drizzle Bar a 8/10. Something I will have to purchase again although not the cheapest box of cereal bars on the market and not on sale at around $4.50 per box 5 bars they are in the middle price range for boxed cereal bars.  What I love about them is no nuts no chocolate ( not every cereal bar I eat has to have chocolate in it although I do like my chocolate preferably dark) which means I don't cough after I eat them. Why do most cereal bars contain peanuts or peanut butter in them combined with almonds or some other nut? I love nuts but peanuts and almonds with their skins on them make me cough and I have a problem with digesting chia seeds which are also popping up in all sorts of products including ceral bars. So another reason I love this oat bar is the lemon flavour which reminds me of the box of Mother Earth or was it Tasty NZ brand oat bars I tried many years ago which were only available in NZ and not exported to Australia. That lemon cheese cake flavour in an oat bar was so yummy. I did miss them. This is close in flavour but with a bit more roughage to it. Chewy and smaller in size but pretty good.


Catch up on my blog YouTube dinner and sleep.

No more work after tomorrow for the rest of this week.

Thursday 21st January 2021

My blog just crashed again and I just lost 2 paragraphs .

Back to what I was writing, I just noticed that all the stats from my blogs from April 2020 have disappeared therefore I cannot look back and see which were my most popular blogs today.

Fortnightly Centrelink income reporting completed and lodged eventhough I have not received any JobSeeker payments for a while now, I continue to report my income online as work has almost dried up from next week.

Rent also paid today.

Myer 10 am - 4 pm 6 hours

Looks like another change in shift start time on Kronos to 9.30 am - 4 pm.

Apologies but my blog crashed yet again therefore starting over.

This new "high" frequency 144 bus service from Chatswood to Manly is worse then before the change as I waited forever with another commuter at the bus stop forever for a 144 bus to arrive. Every other bus was at least twice as frequent to arrive then the 144 bus. At least 2 Hills buses , 2 North Sydney buses , 1 McMahons Point bus and even a 200 bus arrived before a 144 bus arrived!

I had a customer today that took up a third of my day. Asking every posdible question about bedding possible- her poor lite daughter was so bored I hot her a step to sit on. It took ages for her to find sheets for her daughter's king single bed and in the end ended up purchasing a mattress protector and 2 Vue white sheet sets however when it came to paying she tried to pay with a Westfield gift card that kept coming up with unauthorised. She kept asking me why and I asked her if she had spent part of it already. She did not know and there was no way I could check the balance of it as it was not a Myer or Coles Myer gift card. So I asked her to purchase what she had first and directed her to concierge near Big W to check the balance before returning to purchase more linen for hersrlf. I did not want her to take up anymore of my time as there were queues of customers waiting to be served. Not only did she waste my time with payment. I was about to sign her up for Myer One as I could not find her on the system - after much investigation it was discovered ( as she did not have her card with her) she was already in the system based on her email address she gave me however I could not retrieve her card details as she kept giving me her incorrect details. Her surname was incorrect but after 15 minutes, I managed to find her membership details under her maiden name which made sense as it now matched up with her email address. I tried to serve as many customers as posdible in between serving her constantly asking her if she minded if I served other customets who were waiting and asking her to come up to me at the counter when she was ( actually ) ready. Postscript I went to lunch after she paid for purchases but when I returned she was back. A team member asked if I had served her previously. Yes i had. I asked the customer how she went with her Westfield card.  She advised me that it had expired which explained why I could not process the payment with it on the POS system. She wanted me to assist her further with King sheets for herself but also asked me about valances for her king bed. I found her some king sheet sets but had to leave her to look around herself  so I could serve a growing queue of customers again.I had to keep apologising to the next customers waiting in the queue for the delay as this customer kept coming to the counter to me not even ready to pay for her purchase. Really annoying. If you are not ready to pay don't come up to the counter line up like everyone else. The customer ended up after at least 2 hours looking around purchasing a set of king sheets and the cheapest pair of pillows. She brings one of the post expensive dunlopillos up to the counter and asks me what's so special about this pillow and I just told her it a very good pillow then she asked how much it was and ot was around $200 which she decided she did not want and dumped it onto the clearance table. How rude. 

This is getting rediculous my blog crashed yet again and i lost another paragraph. I just wish my blog would stop crashing! Every time I write something it crashes! Unfinished blogs means I have given up and moved on to my next blog not returning to finish a previous blog so apologies to my readers again.

Friday 22nd January 2021

Day off  - note leave not actually requested for today.

I was suppose to go to Melbourne after work today for the weekend as I had booked a ticket to see the Triennial @ the NGV on Sunday 24th January 2021 weeks ago but since I booked the ticket the borders to Victoria have shut to NSW again. Damn COVID!!!!

I will have to try and find something more interesting to attend today. Possibly not ice skating. Saving that for tomorrow perhaps.

Did absolutely nothing today not even venture out it was just too hot.

I took out the rubbish and just ate and watched tv. 

I am still having technical difficulties with the I want to dance with somebody event at 11 am tomorrow so will give it a miss sorry readers. ( problem with their links tgey are supplying me via email none of them work). There is a YouTube of the dance routine that Sydney Dance Company has made with Richard Chili as the instructor. It is not too late to learn and register to participate.

I don't know who reads my blog or watches my Youtube channel but I'm just letting you all know that there was no takers for my one weeks stay in my apartment in Whistler so the apartment remained empty for the week. Maybe nobody could travel during those dates. Oh well another ski season missed.

Saturday 23rd January 2021

Day off leave requested in advance.

Leave requested for today in order to participate in the below event. Let's hope I don't have any technical issues! 

" I want to dance with somebody" performance Sydney Festival virtual event 11 am via Zoom 

Due to ongoing technical difficulties I am having on both my phones (previous links provided aren't working on my original registration email reply at all , I can't reregister & my passwords not working to Sydney Dance Company website and Mindbody app) it is unlikely that I will be joining this virtual event. Apologies to all my readers. 

I finally managed to join the above event via Zoom a little late but was so unprepared and just did the routine near the entrance to the apartment.  It lasted just 15 minutes and I hope I didn't record myself dancing as my hair was a wet mess , I had just had a shower as it is stinking hot here in Sydney and I plonked the phone down where I could ie in the silicon phone holder shaped in a pair of  red high heels on top of my benchtop oven . I did not have any time to adjust the settings or check if it was on mute or recording. I was also walking backwards and forwards in and out of the screen. I tried to take some photos and video of the live stream event as well. At least I managed to attend it. I did managed to take just 2 photos and a very short video of the live stream but it is on my other phone and not very good footage as I did not even have time to turn off my tv which is blaring with the food channel on in the background and drowning out the music to the dance routine on my phone. Done and dusted but not tge most exciting Sydney Festival event attended. Onto the next one or two.

It is even more stinking hot outside but I managed to get to Carriageworks at Redfern and it's almost 3 pm. There is trackwork so it was a bus to Chatswood where I stopped off to return my 8 empty water bottles for recycling in return for 80 cents. Then it was a train from Chatswood to Wynyard only as there is trackwork yet again and another train from Wynyard to Redfern then a 15 minute walk to Carriageworks in the heat! Inside Carriageworks it is still really hot but I can go into the toilets to cool off. I drown a small travel towel I always carry in my backpack with cold water from the bathroom tap and wring it out. I drap this around me which keeps me cool. When not using it I place it in a snaplock bag and pull it out when I need it eg walking back to Redfern Station in the heat. It really works in keeping you cool. If you don't have a towel to drap around you, drown your top in cold water and wear it before stepping out into the heat - they dry really quickly but could stop you from getting heat stroke. 

Apologies my blog crashed yet again. Starting my paragraph I just wrote and lost over.

I sat down at one of the many empty tables to have a drink of water and a  snack of a museli bar I always carry around in my bag. Be prepared as there is nothing much out at carriageworks outside of the Saturday Markets which only run between 8 am and 1 pm on Saturdays except for alcoholic beverages to purchase.

Next available session of Duba is not until 4.20 pm and after checking in and heading to the box office I purchased a ticket to see Duba meaning ground. I saved a myself booking fee of $4.25 which is charged if booked online by turning up earlier and purchasing a ticket directly from the box office at Carriageworks for $20

I apologise I left off another free Sydney Festival art installation I saw also at Carriageworks. I didn't spend long viewing it as it was quote loud. I think I have a short video of it . I will upload it onto YouTube when I find it. Basically it's a hardcore  amped up drumming session projected onto a wall in large format in an  almost sound proof room. Video uploaded onto YouTube. There was a volume warning at the entrance to this art installation. - should have seen Duba first and kept the ear plugs for seeing this art installation afterwards but I had no way of knowing what to expect at either art installations. Unless you want to suffer from hearing loss don't stay too long inside listening to  Tina Havelock Stevens Thank You For Holding.

Photos below






Photos of the exterior of Duba below. Unsure if I can take pbotos inside the tent. The performance is only 30 minutes long and I hope it will cool down by 5 pm as I have to walk back to Redfern station in the heat again.

pretty cool ticket


Queues to enter Duba

This possum is the face of Duba - so tiny and cute!


That's not Bay 19 that's a few tents set up in foyer of carriageworks


Other free and paid events at Carriageworks during the Sydney Festival 2021 most ending on the 24th January 2021

Inside Carriageworks overlooking the Saturday morning markets which were there this morning now empty  & long packed up by 1 pm.

OK no photography or videoing is allowed inside Duba so readers will have to rely on my descriptions of this immersive art installation which is part of the Sydney Festival 2021. At 4.15 pm you social distance yourself for the 4.20 pm session by lining up on the white dots along the floor near the entrance of a series of black tents to see Duba. As soon as you enter the tent there are a series of tables, you are instructed to first grab a pair of earplugs to put on. Next you grab a pair of white cotton gloves to put on and finally you are instructed to grab a black blind fold but not to put it on yet as you wait inside the end of the first black tent. There is no interaction or talking to any of the staff members inside the tents. As soon as it is your turn to walk through the first set of curtains at the end of the first tent, a sign is held up with written instructions to now put your blindfold on and to "trust me". Blind fold on,  ear plugs in and cotton gloves on, you have now lost 3 of your 5 senses - sight, hearing and touch and are now relying on your sense of smell ( be prepared if you have allergies) and taste ( which will not be of any use to you during this immersive art installation). Put your hands out and a guide takes your hands and leads you into a second black tent before you are instructed to take your  blindfold off . Because you have earplugs in I had to be given this instruction twice. Everyone else has earplugs in so even if the guides had to raise their voices only they can hear any instructions loudly. The first thing that hits my senses is the smell - the strong smell of the earth - of naure - of being in the forest. When I take my blindfold off , what I see against the black floor to ceiling back drop are 4 displays and messages projected on one of the back backdrops above. The first perspex display case containing some sort of creature preserved in what looked like a large sealed glass jar full of formaldehyde. The second display is a reproduction of what a piece of our earth would look like if a patch of it was ripped out of the ground and suspended in the air. The plants above the soil and what is underneath it. The third display was another perspex display case of a recreation of a forest floor full of brown stick inspects camouflaged amongst leaves and twigs. The final display was my favourite and the face of Duba - the tiny moving nocturnal possum ( it was tiny - I expected it to be the size of my stuffed brush tail possum but it was the size of a large mountain pygmy possum).  This was so cute and life like. I have never seen such a realistic puppet maneuvered by not one but 2 puppeteers. Every part and movement of this tiny marsupial scurrying up, down and around a fake tree trunk was so realistic , it made you want to get up close and personal with it and even touch it. As soon as this 5 minute "puppet show" was over it was a final brief break to look around this first of 3 sections of Duba before being guided as a group into the next section of Duba through another set of black curtains.Our blind folds are collected prior to the second section of Duba.

The second section of Duba was a contrast to the first. You enter a room with seats ( yes this is a sit down section) arranged in a rectangle ( it wasn't a circle)  and although still dark, there is a night sky projection above and around this room. It is calming , peaceful and beautiful and  you cannot resist looking up at it. However this is just the start of this immersive experience. All seated with your earplugs still in and gloves still on, a guide slowly leads a giant rhino from behind a curtain into the centre of the room. You could tell it was a very old rhino as it was struggling as it walked around. It moved around you really slowly stopping  in front of each of us and looking you in the eye. Then the instinct was to reach out and pat or stroke it's head. Sometimes it got too close to you  and was  playfully " in your face" literally giving you a nudge. I thought I heard it grunt or was it actually fart so let out a laugh. Towards the end it even did a cheeky manoeuvre where it back up and put it's huge backside very close to my face and this made everyone giggle. I just went with the flow and smacked it lightly several times on it's butt. Others next to me did the same. Soon it was moving on and led slowly out of the room via the curtains it came in through.

As we walk into the final tent of Duba which again is floor to ceiling draped in black, we stand gathered in front of a netted off area where there are 4 life sized elephants laying in pairs on the ground ( parent and baby). Our guide is seen sitting very still between the pairs of them behind the net. Before she sits she is seen spraying something into the air from an aerosol and throughout the performance is seen spraying something which activates smoke coming from between the elephants that looks like dry ice. The elephants do not get up off the ground but move ever so slightly as we watch whilst a projection of rain bush fires and drought ravage these elephant habitats around them. The sight and sounds of the projection especially the rain is so realistic as is the story telling. You actually feel for them and their suffering.

The end as we exit Duba. We dispose of our white cotton gloves and ear plugs as we exit into a bucket.

Really enjoyed this immersive experience. 

Rating 8/10 I enjoyed this immersive art installation by Erth. It is very much an adult event and there were very few kids who attended a session of it with their parents. I read that they did something for VIVID at Barangaroo a few years ago which I actually attended. They are known for their giant lifesized and lifelike puppets. Getting out to Carriageworks was a bit of a pain as it was really hot and the closest station to it and a 15 minute walk one way is Redfern which is just outside of Sydney CBD therefore go when there is something else to attend at Carriageworks such as the Saturday markets or another event to see before or afterwards. It is recommended for older kids due to the sensory aspects of it - the haze, slightly unpleasant smell and the compulsory wearing of mask due to COVID regulations for the entire session in addition to wearing ear plugs, gloves and a blind fold. Younger kids might be frightened of the lifesized animals, the animals' movements and their sounds or may be scared of the dark. They may not be able to sit or stand  still through the entire 30 minutes of the session as well or remain quiet throughout. Although I will not be going to it, for younger kids Erth is running in conjunction Badu @ the Australian National Martime Museum located at Darling  Harbour which is all to do with marine life and colourful lantern puppetry so little kids won't miss out. Both shows are on for a short time only as part of the Sydney Festival until Sunday 24th january 2021. Badu is described as follows: 

Duba at Carriageworks is part a two-part project and you can find the companion piece Badu at the Maritime Museum. 

The magic of Erth's visual and physical theatre returns to the museum this summer with their brand new show, Badu. 

Badu by Erth

Journey into the wild wonders of our ocean in an immersive and magical experience with beautiful puppetry and captivating visual effects."

The day is not over yet. I walk back to Redfern Station and it has cooled down a lot more now. I take the train from redfern via the city circle line due to trackwork to Townhall Station and then take the next infrequent  340 bus back to Chstswood . The only direct way back and tg6ank goodness this bus route is not discontinued until Monday as I would have to take the light rail or train to Wynyard then change onto another train back to Chatswood today. 

Back at Chatswood more then an hour later, it is a partial grocery shop at the Woolworths Metro as I could not ne bothered going to Coles in Westfield.  So I purchased some chicken, some spinach, a cos lettuce, a packet of potato chips ( will write about this later), some bacon, some musrli bars that were on sale for $2 ( will write and review this product later), a cold can of sugar free raspberry flavoured mineral water, a packet of mixed herbs and possibly a few other things.

Product review. Photo below 


Not my favourite museli bar brand but 6 bars @ $2 a packet with a few different flavours to choose from I thought why not. The problem is the amount of peanuts there are in these bars. All the flavours had the same amount of peanuts which were at the top of the ingredients list. Now I know I mentioned previously how I hated apricots and peaches in my bars well I took a gamble and chose the only fruit and nut flavoured bar in the Nice and Natural range and what did I think? It was ok -  so no vomit smell or taste probably because it was dipped or was that dripped in chocolate. Not too bad for a cheap museli bar,  one above the generic ( house brand, home brand , no name brand etc )  strawberry ones I tried. I checked the origin which was NZ and not China which gives it an immediate ok for a start. The bars were a bit smaller  in size which is still ok for what I paid for them and the taste, well that was ok too. A little more crunchy then chewy but overall it hit the spot for a snack. Rating 7/10. All I can taste is peanuts and just a hint of apricot . It is meant to be dark chocolate but it tastes and looks nothing like dark chocolate more like milk chocolate especially as the chocolate had formed that waxy whitish coating over it known as a fat bloom rather then a sugar bloom which is common when chocolate is subject to high temperatures and is  common in cheaper chocolate where the cocoa fat separates and crystalises on the surface of the chocolate. Sugar blooms make chocolate taste more gritty or grainy so I don't think it is a sugar bloom forming on this museli bar whereas fat blooms just change the surface texture and colour  usually on  milk chocolate hence my reasoning why I suspect the chocolate coating these museli bars is milk chocolate and not dark chocolate as labelled - dark chocolate especially better quality dark chocolate does not usually form fat or sugar blooms. Also the colour of the dark chocolate is too light to be a dark chocolste unless it has a very high amount of cocoa fat or even worse a substitute fat and i'm not talking compound cooking chocolate either. Would I buy them again? Probably if I was looking for a cheaper alternative. The more expensive a museli bar is the more exotic the flavour and the more quality and diverse ingredients there are in it. Peauts and oats are  realtively cheap fillers in museli bars. Not good for people with peanut or oat allergies.

Next product is not a product I am reviewing nut a product i am going to use in a food experiment at a later date. photo below. I did taste a few chips out of the packet before crushing them up into a fine powder to be used in my food experiment and yes they were good so I rate them 8/10. Not too salty with a nice chive flavour




yep i even checked out the ingredients and nutrient values as well which may be important in my food experiment.

Dinner was my regular spicy burrito with chimy mayo on the side from GG located at Chatswood concourse. It was quite busy so I had to wait about 15 minutes before I received my order this time. No bag taken this time it went straight into my boomerang cloth bag.

Bus home eat & sleep. it is still so hot. 

No laundry tonight.  It can wait as I don't have to go to work much this week.

End of another day.

Sunday 24th January 2021

Day off

Another do nothing day except catch up on my blog. It is so hot outside I don't even dare go out. 2 pm and it's 31 degrees celcius plus! I've got the fan on the tv on and am laying as still as possible in bed. I poured a cup of cold water  over my singlet I am wearing and it's almost dry.

Oh hell I get a text message today from the customer service manager to advise me that my shifts have changed again by the assistant store manager at 3.30 pm ! It's my day off. So I checked Kronos. Shift cancelled ( yep another shift cancelled) on Wednesday now working on Thursday instead. Why not just give me the entire week off LWOP! It's only 1.5 shifts I have this week anyway. Won't even cover my rent - net pay will probably just cover my transport to and from work after tax for the shifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment