Monday 15 February 2021

Monday 15th - Sunday 21st February 2021 - Week 47 Of Under Employment , More Volunteering Opportunities & Anything Else That Pops Up

Monday 15th February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock only new shift added to Kronos 8th February 2021 . Checked Kronos 14th February 2021 no changes to shift.

New announces that it's been 28 days since the last locally acquired case of COVID in NSW which means the virus has been eradicated. No it has not - just because there has been new cases of COVID in NSW it does not mean there are not more deadly strains of the virus floating around from overseas returning travellers who may be carrying the South African or UK strain of the virus. Masks are no longer mandatory except on public transport thank goodness! I am keeping my mask on at all times outside of home not just on public transport but at work as well. You cannot let your guard down. Just look at Perth recently and Melbourne who are in their 3rd lockdown of 5 days which maybe longer. Borders are still closed to Victoria but open cautiously to other states. Also look at NZ who have had the longest period of time without a single case of COVID and now there are a few cases possibly ending the one way travel bubble for NZ to Australia. I say continue to wear a mask everyone. Even with the first vaccines just a few weeks away there is no guarantee you will be immuned against the virus and with my severe allergies I think I will be more likely to react badly to the vaccine rather then be immuned against it.

Other news Trump acquitted twice against impeachment but everyone is still seeking other forms of legal action against him like tax evasion - who cares!

Same s*** at work.

Two guys were on stock at work today with me . I let them do the heavy stuff while I emptied stock from the reserve to put onto the floor to make room for their stock.  I started with Joseph & Joseph stock - there is now no more of this stock in the reserve it is all on the floor.

Lunch by myself at around 2.15 pm. Home at 4 pm. 

Caught the 280 bus to Chatswood which I slept on as I was so tired.  

Tuesday 16th February 2021

Day off 

What did I do today - absolutely nothing. 

Rest & work tomorrow. 

Wednesday 17th February 2021

Myer 10 am - 4 pm new shift added to Kronos 7th February 2021. Checked Kronos 8th February 2021. Rechecked Kronos 14th February 2021 shift cut to 11 am - 4 pm today. 5 hours instead of 6 hours. It takes me upto 4 hours just to get to and from work. Waste of my time.

5 hours on the floor serving. What can I say? Totally brain dead. No Myer One sign ups as nobody wants one. I asked every single customer. I didn't bother asking customers if they wanted to round up their purchases to donate to charity. I did give a customer 2 free MW greetings cards as they purchased 2 dinner sets and some shot glasses in exchange for the return of a clock they received as a gift with no receipt I had to call a manager.

Another customer I served had a gift voucher for $10, the voucher disappeared off their Myet One app however the computer hung in the middle of the transaction so I had to call the manager over again. She processed it for the $20 balance as I would have done and had explained to the customer. The same computer froze again in the afternoon luckily with an price check only and not a real transaction. 

One of my customers I helped I gave the sale to one of the team members I was working with as she was the one who suspended her sale, I just added onto . The customer took a photo of both of us for the survey she will receive so she could give us both good customer feedback scores.

Merchandised new colours of Heritage towels  towards the end of the afternoon which I didn't quite finish.

Found all 24 MW white basics 9 cm sauce bowls to be relabelled due to a price increase from $1.95 each to $2.95 each.

People buying pillows pillows and more pillows as well as beach towels and mattress protectors.

My blog crashed yet again.

Missed the 280 bus back to Chatswood so did a quick shop at Coles before doing another one at Aldi and Coles Local Chatswood.

Product review photo below 


I rate the above product Vege Rice Crackers Sour Cream & Chives Flavou7/10. Tasty but reminds me of prawn crackers. I will stick to their Vege brand sweet potato and/or beetroot chips.

Home & lunch prep for tomorrow. 

Thursday 18th February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock new shift added to Kronos 7th February 2021. Checked Kronos 8th & 14th February 2021 no changes to shift.

I don't know how many cages I emptied onto the floor and into the reserves today but I had a very heavy fully stacked cage stacked so high I could hardly see where I was going except for a peep hole today full of more boxes of Kitchencraft unpriced cake decorating accessories wedged between Robert Gordon boxed ceramic ware. I was wondering where I was going to fit it all. The reserves are full and so is the floor. It's as if Myer Warringah purchased the entire stock off Kitchencraft which I just found out from the MW rep is part of  their range of brands ( under license). This is the first time I've seen both the Salt & Pepper and Maxwell Williams reps together at Myer merchandising their sections at the same time! The Salt & Pepper rep was so keen to speak to the MW rep. They all know each other in the Homewares Tableware & Kitchenware industries- It's all very incestuous.

Today was a bit of fun as I was on with the regular older VM team members " Turbo Tax" and "Vegan" doing stock. 

Cheeky team member I started at Myer with 6 months ago from the Electricals department who is more casual then I am asked me if I was still part of the Homewares team! I did say team members are starting to question why I am not on the floor and doing stock so much - I probably only have almost no brain cells left now! To keep my brain functioning I continue to write this blog, keep up with my YouTube channel which I have neglected lately and do puzzles from my puzzle book. I love how one of the other team members I was working with on Wednesday asks me if I remembered how to do a return on an online order - her online order. She obviously could not do a return on her order herself. Of course I did but we found out that the 2 for one order was exactly that. She purchased 3 t shirts 2 black and one white. The 2 for 1 offer was only on the first 2 t shirts. The 3rd one was charged full price. Then there was her staff discount of 15% on top of that as well. So she returned the 1 black t shirt and kept the white and other bkack t shirt. When I went to process the return I asked which t shirt she wanted to return of the blacks? We returned the one that was charged the most so she got the max refund - totally agreed being an ex accountant mysrlf and and her being an ex bank employee it's all about the $'s isn't it?! Especially at Myer!!!

The range of Kitchencraft cake decorating accessories that all had no prices on them ( a customer did come up and ask me how much a fondant embossing set was and I had to scan it to find out) was not the only problem. There was a random box containing miniature black mussel pots that not only had no prices on them but no barcodes as well! I showed the MW rep and ask ed if they were here and if so why tgey were not barcodes. It took a lot of investigating and even photo taking before it was revealed that they were going into a special clearance  sale to be advertised online for $3.95 each and therefore no barcodes or prices on them and not to be put out onto the floor as they are going to be included in a clearance sake so I wrote a big sign asnd placed the box into the hard reserve until further advised. I think some if not all of the Kitchencraft cake decorating accessories will also ho into that special cleance sale.

So tired I went to bed early today. No stopping at Warringah Mall or Chatswood after work to go shopping. I just missed the 280 bus to Chatswood again as I had to stop off for a toilet break. It's a very long trip home and I often take a nap on the bus.

Friday 19th February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock new shift added to Kronos 7th February 2021. Checked Kronos 8th February 2021 no changes to shift.

2 weeks rent paid in advance.

Centrelink fortnightly reporting due done.

I received a notification that I have to attend an appointment with the Sa ovation Army Employment Plus Service Provider on Friday 26th February from 1 pm - 1.30 pm. They can't just schedule an appointment to suit them, I have to work - how am I expected to attend their appointment when I have to work? 

Just saw in my emails another volunteering opportunity.  If reader have been following my blogs, in my spare time I have been sending gifts and writing letters to an elderly aged care resident living alone in engaged care facility  out in the suburb of Marrickville on a volunteer basis. After my first failed attempt where I write 3 letters to another elderly resident at another aged care facility prior to that one who rejected all contact with me and finally getting a response from my current eldely aged care resident, I may have another aged care resident who would like to converse with me via video conferencing in Cantonese. I hope this works out as I would love to converse with somone in my second language. 

It's 7.20 am and I am on the B Line on my way to work and get a private text message of work instructions from the team leader. 

I already know what I have to do first thing this morning and don't need to be told what to do. 

I had already planned to get the cage out of hard reserve which is filled up with crates of drink bottles and use the empty cage to fill up with glassware to put out onto the floor. Yesterday afternoon I didn't get to do this as we were concentrating on getting as many empty cages as possible out to the dock as there were none left as instructed by the operations manager which was a priority. Glassware restock could wait as it is not super weekend until Saturday. 

It's a brain dead job and I don't really need to be told what has to be done when I am trying to get to work on time and am on my way to work. 

Lunch @ 1.30 pm . Finished  ie punched out at 4 pm on the dot! End of my week thank goodness.

I am so tired. I did a quick shop at Coles Warringah Mall but was unable to find items on my shopping list. Grabbed what I could before catching the 5 pm bus back to Chatswood.

Product review from Coles.

Got to be my favourite chocolate cookie - rating 9/10 just like baking them yourself. Smaller portion sized.  Absolutely delicious . All natural buttery chocolatey goodness! Sweetened with date puree and you can taste the coconut in them. Available in other flavours, I just had to choose the good old fashioned chocolate one. Around $4 a  packet from selected Coles supermarkets.


Saturday 20th February 2021

Day off. 

Do nothing day.

Rubbish out

Laundry finally done

Cooking & wash dishes

Sleep 

No shifts added to Kronos as at 7th February 2021.

New shifts added to Kronos for week beginning March 1st 2021.

Sunday 21st February 2021

Day off.

Do nothing day.

Australian history - first recipients of COVID vaccinations including Prime Minister Scott Morrison, aged care residents and emergency workers. Phase 1a rollout to commence. I have to wait until Phase 2a to be eligible for one. I am unsure if I should get it due to my severe allergies. Is it safe? What if I get a severe allergic reaction to it and not just a sore arm eg anaphylaxis.

Went shopping at Aldi Coles & Woolworths at Chatswood in the afternoon. I just had to go out so it ended up not being a do nothing day.

A few product reviews

1. Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Dark Chocolate with Nuts Bars - this bar tastes absolutely awful rating 2/10 Yuk! I don't recommend it. No wonder they were on special at $2 for a pack of 4 ( I keep eating a bit of one bar and leaving it then opening another bar taking a bite and forgetting the rest of the other one I could not finish oreviously!) It has a very strange taste. Difficult to describe and not nice . I haven't had a Nature Valley Bar for a decade - I used to love the crunchy ones with apple which were discontinued. Photo below



2. Bundaberg Tropical Mango Sparkling Drink. photo below. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. Would I buy it again? No. Far too sweet for me probably because I have had a soda pop or soft drink since high school. I have been drinking 100% fruit or vegetable juices and water with the occasional bottle of flavoured Kombucha therefore my tastebuds had forgotten how much sugar there was in a bottle of soft drink or soda pop. This to me was so sweet it took me 3 - 4 days to finish this standard bottle of Tropical Mango Sparkling Drink which was only 375 mls! I rate it a 5/10. Remember it says drink not juice therefore bound to contain some other ingredients in it. 


4. Be Natural Protein Nut Bar rating 7/10. a protein bar full of nuts but without any chocolate or yoghart ( yes no chocolate) it does not taste bad. Decent size too. Photo below






No comments:

Post a Comment