Monday 15 February 2021

Monday 22nd - Sunday 28th February 2021 - Week 48 Of Under Employment , Precious Treasures @ The Incinerator Gallery & Tenacity @ Chatswood Chase

Monday 22nd February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock only new shift added 12th February 2021. Checked Kronos 14th February 2021 no changes to shift.

As Winter approaches it is getting more and more difficult to get up at 5 am and leave a little after 6 am each morning as it is getting really dark and daylight savings does not end for a while.

Pretty boring day today. Main task today was the big move of Vue and MW stock. I helped by moving all the glassware ( I am talking large glass juice jars 8 L in volume and lots of large glass biscuit jars of a set of display shelves much taller then me and putting them in a cage for the MW rep tomorrow to deal with. Then replacing the shelves with the white Robert Gordon range. White white and more white. The shelves are just so white! Apparently that was the plan. Or was it? Things change every 5 minutes ( as a team member quoted) all the time. She is not wrong there!

Photo below of almost complete display

It's not pretty but practical - not much you can do with white white and more White! There is a plate stand in the photo meaning more items to be added still.

I signed up a Myer One again today but forgot to scan the barcode again so told the team leader. I printed a receipt out right after the transaction. Why am I the only one doing this and I'm not even on the floor again today!!! It's not difficult to ask if customers if they would like to join although a large portion still are uninterested. What I don't like asking customers for is their date of birth. The customer I signed up did hesitate a while when I asked her for her DOB - her body language said it all "why do they need it? and I really don't want to give it out" - I had to explain that it is a security thing ( and I did not mention it was for birthday vouchers as Myer does not even give out birthday vouchers to new or existing members only a select group of older members - I don't even get one from Myer and I've been an almost dormant member for decades!) One of the important things to mention to customers is unlike the David Jones card, It's not a credit card but a loyalty card - free to join.

The rest of the day is just filling up stock that is on sale cutlery sets, fry pans, Kitchenaid utensil stand ( still a bit to go in reserves) and any Bodum stock in between serving customers.

The two team members Let's call them D & D being guys did most of the heavy lifting in the moving of displays. 

Lunch was around 2 pm or a little after. My last customer took me over to 4.20 pm. I punched out as soon as I finished with the customer on my phone - it was first rejected then accepted. I made sure my location was switched off as soon as I punched out. 

This last customer was looking for a blender or nutrabullet type appliance to mix her special high fibre drinks her doctor had recommended for her to drink which contained pysilium husks and kale - both ingredients that would be tough on the appliance she would be using. I recommended the Vitamix which although a little on the expensive side pulverized everything so you don't get that gritty texture in drinks. This is what Boost Juice uses if you are wondering how they get their drinks so smooth. Anyway I was showing the customee her options when one of the team members from Electricals comes up and interrupts by blurting out random information about the Vitamix I was showing and exposing about to the customer we both gave her a strange "excuse me" look. I let her finish and the information was mostly conveyed to the customer already by me. After this team member left the customer mentioned to me how that was a little rude , yes it was and rather pushy as well. The customer  also mentioned how she didn't like her body language and how she thought I was doing fine already. To me it was if that team member thought I either did not know my products or she was trying to push a sale. I let the customer make her own decision of which blender she wanted to purchase. She was drawn to the Sunbeam and a few other brands as well. She was trying to ring her friend to find out which blender brand she owned as she uses hers all the time. I also advised her to do a lityle research as well as she was using it to blend quite woody stringy ingredients therefore wattage is also important as you don't want to burn out the motor just trying to blend kale stalks for example.

I am so tired I went straight home no stopping to shop. 

Tuesday 23rd February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock only new shift added to Kronos 12th February 2021. Checked Kronos again 14th February 2021 no changes to shift.

I am so tired I am going straight home to sleep.

Today was so busy with restocking , merchandising and customers. I was almost on my own doing stock today and I lost count of how many cages I unloaded onto the floor. I also took a lot of stock out of the reserve to put out onto the floor.

Lunch was after 2 pm today again. Both the reps from MW and S&P were present all day today merchandising. Maybe It's a regular thing now that every Tuesday they are here merchandising at the same time. Postscript the MW rep rang and advised her manager that she needed to return tomorrow as she was far from finished with her merchandising at Myer Warringah and the S & P rep was back on Thursday with her continuing effort of getting as much of the S & P stock off the dock in several cages and into her displays on the floor as possible.

Today I merchandised the Robert Gordon display I was working on yesterday. Finished but it wasn't that good in the end. I did not take a photo if it as I got caught up downstairs trying to get into the reserve with the MW rep and we both could not get in and no we did not get the  door code wrong. I had to go and  get the operations manager and he was able to open it easily - he did bring a screw driver with him from the office though just in case. We found the area at the top of the door with the top latch lock was split hence causing the problem. The carpenter will be coming so the operations manager will ask him to screw or glue it together. The doors aren't even proper doors they are particle board doors. Things hapoen very slowly at Myer. I said one of the boys probably did it. The operations manager did not believe me when I advised him that the doir would not open as he and the assistant store manager had both just gone down there to inspect what stick was in there ( so they can decide ( yes they have still not made a decision about it yet - how long does it take to make a simple decision at Myer by management?!) which suppliers stock will be moved into a separate reserve - the currently unused tv reserve)  a few hours ago and it was fine. 

Wednesday 24th February 2021

Day off

Although I slept in today, I did manage to venture out after lunch to return my 9 bottles for recycling before catching the 115 bus from Chatswood which I have not caught before to Small Street & Willoughby Rd to walk to The Incinerator Gallery & Cafe to see the art exhibition Precious Treasures. On my way there were large white signs with red arrows still visible along Small Street to the end reading "COVID COLLECTION POINT". Was this once a drive through testing clinic or a proposed vaccination centre? I must Google this. 

Back to my visit to The Incinerator Gallery & Cafe ( which was closed) . Upon arrival I tried to scan the QR code and this time I was successful in checking in and checking out after a few attempts at scanning the code at the door.  Entry is free by the way. I have uploaded a video already of my visit onto my YouTube Channel. I am very unfamiliar with the artists of this art exhibition.  It is on Wednesdays - Sundays from 10 am - 4 pm until 28th February 2021 - just for the Luna New Year celebrations around Chatswood. Upon exiting the art exhibition which I only spent a total of 30 minutes looking at including videoing and uploading my video onto YouTube, the gallery attendant asked for my postcode and where I heard about the art exhibition - at Chatswood from the What's On Luna New Year Celebrations In Chatswood Sign on Chatswood Mall. Bus back to Chatswood - just missed the 120 bus so had to wait another 10 minutes for the next 115 bus which are both a 20 minute ride back to Chatswood.














I still have not found the art installation in Chatswood Chase - I am surprised they are the only shopping Centre with absolutely no Luna New Year decorations displayed in the shopping centre windows near the entrances.

Looks like Luna New Year celebrations are over. The red inflatable ox with the gold dipped tail that looked like a penis and the wishing tree have both been removed from Chatswood Station Concourse.

Bumped into my cousin at Chatswood Station after I had done a quick shop at Woolworths. We went to Coles together where we didn't need anything before walking around Westfield and down towards Chatswood Chase to try and find the Luna New Year art installation Tenacity ( until 26th February 2021)  that I had previously been unable to find. My cousin said if there are art installations on there, they are usually on the level below the top level and yes she was correct - having been to a few in the past they are usually situated in one of the side arms of the shopping mall. We found them near Williams and Sonoma near the David Jones end of Chatswood Chase but we found another 3 wishing trees down the other end of Chatswood Chase Mall in another side arm of the mall. It looked like this set of wishing trees ( well they weren't actually - on closer inspection they were  old hills hoists clothes lines decorated in fake blossoms twine & dangling cut outs of photographs and hanging red envelopes attached with clips). There were red envelopes filled with different wishes. With no instructions on what to do, I pulled off a random red envelope and inside it was a card saying " Success with your career". There were no instructions on what to do with the red envelope and card so I kept it then picked another random one from another wishing tree to give to team member "ticket girl" and when I opened it, it said the same thing which I thought was very appropriate but then began to wonder if they all said the same thing - yep after selecting another random red envelope from the same set of wishing trees and opening it - it did indeed say the same wish. We were about to exit at the other end of the mall via the downward esculator to street level when we spotted the other set of wishing trees in another arm of the mall however this set had instructions on what to do and looked a lot more visited then the other set of wishing trees. On them were people's hand written wishes on the back of wishing cards selected. So what you were suppose to do was take a wish then make a wish. There was a we code on the back of each wishing card in the red envelope so I scanned one to see what it came up with - nothing just advertising of deals and promotions at the mall. I thought it was a competition to win prizes eg chocolates but no it was just advertising. Next I decided to pull another random red envelope from this set of wishing trees and it read sonething different "Good Health" - that's better so I asked my cousin if she had a pen and what I should write - I ended up writing " Last year was a rat of a year ,  hopefully the ox will bring prosperity for 2021" ( or something along those lines - similar to what I wrote on Facebook not that I posted much on Dacebook these days) before my cousin yells out how she is a Rat ( she was born in the year of the Rat). After visiting the wishing trees in Chatswood Chase and taking /leaving my wish, we headed up another level where we noticed how all the shops had either shut early or were closing down. Not a single person except us were up there. There was one new store opening soon and had a recruitment sign in their window. I am thinking of applying.







Onto our next place of interest - a small takeout acrosd the road in Chatswood Place that sells bubble tea and pork rolls Vietnamese style - apparently one of my cousins friends owns it - when we arrived it was closed already so she could not buy a roll for dinner. I hope she didn't forget to get some milk on her way home!

A walk all the way back to the station - I said good bye to her just before the station as she can walk home from there and for me it was a bus home to get ready for work tomorrow.  

End if my day off. Still awake at a lost 11 pm blogging. I think I forgot to write about a few things like how I stopped off at KFC and purchased a basic double fillet burger and ate it on my way home one night as I could not be bothered to cook. I think this was Thursday afternoon. And the story about how a customer a VM team member and I were serving farted in front of her after I left her and walked around the corner. I asked her if it was a this the and she said no but if it was the customer better check her undies.

Thursday 25th February 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock only new shift added to Kronos 12th February 2021. Checked Kronos 14th February 2021 no changes to shift.

Checked Kronos again 20th February 2021 shift changed to 8 am - 5 pm added scheduled extra 1 hour for annual safety training straight after work. Need 80% pass to be paid for it. 

Lunch today was after 2pm again today and I managed to have it with one of the VM team members. I had not seen her all day today and she is usually upstairs with the rest of the VM & merchandising team. I find out that she had been downstairs merchandising fashion as tgere was no one else available to do it. There was a lot of stock coming in for fashion this week. 15 minutes before our lunch ended we took a walk outside as she wanted to get a hot chocolate. She was wearing her Myer name badge when she purchased her hot chocolate - do we get staff discounts if we work at Myer? I just wanted to get out of Myer during my lunch break not really interested about staff discounts from foid court vendors. I never wear my name badge when I am doing stock as it falls off or gets stuck in the cage because it is magnetic causing a safety hazard ( yes my name badge is a safety hazard - if Myer is so concerned about safety they  can't make me wear my name badge or lanyard doing stock duties if it is a safety hazard to me).

Lunch over and the operations manager asks me if i have checked my mcomms as it is coming up that i haven't checked it all week and advised me that I am suppose to check it before every shift which i didn't know about. I just check it when I can which may not be convenient before my shifts. When will Myer understand that team members do have lives outside of Myer! So I checked my Myer Metrics - well what do you know?, I am not even on service and I just received another 10/10 customer service satisfaction score. What I don't understand is I was sitting on 88% due to getting 1 score below 8/10 as customer wasn't happy about Myer over all not me ( she gave a 5/10 overall score to Myer but my individual score was a 7/10) , I then received another 10/10 however my score did not move. After this 10/10 score my score only moved up to 89%. This is a very unfair metric system that is incorrect and should be scrapped as it just does not make sense. How can your score drop more then 10% if you get one customer satisfaction score below 8/10 but stay the same or move up just 1% if you score 2 10/10 customer satisfaction scores?

At 4 pm I went down to the staff lunch room and sat at a table in the corner to complete my safety induction training course on my phone ( not on the Myer communial use COVID infested computer). It took almost the full l hour to complete it. As we were only being paid 1 hour to complete it , once it reached 5 pm I had to stop whatever module I was up to and punch out. I only managed to start the other module on How Myer works 10 minutes before 5 pm before logging out as I was having so much trouble with the continue option. There was a lag every time I pressed the continue option - it was frustratingly slow to progress therefore I had to abandoned it at 5 pm. At least I managed to complete the important safety induction training course with only 1 incorrect question answered ( I still don't know what each ladder is called although I know how to use the different types available). At 5 pm I mentioned how I had finished for the day and how I just finished my safety induction training course to a team member having a break in the staff lunch room ( Thursday late night shopping therefore there is a change of team members mid shift ). I punch out a little after 5pm and on my way out of Myer bump into the team leader and also tell her that I finished my safety induction training course and now finished for the day.

Friday 26th February 2021

Day off . No shifts added to Krono as at 14th February 2021.

Today I applied for a job in Chatswood for a Homewares store in Chatswood Chase Canvas Home Interiors. Ever heard of them? No me either but apparently they have 5 stores in NSW. So I forwarded my resume by email and was asked to go for an interview today at 3 pm. So how did it go? Not very well. I thought I was going to be late but was on time but they weren't - standing outside for 20 minutes for a 10 minute maximum interview which I was told was 30 minutes is not a good sign. I don't think the shop will last very long in Chatswood Chase - a year tops I am estimating. They were looking for a store manager and did not actually have any permanent part time position at the moment the sign on the window has been taken down allready. I was advised to give them 2 weeks before they consider my application for a position there. I left it at that. I wasn't that interested in them just as much as they weren't really interested in me. 

Stupid Salvation Army Employment Plus one of Centrelink approved service providers didn't help. They had prebook an appointment for me at 1.30 pm today and kept messaging & calling me to attend when they did not even ask me if I was available to attend. They ignored all my emails I sent to them about me possibly rostered on to work today. I think they should be struck of the list of approved employment service providers to Centrelink. They have not helped me at all in finding employment, I found employment on my own and they are becoming a liability in my job search. They actually have a bad rating from what I've read and ignored all my requests to amend my job plan which was one suggestion given to me by Centrelink.

To make me feel better I decided to have something to eat from my favourite sushi place Tamon in the food court downstairs in Chatswood Chase. I had a tofu bowl - it was a good vegetarian choice rice on the bottom a little seaweed salad on the side tempura onion pickles  and fried tofu with teriyaki sauce. Photo below.




Shopping at Kmart  for a new floor lamp light bulb and a packet of 3 suit bags - what $6 for a single light bulb! and $7 for a 3 packet of plastic suit bags?!. These cost more then the floor lamp!

Next onto Coles to purchase some mini cucumbers and a few other things.

Finally a walk back to Woolworths Metro for a final few grocery items.

Home to take out the rubbish. Done.

Saturday 27th February 2021

Day off

I did not do anything today. Just sleep and cook things to eat. My allergies have now become quite severe mainly my skin - really itchy.

I tried agasin to report my job search efforts and checked Kronos again for my shifts for the following week. I have been rostered on on a day I requested leave for but still can listen to the virtual meeting if I have an early lunch between 11.30 am and 12.30 pm that day ie Friday 12th March 2021.

Sunday 28th February 2021

Last day of February as 2021 is not a leap year

Day off 

My blog crashed yet again. 

Today I slept in again today. I did not sleep very well last night as my skin was really itchy and still is. 

I ventured out to Macquarie Shopping Centre today catching the Metro train in the afternoon. I did quite a big shop at Coles before watching a bit of the hockey game from the foid court overlooking the ice rink below. 

If you don't have anything else to do on a Sunday evening, most Sundays throughout the year you can purchase a meal from the many food outlets in the food court and grab yourself a table next to the glass windows overlooking the ice rink below and watch a hockey practice session or game. 

Ice Hockey is all year round not just in Winter in NSW. There are times when a real ice hockey national tournament or international friendly is on that all the blinds are pulked down over all the windows of the food court overlooking down to the ice rink below as these games are ticketed ones not open to the general public.

I would have stayed for a meal and watched the game between the Bushrangers and the Knights but had to go home to prepare for work tomorrow and wake up at 5 am. 

Photos below and I have uploaded a short video on my YouTube channel of the ice hockey practice session/game at Macquarie Ice Rink.





Note the safety nets - if you haven't seen heard and felt a puck fly up and out of control and hit the viewing windows above whilst you are seated having a meal watching ice hockey - then you haven't experienced real ice hockey - it is scary!

Product review Coles ultimate chocolate chip cookies with 40% chocolate chips and no artifical colours or flavours rating 8/10 up there with the Aldi gluten free chocolate chip cookies and the home style baked ones I had recently. Really good- also available in salted caramel chocolate chip, triple chocolate and chocolate dipped . Just chocolate chips is fine - it gets too sweet with extra stuff in them. I love the slight coconut taste in them. photo below



Home to pack lunch and sleep.

End of another week.


No comments:

Post a Comment