Sunday 2 May 2021

Monday 3rd - Sunday 9th May 2021 Week 58 Of Under Employment & No Plans Yet

Monday 3rd May 2021

Day off

I paid a few more bills due today. Watched some tv and caught up on my blogging.

Why does Spaghetti Bolognese always taste better as leftovers  and freshly made?

It was a really nice day today and I ventured out today again for another swim at Lane Cove Acquatic Centre. Don't know if the chlorine is doing my skin any good but the exercise is probably doing my body good.


After my swim I did anotger grocery shop but went to all 3 supermarkets Woolworths Aldi & Coles in Lane Cove to seek out what I needed. I could not find quite a few items on my grocery list again and Woolwirths had most of the toiletry items I needed on special. I also went to Priceline which did not have what I needed and was the most expensive if they did have tge toilktry product I needed.

So tired I went to bed after unpacking all my grocery items. I forgot the toilet paper but that's OK as I always have spares. With 2 full bags to carry and my backpack it took me longer then usual to walk home. I could have crossed the road and caught a bus from Lane Cove but extra exercise never hurt anyone. It was dark by the time I arrived home. Sleep. 

Tuesday 4th May 2021

Day off

What a dark wet day today turned out to be. I was going to venture out but will leave it for another day. Sleeping in laying in bed watching tv and catching up on my blog as well as doing laundry and cooking and preparing for work tomorrow seem like good rainy day activities to do today.

I did my laundry but everything still has a wet feel about it after drying. I think I need to turn the fan on.

I didn't mention besides preparing a fruit salad I baked a brownie. I think the recipe I followed used too many eggs as the texture is not like the ones I am used to. I did not bake it long enough as well so had to do a second bake as the brownie was still raw in the middle. Tastes great still.

Wednesday 5th May 2021

Myer  10.30  am - 5.30 pm service

It's still wet today. Last night I slept a full 8 hours for once. 

I  wonder what will happen at work today. Hopefully no incidents and accidents.

Not much hapoened today. Customers to serve, stock to be moved around - customer service manager asked me to get the cage of karki quilt covers and swap the displays around so the quilt sets matched the bed display and same with the "banana bed" display. 

No Myer One sign ups - I asked every customer if tgey wanted to join if they were not a member and they all said no. 

Not as many plastic bags sold today and I did not bother to ask for round up of purchases to donate to charity as I am still unconvinced about whether the proceeds are actually going to the specified charities and not into Myer's purse.

A couple of shoplifters caught red handed today - one operator 22 caught in cosmetics where he purchased one fragrance but apoarently shoplifters another one for himself.  I actualky served the customer who caught him shoplifting and she told me all about it after the incident. The other shop lifter waa caught by a team member from Mensware who had tried to run off after removing the security hard tag pinned inside a sheet set. The police were not notified however the operations manager was. I suspect this shop lifter had visited Myer previously as it was described he was with a mother with kids in a stroller. They may not have been together as a family but the femalle probably knew about it.

One customer I served was over charged for a men's merino jumper the day before so I had to consult the customer service manager about it. It turned out that according to the customer's receipt they purchased the jumper before 3 pm however they insisted the sale sign was already up when usually sale signs for the following day only go up after 4 pm the previous day therefore it was decided that we would honour the customer's purchase. I refunded the original amount they paid and reprocessed the purchase at the sale price instead doing an exchange and using the promo not loaded as the the sale price now came up automatically on the POS. Customer now happy.

Another customer returned 2 separate orders  processed by 2 separate team members - the team leader processed an order of 2 items that were paid for on the POS system. Normally the policy with manchester is no return no refund no exchange due to NSW Health Regulations. The customer insisted she was told that she could as long as they were not out of the packet. The items she purchased weren't even sold at Myer Warringah therefore had to be labelled and returned to the distribution centre. Refund was done on the POS system. The other larger return was a an in-store purchase and I did a refund for this return on the POS which was quite a few hundred dollars worth of Manchester returned. I would not have allowed a refund myself but the customer service manager allowed it as the customer was told she could return it all. The customer manager asked me after the refund why the customer wanted to return so much manchester and how much the refund was. I advised her of the refund amount and the reason given was the customer liked it but her daughter didn't hence the return. The customer srrvice manager makes the following comments "Why would you buy so much manchester? Why wiuld you be buying manchester for your dsughter ? and Why didn't she just buy the pillow cases before deciding which ones her daughter liked?" Well maybe she didn't want to risk not being able to get a complete set -  eg when items go on sale especially clearance it usually means they are the last ofs so a sheet set be available but there are absolutely no matching pillow cases or quilt sets available nationally and there is no reruns of them. Customer hopefully satisfied with refund in accordance with what she kept and promotion/sale on at the time.

Third customer was owed an apology and hopoefully she was satisfied with the resolution of her purchase. Oh dear firstly she was what originally overcharged when on closer insp ection it was the incorrect product that was on sale - 50 cm fitted sheet not on sale &  40 cm fitted sheet on sale both the same product white Vue sheet set in a king size. The customer picked up a 50 cm sheet set instead of the 40 cm sheet  set. The second problem was there were 2 security tags inside the sheet set which had not been removed with one of them hidden deep inside the sheet set. The third issue was the inside security tag actualky caused a rip in the flat sheet. So the resolution was 1. Refund the money for the incorrect sheet set with the reason for return/refund as faulty. 2. the flat sheet ended up being given to vm  ( note left on it ) to use on the bed dispkays instead of opening up new stock. The balance of the sheet set of 2 pillows and fitted sheet was marked diwn to 50% off original price with a note missing flat sheet & put back on the shelf ( makes sense as there are customers who don't want the flat sheet) 3. Finally the correct sheet set of a Vue white king sized 40 cm on sale was found a nd put through for the customer. Hopefully the customer was satisfied. 

Lunch was around 1.15 pm- a little late due to customers. I wasn't really hungry after going to a lot of effort to make my lunch of an Asian noodle salad and a chocolate brownie. I had lunch with the VM team member the customer service manager and Homewares team leader mistakenly call "Chelsea" - I asked her How did they get Chelsea? I know managers are not really good with names as they can't get my name right at all! I said to this VM team member that my theory was "Chelsea" is a combination of the shorten version of my name and the shorten version of her name! Makes logical sense when you think about it. Only if you are completely dyslexic!

Final bit of scandal - I went to the dock and spotted an Electricals team member on stock again and he had what looked like 2 black eyes and stitches under one eye. I was shocked - "What happened to you?"  I asked him? He said that he had a little "misunderstanding" but other team members have heard other stories such as he accidently walked into a door. Unconvincing. I did not probe further though.

I had to return about 6 ipads - where did they all come from and sign them all back in and put them all back into the charging station. 

5.30 pm finish today and dead tired waited forever for the 280 bus back to Chatswood then 144 home. No stopping off except for a toilet stop, water  and laundry money.

Home to put laundry into the dryer and taker the overflowing rubbish out. I can stay up a little later tonight as I have a day off tomorrow.  

Drying of my laundry finished, tv and bed.

Nice night to snuggle up in bed as it is dark cold and wet outside.

Thursday 6th May 2021

Day off

Sleep in and tv all day.

Lunch is prepared for tomorrow. 

Nothing to do today. No venturing out. Too afraid to and just as well it is a full wet day today.

Latest news today is not another crack lockdown in greater NSW but COVID restrictions are in place again. Masks are mandatory on public transport and in enclosed areas again. Visitor limits are in place again and no singing or dancing except at weddings with 20 people limits on dance floor at a time all due to a locally acquired case of COVID x 2.  How did a man in his 50's and his wife become COVID positive when he has never travelled overseas, is not  a returning traveller, has not been in quarantine or work in hotel quarantine? The theory is that he visited an optometrist on the ground floor below a hotel quarantine.  Problem is he is an Eastern suburbs resident who had travelled around the greater Sydney regions North South East & West visiting numerous venues.  What did I say and I will repeat it again - EVERYONE WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU ARE OUT & ABOUT WE CAN'T BE COMPLACENT COVID IS STILL ALIVE & WELL!!!!!!

Friday 7th May 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock

It is still really wet outside today and I have a bit of a mould problem in the apartment. I tried to dry out my apartment by turning on the ceiling fan but it made it worse.

Had to still get up at 5 am and get to work on time today. Luckily I had prepared my lunch yesterday. 

So masks are once again manatory on public transport and in enclosed areas until Monday.

Apologies for not blogging but it has been quite busy at Myer and by Saturday night I was dead tired!

I may have been rostered on stock duties today but when the customer service manager is not on and the team leader is , she almost always uses her common sense and asks me if I could do the lunch cover or help out if it gets too busy or there is no lunch cover rostered on. Today it was both as it is Mother's day on Sunday and as I described it to any customers who ask me "Has it been busy?" My response to them is "It's like Christmas!" with constant queues of people at the counter. It's Mother's day not the monthly Super Weekend which is next weekend! ( yes I am working on that Saturday  and I wish I wasn't as the Sydney Living Museum's Autumn  Harvest Festival is on at Rouse Hill Estate ( House & Farm). I like to go to this and the Spring Festival out at Elizabeth Farm whenever it is on and don't have any other events to attend or places of interest to visit that clash with these annual events.

So many customer issues whilst the team leader went to lunch. Team member "ticket girl" had a customer who purchased a whole heap of towels and a sheet set. There was a buy 2 towels sheets quilt sets etc and get 30 % off. Problem was the individusl bedding offer of 40% gets overridden by the buy 2 get 30% off so we both agreed that the only way the customer would get the correct discounts for her purchases was to split her purchases and do 2 individual transactions. Such a hassle. My customer could not remember her pin when she wanted to purchase a set of blue Sheridan towels on sale. She tried twice and the pin was incorrect. She wanted to try a third time but I stopped her informing her that she would be locked out of her account if she did so. She left it at that to go to her bank and I left her purchase on the back counter advising the team leader what had happened and how the customer will be back. Another customer had a stack of Coles Myer gift cards to use to pay for her purchases ( not another one remember Bingo customer in a previous blog of mine) ranging from $10 each as well as an $18 one and an $8 one ( weird demoninations) which held up the queue of customers. I am sure there were other complicated customer transactions but I can't remember what they were. 

Lunch was over in an hour for the team leader who went to lunch with another team member from Menswear for his birthday. I was back to stock duties and only managed to get 4 cages worth of stock out onto the floor today instead of my usual 8 or 9 cages. 

Serving customers is not the only reason I din't get as much done today. There has been a lot of slack staff on stock duties lately. Dumping stock onto the floor and over filling cages full of stock  that is poorly stacked and unstable risking it all falling out of the cages even before I get through the doors from the dock onto the floor. Each cage I took out onto the floor had products from every possible section mixed up in them intead of categorising them which makes my merchandising more difficult. On top of that the cookware section looked like a dumping ground or the reserves rather then a selling floor where it was impossible for customers to see what products were available and where to find them.

I spent a lot of time cleaning up shelves and displays in the cookware section before restocking and restoring some form of order and visual appeal to them.

The customer service manager had advised me to take photos of stock that looks as if it had been dumped so I did. I advised her on Saturday but she already knew about it. It hapoened before Thursday apparently.

I left a bit after 4 pm. End of another shift. 

Saturday 8th May 2021

Myer 9.15 am - 3.30 pm . Not anymore shift changed to 9.15 am - 6 pm today. Service? Stock? 

Service all day. So much stuff to do and so busy - it's like Christmas and it's only Mothers Day tomorrow.

So what happened today at work. 

Besides being realky busy team member ticket girl only did a half shift because she plays hockey. The second half of the shift was with team member I want to be a team leader. Boy did we have a stack of tickets to put up after 4 pm. It was 5.30 pm and team member I want To be a team leader thought we closed at 5.30 pm today. No we close at 6 pm. She says to me "It's almost 5.30 pm why hasn't anyone announced that the store is about to close?" She forgot that Myer closes at 6 pm as it is Saturday - oh well at least we got all the sale tickets up in advance before closing.

Today a customer purchased almost $1000 worth of Sheridan towels. It took 3 team members to complete her transaction due to a price match where th the Sheridan store and David Jones both had the towels on sale for 40% whereas Myer was only offering a 30% sale therefore each item had to be individually price overrode then item discounted. There were 30 different towels handtowels face washers bath sheets and bath mats purchased therefore I got the Electricals team leader to process the sale then I organised the batching of 3 bags with each colour in each bag  and organised a shop & drop for tge customer so tgey could go and have tgeir poedicure and come back to pick up their purchases instead of having to lug them around with them., whilst the Sheridan rep for the day gathered all the items for the customer. I gave them the 3 large plastic bags for free which was the least I could do for them as it was such a lkarge purchase. The customer paid in full with a gift catd. It took the customer forever to pay as she had to find her Myer One number and gift card on her phone ( I didn't say anything but I was getting a little annoyed with her as she was taking too long to finalise the payment of her purchases and holding up a queue of customers waiting to be served behind her).

Customers tgat finalise their purchases before deciding on another purchase becaause they want to get the buy 2 get a discount should be shot. Yep I had one of these today. I was not going to refund her purchase and reprocess it as there are other customers waiting. I wasn't even sure if there was a discount on the item to be purchased.

I had a custoner who wanted to return a Navy heritage sheet set which she claimed was faulty as it pilled on first wash. She claimed she got it as a gift and had no receipt nor did she have a Myer One app on her phone which would have kept a copy of her receipt. I said tgat if she didn't have a receipt I would have to call a manager to get authorisation. Unfortunately the manager was busy serving and advised the customer that she would have to wait. After I went to lunch ( finally at almost 3 pm instead of the scheduled 2.30 pm) the customer did actually have a receipt on her Myer One app. A refund was issued to the customer.

A customer wanted to send 2 purchases made to Valet- Usually you just call Valet give them the customers valet number on their vasl at card and tgey come and pick the purchase up. Not at Myer - you need to get all the details off the customer enter them under other instead of parcel pick up or shop and drop then take it downstairs to The Hub - unsure whether I had to call Valet or the Hub does.

Poor team ticket girl had a customer who wasnted to return a faulty dinner set and exchange it for same dinner set as well as something else as well as p ay for it with a Westfield gift card which just did not work with an added price match as original purchase price. The customer was told to check with Westfield concierge as to why the catd did not work. The dinner sets were kept on the back counter for their return. Again the customer service manager was involved and after team member ticket girl had left the team member from downstairs served this customer however the customer srrvice manager was involved again as the card still did not work. In the end the purchase was finally completed and resolved although not to the outcome of the customer. The faulty dinnerset's remaining plates were taken out of the box and labelled/priced to be sold individually with the other individual plates that are the same.

Such a long day and by the time I had my lunch I was not hungry really so took a walk around the mall.

Other duties today emptying clearance bedding onto a tressle table and directing a new  person performing stock duties today. ( yes on a Saturday).

Very long day for me. So tired. 6 pm home on the next 280 bus to Chatswood and 144 bus. It was dark so I didn't want to catch the B line to spit Junction and wait for a 144 bus home in the opposite direction.


Sunday 9th May 2021

Day off

It's after 9 am and I am trying to sleep in after the last 2 really busy days at work.

I forgot to get a Mother's day card to send to the aged care resident I am writing to as my volunteering. Oops. I might ring her but I should send her a card whether home made or purchased. Damn it. 

Done I found a very old 3D piece of stationery from my collection with roses on it and in a clear envelope so am sending that to her.

Next I am getting message on the What's App group chat as to who hasn't asked for donations or watched the m cast on the Future Direction of  Homewares. Watched. For f**k sake It's my day off.

Cooking cleaning ( vacuum and trying to rid mould) wash dishes and changed sheets. Everything I need to catch up on . 

No venturing out today. COVID restrictions still in place now extended another full week. Masks no longer required in retail but still compulsory on public transport and other places of  indoor entertainment.

Sleep. Another day off tomorrow. I definitely need it.




No comments:

Post a Comment