Monday 24 May 2021

Monday 24th - Sunday 30th May 2021 - Week 61 Of Under Employment , Absolutely No plans

Monday 24th May 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock.

ticket girl on mark downs

still serving customers whilst doing stock but not at POS

allergies improving very slightly but still severe

Got told off by customer service manager for talking to the MV rep today whilst doing stock and had just finished serving a customer on the floor. talking to her about my allergies as she had the same and understands how I feel unlike the customer service manager who didn't care a shit this morning when I told her How sick I was on my day off and how I passed out and my trip to the doctor and referral- she made it all about herself by telling me about her wait for an MRI appointment wait time

second time I spoke to me rep about what items were actually on sale or clearance customer service manager asks if " do you doubting my judgement?" I responded wwith "no" when I actually did.

Poor ticket girl doing mark downs she had lunch earlier as she finished at 4 today and was asked to work tomorrow to continue.

purchased 2 bottles of water today - why not It's free using my Myer vouchers earned and I recycle them to get 10 c back for each bottle

Lunch at 2 pm

the profile photo frame rep and the s & P rep were also present in store today

Customer service manager mentioned my latest 10/10 customer feed back score and the customers comment unfortunately my score has dropped another 2 % because I got another score same day of 5/10 but comment had nothing to do with my service it agasin it had to do with there was no one around to serve me! I wish customers would stop destroying my reputation.

Why has Myer ordered so many white ceramic mortar & pestle that are not goid for anything except crushing pills are they trying to attract junkies to Myer? Really a whole carton of tgem arrived! Why not attract junkies to Myer- I deliberately displayed tgem front and centre in the MV while basics display! There is a whole row of tgem double stacked on an upper shelf ( actually I put them there to hide the ugly backside of a row of white plate stands).

Asked to start earlier to morrow by customer service manager - no way!

Tuesday 25th May 2021

Have not even started my shift today at Myer from 10.30 am - 5.30 pm and I am already bombarded with whatsapp group chat messages from the customer service manager who is already publically naming and shaming all team members from Homewares and Electricals that have not watched the m casts relating to tge stocktake and stocktake sale by publishing a list of who has and who hasn't. Fortunately I have watched both and extras although I am never sure what I am suppose to be watching and I actually didn't watch them all and did not even have the sound on but if you just click and play them, then an indicator comes up to tell management that you have watched them. Yes all team members at Myer are monitored even on our days off and even when you are sick. Is this even legal? This is why I NEVER use Ipads at Myer to check my Myer Metrics as I don't want to leave any type of audit trail!

Constant text messages to check Myer Metrics even on my days off  because I haven't done so - I just checked it. 

Straight home on 280 bus to Chatswood and 144 bus home. Sleep early. Just as well as every night between 12 mid night and 3 am there is constant construction work right outside the apartment block where there is no way I can sleep as it is so loud.

Wednesday 26th May 2021

Day off

Do nothing day today no venturing out.

Paid bills rent phone & inc pro.

Got a reminder message for a 3rd appointment at 2.30 pm today at the Salvation Army Employment Plus. I responded by advising them online that due to last minute work shift additions that I could not attend again. They obviously are not looking at their contact messages .

Again went to sleep early due to nightly scheduled construction work.

Did not stay up to view the super moon lunar eclipse.

Prep for work tomorrow - a whole 4.5 hours what a waste of my day! I still have so much to do.

Had planned to go to Melbourne for 2 events this week - lucky I decided not to as VIC is on the verge of yet another possible lockdown due to an recemt outbreak again.

Thursday 27th May 2021

Myer 10 am - 2.30 pm lunch cover?

First stop the post office to post a prepaid international satchel of gifts to JJ Time at the post office @ Warringah Mall.

Next onto Woolworths to recharge my Opal card with $20 at Warringah Mall.

Next to work. So busy today. I was on my own until another team member arrived at 12.45 pm today. I keep forgetting it's late-night shopping today. Poor team member ticket girl has the night shift again 5 pm - 9 pm tonight.

So what happened at work today except the petty What's App Group Chat Text Message how management is watching how many plastic bags you are selling or not selling- what's the point. Below is the text received

"Hi everyone, every team member is being checked to see how many plastic or myer bags they are selling so please be mindful of this. Obviously many customers are bringing their own bags but if in 50 transactions you are not selling any, this may be questioned."

In addition to the above text message received the team member and I were pulled aside by the customer service manager and lectured on when and how we ask customers if they would like to purchase a plastic bag. I am ignoring this lecture - as an ex team member once said we are adults not children and therefore should not be treated like a child!

I can't be told off for not logging into my Myer Metrics as I read most of the M Coms especially the one on  charging customers 15 cents per plastic bags and some VERY interesting comments were made from Myee team members around Australia. I posted a 3 question comment which was an extension of other team members questions/comments. This is a summary of my comments

1. How can I be assured that all proceeds from the sale of plastic bags is going towards the community fund ( ie and not into Myer's purse strings?)

2. I also commented on how unfair it is for customers who had already made a purchase from Myer and then make other purchases from other departments at Myer to have to purchase an extra plastic bag because their purchases no longer fit into the original plastic bag tgey had purchased. The original plastic bag can't be swapped for another larger plastic bag because I have been told it's unhygeinic- bull shit tissue paper gets returned and recycled and reused all the time and it's all scrunched up who knows where it's been with customer returns. Something is just not right with this 15 c per plastic bag policy implemented by Myer.

3. My final comment was how I have noticed that instead if decreasing the use of plastic bags more customers are purchasing plastic bags after the 15 cent charge per plastic bag was implemented from Feb 1st 2021. This does not make sense - all this save the planet by bringing and using your own bag  is a load of bullshit and contradicts with the text message monitoring team members sale of plastic bags above. Myer is just looking out for themselves not the environment. 

Team member "I want to be a team leader" was on stock today and was pushing a a ca he of stock around a new Robert Gordon display when we hear a rather large crash of either glassware or ceramicware. I call a cleaner. The customer service makes a comment "Do I really want to know what she has broken?" before msking another comment of her location. 

I had a very rude and pesky customer today. I had another customer before her who I needed to go to the reserve to retrieve a matress protector for and tgere was a this pesky customer who was taking her time stick piling a whole lot of MW T's & C's mugs which were on sale for 60% off. She told me she could not make up her mind with whether to get the red or pink ones so I said take your time as I had to pop down to the reserve for a customer to retrieve a mattress protector for her and if she minded. As soon As I came out of the lift with the mattress protector for my customer, this pesky customer came searching for me and said in an agitated voice "excuse me I just want to purchase these I dropped what I had and ran over to the counter just to serve her ( lucky my customer that wanted the mattress protector was still shopping) I process this pesky customer's pink mugs she had decided on on the P IS before she decides she didn't want them as she thought they were 60% off - I explained to her that they were as p we the amount that appeared on the OOS screen in front of her. She totally wasted my time and held up other customers behind her.

I went shopping at Coles Warringah after work and found the below new product. There are 4 flavours in the range but I settled on the 2 that I would be mostly likely eat as a real  Krispy Kreme dounut. 

Photo below




Rating 5/10 for the caramel delights and for the kookies & kreme 7/10. Why because they remind me of dog treats or biscuits and the caramel delight probably tasted like them as well ( not that I have ever eaten a dog biscuit!). It has a very strange caramel flavour - fake would be the description. Why do the 2 flavours taste the same? The kookies and creme flavour definitely tastes better then the caramel. The caramel biscuits are really hard whereas the kookies and creme are a little softer to bite into. Stick to the real Krispy Kreme dounuts. Not a sweet snack I would purchase again.

Friday 28th May 2021

Day off 

Did not venture out as I just had so much to do.

Fortnightly Centrelink reporting completed.

Purchased a ticket to the Sydney Good Food & Wine Show for the All day Sunday session. Keep an eye out for my blog in the future.

Booked appointment with dermatologist for the first available opening which is not until 8th July 2021. The doctor did mention I could be waiting upto a month for an appointment.

Appointment booked online to see my tax agent on 20th July 2021

Cleaned my kitchenette area including assembling my 2 new stackable front opening containers to organise and store my crockery cutlery mugs utensils and cookware. Now I have some space to prepare my meals instead of clutter.

Changed my bedding after vacuuming the floor under it and turning the mattress which I do at least weekly.

Washed my dishes.

I received a text message notifying me of the volunteer manager leaving. ( Another text message received whilst I was at work on Saturday)

Leave requests submitted and approved for my appointment with the dermatologist on 8th July and for my appointment I made online with my tax agent on 20th July to do my 2020/2021 tax return.

Prepared for work tomorrow 

Took the rubbish out.

No time to do my laundry or go for a swim.

Sleep howevee didn't manage to get much slerp as there is construction going on every morning outside the appointment between 12 midnight and 3 am. So annoying as it is so loud.

I think the guy in unit 1A has moved out as his truck is no longer parked outside and I haven't seen him however I am unsure as the washing machine looks like it has been used and the bins have been moved. If he has moved out, it means I am the only person living in the entire apartment block. A whole apartment block to myself! This never happens!

Saturday 29th May 2021

Myer 10 am - 6 pm 

I missed the bus again but still made it in time for work today.

There were 2 broken online orders received by customers returned for refund or exchange - a set of 4 S & P grey Hue mugs in the morning & a set of MW black cavier plates in the afternoon.

There was also a lady that returned a Robert Gordon Cake stand where the base just  came off.

Very busy day.

No Myer One sign ups.

So tired by 6 pm. I took the 280 bus to Chatswood and it took forever! 

I was so tired I stopped off at McDonald's and had a fillet o fish burger however with no cheese and added tomato and lettuce instead. It has been so long since I last had something from McDonald's but when there is no hot meals left at Woolworths it's quick and convenient on my way home. Talk about shrinkage - the same burger was 1/3 of the size of what I grew up with eating it was tiny!



Sunday 30th May 2021

Another sleep in and life admin day.

Finally did my laundry but did not venture out as I am still sick. My skin allergies are still really bad.

I don't get much sleep because I am itching and there is constant construction right outside the apartment block every single morning between 12 midnight and 3 am in the morning. I thought there would be a break over weekends but no the constant pounding drilling digging  flashing lights etc continues every morning.

Prep for work tomorrow.

I am pretty sure that I am the only resident left living in the apartment block now!




No comments:

Post a Comment