Friday 19 August 2016

Saturday 20th August 2016 - Hip Hop Beginners Dance Class and The Rocks Market

After making an appointment for Tuesday to pick up my new pre ordered Samsung phone, I walked to Sydney Dance Company to do my regular Saturday dance class however I was unsure whether to try a Theatre Jazz class or do the Hip Hop class. In the end I decided to do the Hip Hop class although I was distracted by the music from the Theatre Jazz class in the next studio throughout my dance class.

After class I had a quick shower before heading off to look at The Rocks Market which is on every Saturday. I never have time to go to these markets after my dance class as I am always running off to an event or travelling to another destination.

Today I had the odd Saturday afternoon free so I walked through the Hickson Rd end of The Rocks Market then towards Argle Street and past The Rocks Centre where The Rocks Information Centre is located in.

As you know I love my food and market food stalls and French cuisine are my favourite. After you read what I just ate so far today you will be in shock if you are a health nut which I usually am by the way. I ate enough kilojoules for the entire week - there goes all the exercise I just did!

It started off with a visit to La Renaisance Patisserie right next door to the Guyian Chocolates Cafe. (No I didn't stop in there to have a snack as well if you are wondering!).

There was a queue to purchase a pastry, cake, coffee, pie, croissant or baguette from La Renaisance so I joined the queue. I purchased a croissant aux almande (oops spelling) and a mini chocolate fruit tart - changed my mind - a large one! both to take away or "to go" as North Americans say. I thought the croissant looked a bit burnt but when I scoffed it down it was one big piece of buttery pastry filled with a sweet almond paste and smothered in sugar and almonds. Yummy like no other almond croissant I have ever tasted. Tres bon!  That was dessert now entree!

Fast forward 15 minute and I was going to get a Japanese seafood pancake the size of a dinner plate but once I saw the amount of oil poured onto bbq it was being cooked on I decided against it and purchased a pair of "big chicken" goyzas (oops spelling) from the Hero Sushi market stall. - what a rip off that was. It wasn't that great and it was extremely oily I probably would have been better off with the Japanse pancake although it looked a little too thick for my liking as well.

$20 later I think I will be eating fruit and oatcakes for dinner.

Off to the fruit and vegetable market on my way home.










No comments:

Post a Comment