Saturday 27 August 2016

Sunday 28th August 2016 - catch up weekend

Apologies for a boring blog this week. I have been hit with a cold and there is nothing worse then feeling unwell when the sun is shining outside in the last few days of Winter and you really want to be out and about rather then trying to rest and get better.

Today I am feeling well enough and am on my way to Balmoral Beach to hopefully see some marine life in the rock pools and to go for a swim - after all it is 20 degrees c today and it is still winter. I have my noodle with me so I can float around in the water. Hopefully the water will not be too murky.

I have 2 more weeks of my creative coding course to do and am so glad I fast tracked my intro to cyber security course. I did log into the course to read any interesting posts but not posting anything else as I came across a nasty comment about what I posted.  Last I read 2 of the ladies that responded to or liked my post were still having a conversation regarding the scary prospect of the merging of databases in regards to peoples personal details on their medical records. I liked their 2 posts but did not respond as I didn't want to be "trolled" again. Really some people just don't have any respect for other peoples comments. Obviously their parents didn't teach them the concept of "if you can't say anything nice don't say it at all!"

The creative coding course is a really interesting course. Originally I did it as I was intetested in learning about coding and wanting to compare different coding languages and programs. This course also explores the artistic and creative side of coding. It also allows you to experiment. Looking at some of the examples of computer generated artworks and reading about the artists behind them I often questioned why - surely the artist could have hand drawn these pieces of artwork rather computer generate them with equivalent if not better outcome/result and that the only reasons why you would computer generate artwork would be for example 1. You have the creative talent but can't draw if your life depended on it or 2. You have a physical disabiliy(s) which prevents you from using your creative talent and therefore the computer is your assistant/scribe in which in both cases you are the artist regardless. (Examples of my first attempts at computer generated artwork can be seen on Flickr which I am not a fan of and only set up an account for my creative coding course . I have only managed to upload 2 pieces of my artwork Spirograph Experiment #1 and an earlier piece with no title described as a blue and yellow triangle of equal size within a large hot pink square creating an optical illusion)

Back to Balmoral Beach - I went for a quick swim and spent some time in the rock pools looking for interesting marine life. I didnt find any even under the rocks. The sea hare from last month that was released back into the rockpools had long vanished but the same white tipped sea anenome was still clinging in the same position as when I last saw it although a little worse for wear and all its friends that clung nearby have all vanished. Upon closer inspection of the shallower rockpools I spoted tiny fish like skeletons darting quickly through the water , finding shelter under the odd leaf that had drifted into the rockpool or camouflaging itself next to limpets. In the ocean I swam yet again with hundreds of small fish following the waves forcing them out to sea only to suck them back into shore over and over again.  Perhaps the same school of fish that I swam with previously yet doubled in size and with a huge decrease in population.

After my brief swim, I had a shower at the bathers pavilion then wemt for a walk up the other end of Balmoral  Beach - around the Boathouse and around Balmoral Oval and up the steep stairs along the wslking track from Balmoral to Chowder Bay - didnt walk far before turning around and heading home on a bus. Will save the 1 hour walk for another day as I am still not 100%. Will walk in the opposite directionbie from Chowder Bay back to Balmoral Beach.















No comments:

Post a Comment