Tuesday 6 February 2018

Monday 5th February 2018 - Superbowl

This is the first time where I am actually back in Sydney, have a day off from work and the actual Superbowl is broadcast live at a reasonable time for me to watch.

Live and free from 9 am on Channel 7 I managed to watch almost all of it - well at least pre kick off  to half time and half time entertainment before briefly switching the tv off and turning it back on.

By half time I knew there was no chance the New England Patriots would win therefore did not watch the game right to the end.

I watched the bits that counted eg the appeal by the Eagles - was the "player" actually in control of the ball as he passed over the line ?

Despite some criticism from people about Pink's performance - I was afraid she would not be able to hit the high notes but she did. It was evident she was not 100% as she was sucking a throat lozenge right until she was about to sing . I say good on her for soldiering on!

Justin Timberlake was great during his half time performance sans wardrobe malfunction this time round. What about the boy with the selfies with JT!?

Then there were all the commercials during the superbowl which cost millions. I watch most of them on You Tube - my favourite was the Australian Tourism ad however I also liked the Amazon one when Alexa loses her voice and various actors take over her role. I noticed that Rebel Wilson was absent from the star studded cast of the Australian Tourism ad but she did appear on the Amazon ad although very briefly.

What can I say ? - after the Superbowl was over I baked a seafood pie from scratch and lodged my complaints to the Ombudsmen against Australia Post who only agreed to reimburse me for original postage paid and not for any replacements purchased as well as a complaint letter to the property management company requesting a partial reimbursement of my maintenance fees or reduction of my next annual maintenance fees due. Travel insurance - forget it somethings aren't worth taking out - will have to shop around for an alternative for future travels!




No comments:

Post a Comment