Friday 2 February 2018

Saturday 3rd February 2018 - Pizza Binge

I've been back in Sydney for 4 days now and back at work for 2 days.

I am wondering why I am so hungry all the time. Maybe I wasn't eating properly while I was on holidays or maybe I just missed all the good Australian food I could not get whilst I was away overseas - it didn't help when my bag with my special dietary needs and favourite Australian foods went missing for 3 weeks of my holiday.

It could be the weather perhaps - it has been overcast even a little cold and wet since I landed back in Sydney. Today was no exception and I didn't even feel like going out even with the short bursts of sunshine that popped out now and then.

I really had a craving for pizza something I didn't really indulge in overseas except for a single small frozen vegetarian one.

When at home I would occasionally walk down the street to Crust Pizza and get a medium thin crust pizza of some sort. It usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes from order to pick up and usually costs around $18.

There are however 2 other pizza places within walking distance of Crust Pizza - Woodfire Pizzas across the road and I Love Pizza down the street in the opposite direction to Crust Pizza.

I decided to go and try I Love Pizza this time round instead of Crust Pizza. Here's  what I thought of the pizza I chose to purchase.

1. Special self pick up price available everyday for a large pizza $16

2. I had to check if it was a thin crust pizza - at Crust Pizza you can ask for it. Here it seems to be standard - found the base in the middle could have been baked a few minutes more a little blonde patch compared to other areas of crust.

3. So much choice with the pizza toppings - should I have a garlic prawns or mixed seafood pizza? I chose the garlic prawn pizza then changed my mind to a mixed seafood pizza but was told it has a spicy sauce base - no problem. Maybe I should have asked for a half and half which is something you can ask for on a large pizza at Crust Pizza.

4. Wait time from order to pickup 10 minutes advised. Not too bad for a Saturday early night around 6.30 pm.

5. Pizza arrives it contains a good cover of tomato base with spice as advised. The scallops muscles and prawns are very evenly spread out over the pizza. There is a lemon wedge on the side of the pizza. I eat a few slices of the pizza - it was nice but far too much cheese! To be honest good value for money but I still prefer Crust Pizzas because it is not overloaded with cheese and what is with the spicy sauce? The crust is nice and thin enough except for the slightly undercooked patch in the middle which could also have been the result of too much cheese melting. Large prawns and scallops. Needs some other greens  or herbs  to balance it out though. I like to have parsley or some fresh rocket on my pizzas to balance out the rest of the toppings and cheese on a pizza.

Rating 7/10

Next time will have to try the Woodfire Pizza place across the road






No comments:

Post a Comment