Saturday 14 April 2018

Saturday 14th April 2018 - Shopping & A Quick Snack In The City Continued

Another stinking hot day of 30 degrees +. I woke up early to clean and pay bills etc before having a nap and travelling into the city in the afternoon.

I had planned to continue to see the 21st Biennale of Sydney 2018 @ The A4 Centre For Contemporary Asian Artists but arrived too late it was closed at 4 pm today. Oh well will have to see it some other time.

So what did I waste my time doing today? Firstly exchanged the black top at UNILQO that crumpled too easily and was too hot to wear at the funeral last Monday for the last Marimekko sized M black spot dress. I tried on the black spot sleeveless top in a small but didn't like it as it was a little short. I also tried on the extra small last multicolored spot dress but it was just a little tight. A small would have been perfect but I finally settled on the last medium black spot dress - a little big but comfy! I can always belt it, wear something over or under it and pair it with chunky heels or flats. I think it will be worn out a lot - no more fears of wearing my $350 Marimekko dress out on public transport only to sit on something nasty and ruining it!

Onto the food court I visited in my last shopping in the city blog - I went back and purchased one of each flavour baklava - vegan pumpkin & cinnamon, salted caramel, plain pistachio and chocolate. I did not purchase the nutella one as everyone is doing nutella something desserts!

photos below




Some lunch - I tried a toasted sandwich this time from Crafty Cuts Eatery of lamb and slaw with an optional pickle ( that is what that green thing is on top of the sandwich below). For $12.90 I think it is a little overpriced. The bread was ok but nothing special about it as it was just 2 slices of brown artisan shaped bread. The portion of roasted lamb shoulder came out from the kitchen behind in a measured scoop but sat on the bench for a while until collected by the "sandwich artist" to be assembled on the front counter. The slaw was ok as well - just as well it didn't  come from the front display as it was in a bowl that had obviously been sitting there uncovered for sometime and noticeably dried out. Rating : 7/10 - a good toasted sandwich in fact any sandwich should hold its contents well. This one unfortunately didn't, the contents fell out of the sides of the oval shaped container as soon as you picked up one half of the sandwich which meant I lost all the lamb filling before I even took my first bite out of the sandwich. Toasting the sandwich which was brown bread did nothing to the structural integrity of the sandwich which collapsed even more as I took more bites out of it. Recommended for people who scoff down their food in record time! Tasted ok.


pickle piece too large and  bread already sliding off before it is even out of the container.


Onto my next stop via light rail from Central Station - the A4 Centre For Contemporary Asian Artists - it was closed when I arrived there I took some photos from the outside and walked to my next stop - Marketcity.








A lot has changed since it's early days when I worked where the current Cotton On Outlet store is currently located. The store used to be a Table 8 Clearance Outlet and there were no tiles or carpet covering the floor just concrete (I don't  think this has changed in the current Cotton On Outlet store). What has changed is the food court which used to be located on the top level now relocated downstairs with an incomplete refurbished new "Dining Precinct or District" as they are all called now named "1909". This dining area of Market City is a series of sit down restauranettes along the top level of the shopping centre with its typical dark low lit fancy lounge areas surrounded by these restauranettes. The top level food court used to share it with a cinema and arcade games area. The cinema was ditched and now the arcade games area occupies the former cinema area rebranded to "Playtime" and currently shares it with the "1909 Dining Precinct".

photos below






Apart from the relocated food court downstairs ( which is nothing like the original food court that was upstairs), the centre court area is always displayed with something eg food or clothing stalls, festive displays , performances etc. Currently there is a kids activity - a Wonderland Maze just in time for the school holidays - Just look out for the giant inflatable pink cat and 2 giant inflatable pink mushrooms.

photos below








It gets dark earlier now therefore time to go home by train from Central but not after a quick stop to Thai Lee IGA to pick up some Asian groceries.

Final mention in Town hall Arcade there is yet another new chain store - a tiny store which most Americans and Canadians are familiar with and I shop there quite a lot whenever I am in Canada called Bathworks. Yay that we finally got one here in Sydney but Nay when I asked the price of the frangranced shea butter handcream I purchase overseas (A$8 for a watermelon & lemon tube - it is probably only CAN$4 and even cheaper on sale!)






No comments:

Post a Comment