Saturday 21 April 2018

Sunday 22nd April 2018 - 21st Biennale of Sydney 2018 @ The Art Gallery of NSW

It is my first visit to The Art Gallery of NSW and I'll give it a rating straight way 6/10. I arrive at 1 pm and cloak my bag in. I can see that there are no larger slots left that will fit my small back pack into but the atttendant insists on trying to squish it into one anyway. While doing so my stainless steel Contigo water bottle is knocked out of my front pocket of my backpack and falls head first onto the concrete floor. I can see it will no longer be leak proof. All the attendant does is apologise and puts it half back into the front pocket. I just hope it does not leak all over my back pack and destroys all my electronics and clothing inside my bag as my back pack is not water proof and I hope it doesn't get left behind as well.

I go to the information desk and lodge  formal written complaint and how the attendant was a bit rude as well. Pushed for time I am there to see the 21st Biennale of Sydney 2018 and some of the other art
exhibitions on at The Art Gallery of NSW as well before it closes at 5 pm today.

21st Biennale of Sydney 2018 Artists @ the Art Gallery of NSW




The Exterior of The Art Gallery of NSW






The Interior of The Art Gallery of NSW
























Biennale Archives On Display

1.  Roy Wiggan 👍👍





2. Prabhavathi Meppayyil 👍👍



3. Lili Dujouri


4. Kate Newby 👍👍👍I like this piece more then her pieces on Cockatoo Island.


5. Francisco  Camacho Herrera



6. Luciano Fabro 👍👍👍







7. Eija- Liisa Ahtila










8. N.S. Harsha





9. Samson Young  👍👍👍👍👍My favourite multi sensory art installation. Projection and sound 45 minutes. I managed to sit through 30 minutes or so of it which I videoed. Also refer to Youtube video snippet uploaded




10. Marlene Gilson





11. Miriam Cahn


12. Noguchi Rika




13. Roy de Maistre




14. Riet Wijnen


15. Sydney Ball




16. Semiconductor 👍👍👍👍👍 Equal favourite. Also refer to snipet of video uploaded onto YouTube  and refer to my previous blog and longer YouTube video uploaded of 21st Biennale of Sydney 2018 @ Carriageworks








17. Cercle d'Art  des  Travailleurs  de Plantation Congolaise (CATPC) with Baloji and Renzo Martens ( also refer to video uploaded onto YouTube) 👍👍👍 loved the music in this video




18. Sa Sa Art Projects



19. Oliver Beer

Afterwards a quick visit to the Modern and Contemporary Art Section and Art Express 2018 as well as other general exhibitions. Examples below of the Glorious exhibition




Above work is another art installation by Teamlab who also currently have another interactive art installation Future Park @  the Powerhouse Museum and previously had an interactive art installation @ NGV Triennial Melbourne ( also refer previous blog & video snipet uploaded onto Youtube)






















The above was not part of the 21st Biennale  of Sydney 2018 @ the Art Gallery of NSW but Esme Timbery's other art installation @ the MCA titled "Shellwork Slippers 2008" was and another one of my favourites
(refer my previous blog).



An example of Aboriginal art also on exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW


Art Express a must see at the Art Gallery of NSW - I thought this was more interesting then some of the Biennale art exhibits.

Post script : I picked up my bag around 3 pm from cloaking and my bag was upright on the floor. After I left the Art Gallery and did some grocery shopping I took my stainless steel drink bottle out of the front pocket of my backpack and found a dent at the bottom of it on one side. I emailed The NSW Art Gallery to advise them of this. I am hoping the leak proof properties of it has not been damaged. After writing the above email, the Art Gallery of NSW have offered to replace my drink bottle and I have yet to respond as I can get drink bottle from work.




No comments:

Post a Comment