Saturday 7 April 2018

Sunday 8th April 2018 - Shopping & A Quick Snack In The City

Food Court Below Myers & Below Chicken Burrito From Mad Mex



Below Gozleme King's Chocolate Baklava 

This weekend is a catch up weekend before a day trip down to Canberra for a family event.

Today after doing the usual mundane - cleaning laundry pay bills grocery shopping ( which I really hate doing because everytime I walk into a supermarket I start t cough, sneeze, itch or have some other allergic reaction etc etc. I just did 1 huge shop so hopefully it will last me for 2 weeks ( I freeze portions if I can't use all of them). It is such a task as I kept sneezing at Coles just after having a itchy attack at Aldi. Sometimes I wear a mask especially if I know I am going to be spending some time in the supermarket especially at Coles.

On Sunday it was still really hot and I was thinking of going to the Art Gallery of NSW to continue to see the 21st Biennale of Sydney but decided to go instead shopping mainly indoors around the city.

I started off at Dymocks and purchased a hard cover zippered black case to put my phone in and a financial diary for 2018/2019 then onto UNIQLO to purchase a black top  to wear which I hope will dry in time for tomorrow's family event.

Next a bite to eat then a very quick final grocery shopping and recharging my Opal card at Woolworths which I don't  seem to be allergic to as much.

I purchased a burrito from Mad Mex. How did this compare to Gomez's burritos? I still like Gomez ( closest Gomez in the city is  @ World Square from where I was in Pitt St Mall) better. Mad Mex is a very different tasting burrito and whether it is authentic Mexican I am unsure. I thought Mexican food included a lot of black pinto beans rice and cilantro (corriander) - while it is included in all Gomez's burritos , you have to ask for these things at Mad Mex to be included in your burrito. Rating 6.5/10.


Some dessert next - I was eyeing some baklava whilst I was looking for something to eat and came across some unusual flavours on display salted caramel and the vegan pumpkin & cinnamon. There were also some unlabeled flavoured baklava which I assumed were chocolate - yep they were when I inquired. I returned after finishing my burrito to purchase one to try (yes just one because I know how sweet these can be). One bite and it was just yum! Not too sweet at all , so moist and you can taste it was chocolate flavoured unlike the ones I tried whilst on holidays in Vancouver which were flavourless, dry and so sickly sweet. I finished this single piece of chocolate baklava and my sweet tooth was satisfied no need to eat another 5 pieces to satisfy  it. All thanks to Gozleme King. Rating: 8/10 must return and try the other flavours - they also sell different flavours of Turkish Delight!






No comments:

Post a Comment