Sunday 17 June 2018

Sunday 17th June 2018 - SFF Closing Night & Final SFF Movie Girl

Well another event comes to an end. Final day of Volunteering @ The State Theatre and another movie to sit in on The Guilty however only saw part of it. I was a little late and everyone had already been allocated roles. I asked to do the Dress Circle as I did not really feel like volunteering today and I had not been up there before. Was told they had enough volunteers as a joke and to go home but co ordinator decided I could do Dress Circle with the other volunteer. I think they needed it as it was busier then anticipated. No scanners though.

Whilst I was volunteering a message came up that I had not been signed in on Deputy.
Either it was not working properly or the co ordinator did not sign me in. When I went to sign out the co ordinator said she had signed me in but I had not seen her actually do it.

So glad my last shift is over though. Now some dinner and final movie @ Events Cinemas.

Unsure what to get. I ended up getting a Zen Hen burger and sweet potato chips with some relish from Grilled at World Square. I tend to stick with the same burger (because I don't like red meat burgers)

Currently sitting in Cinema 7 waiting for the movie Girl to start @ 8 pm. There are not many people seeing it but it was a late entry film for the SFF.

Will rate it after I see it. By the way it's a transgender ballet movie.

PS How disgusting are the unisex toliets at Event Cinemas behind the bar - no soap and  no toliet paper either. Oh well if you've  got to go you've got to go. The queue was growing too.


Great movie - all the ballet moves made me dizzy! Very true representation of the life of a ballet dancer especially when Lara takes off her pointe shoes. Reminds me of when I was doing a pointe class overseas by the middle of the class my toe felt as if I had broken it and I was scared it was actually bleeding - luckily no damage done unlike in the movie. It was anticipated what Lara would do towards the end of the movie and I just could not watch this part of it pulling my hoodie over my eyes until that segment of the movie was over. Rating 8/10.



End of another year of The Sydney Film Festival. Definitely not volunteering again next year.




Onto my next event. Can anyone guess  where I am going or what I will be attending next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment