Monday 25 June 2018

Tuesday 26th June 2018 - Winter Swim @ Balmoral Beach

A day off and I have been meaning to do this again for a while but things just kept getting in my way. It is the middle of Winter but the sun is out and it is 16 degrees Celsius air temperature. Great day for a winter swim. Yep another swim at the beach! You can almost swim all year at Balmoral Beach.

The forecast for the week was sunny Monday then overcast with a 40 percent chance of rain for Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. Unfortunately I had to change my plans to go for a swim originally on Monday when someone at work rang and wanted to swap a work day with me so I was hoping that the forecast was yet again incorrect. And yes it was. It was sunny in the morning then looked overcast towards midday but cleared up again in early afternoon and stayed 16 degrees which was just one degree lower then Monday.

For all those wussies out there the water was not cold at all and I should have stayed in a lot longer but the waves are a little rough today. Natural cyrotheraphy although nowhere as cold as the Polar Bear Swim in Vancouver 6 degree C water temperature and between 10 and 12 degrees C air temperature. Water temperature at Balmoral Beach nowhere below 10 degrees C.

I just had a hot shower at the Pavilion and I am all rugged up but am a little warm. I'll go swimming as long as I can have a hot shower there afterwards.

Next grocery shopping and pay my bills.

photos below as I am not the only person going for a swim today! Spot the people in the water.






Thanks everyone I can see half the world is reading my blog at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment