Monday 13 May 2019

Monday 13th May 2019 - The National 2019 : New Australian Art @ The Art Gallery of NSW ( Venue # 2)

After not leaving my studio all day on Sunday, I forced myself to go out. The shower screen man did not turn up today around noon so I left.

After taking the rubbish out, I walked to St Leonard Station had a $1 McDonald's hamburger and boarded a train to Town Hall Station before walking to the Art Gallery of NSW to see The National 2019 : New Australian Art exhibition.










I just didn't  quite get this art installation




favourite # 1 - forget the champagne tower this collection of suspended glassware is much more interesting - a formation of floating glass clouds suspended from the ceiling






favourite # 2 forget the stackable chairs this is IKEA on steroids



































Another interesting glassware art installation - dirty glassware is not a problem
















































Again I have no idea who any of the artists are but I again had my favourites. Some art installations were just a little to out there for my liking or understanding.

Photos above.

Arriving back at Chatswood Station I spotted yet another sign that the annual VIVID event is almost here . Dangling between the back entrance of The District escalators and the escalator from the station concourse up to the bus and taxi ranks at street level was the following interesting but incomplete light installation photo below :




Is this one of the initial projection towers erected around Chatswood I see? Another sign that VIVID is coming soon!


By Sunday 19th May more signs that VIVID is approaching are appearing around Chatswood mainly around Chatswood Interchange & the Chatswood Mall area







No comments:

Post a Comment