Thursday 27 June 2019

Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June 2019 - End of Financial Year Do Nothing On This Weekend

A very rare absolutely nothing on this weekend.

Must buy a new financial year diary and complete my tax return this weekend.
Purchase of new financial year diary done however it is not quite the end of the 2018/2019 financial year so I may have to wait until next week to start doing it. An appointment has been booked with my tax agent in advance to actually lodge it in late July.

OK so I did purchase half a bbq "Peking" duck from Chatswood BBQ & Hot Pot on Victoris Ave on Friday night to have for dinner and left overs the following day. I haven't had one of these for quite a while. Originally I was going to purchase one from the other Chatswood BBQ restaurant down the road however they had sold out that night. I should not be eating them as I am allergic to one or more of the 5 spices they use on them.

You probably know that I love food and I watch a lot of cooking and baking shows. I often watch hours of different food channels. I also love to cook and bake when I have time although I don't like sharing my sweet treats or posting photos of them. I am famous for my brownies , chef tasted 4 ingredient cheesecake  and especially my chef tasted mango, coconut & tapioca pudding.

So on Saturday morning I baked a chocolate brownie in a terrine dish - but it was not just any chocolate brownie , it was a rich dark chocolate, hazelnuts,  whole glaced cherry, candied orange peel and coffee brownie made with 2 eggs, plain flour, a pinch of baking powder, vanilla paste, ground cinnamon, ground cloves,  butter, maple syrup, natural chocolate syrup and a touch of sea salt flakes. It was really fudgey and absolutely yummy - this will keep me going for a few days. I hope to eat this with plain or vanilla yoghart & fresh rasberries or I may make a rasberry panacotta and rasberry jelly if I have time. ( sorry no photos).

I will try and find some photos of things I have cooked or baked in the past to upload on this blog. Here are just some of them.

The Pirate Ship Cake I Made For My Nephew's 4th Bithday ( He Is Now 11)

The Hello Kitty Cake I Made For My Niece's 2nd or 3rd Birthday ( She Is Now 9)

Fresh Cranberry Conserve I Make Whilst 
Overseas 

One Of The Batches Of Plain Brownies I Made For My Work Collegues

Chocolate & Hazelnut Cake I Made In My Early Years On Vacation In My Whistler Apartment

I Believe This Was One of My Chicken Or Seafood Pies I Made With The Top Made Of Fillo Pastry













No comments:

Post a Comment