Thursday 13 June 2019

Thursday 13th June 2019 - VIVID Taronga Zoo ( Projection On Facade Only)

Straight after work I headed to Taronga Zoo by bus train ferry and bus.

This year I decided not to enter Taronga Zoo to do the light walk and  just watch the projection on the facade of the buildings.

VIVID was quite disappointing this year compared to previous years light installations. There were definitely not the crowds at each VIVID precinct as there were in the past and tonight is the 3rd last night of VIVID.

This year I didn't visit Barangaroo  or Luna Park as they looked as if they were a repeat of previous year's light installations.

The trip to Taronga Zoo is quite a long process therefore I decided to go straight after work and take the ferry instead of the bus.

I took a few photos of the harbour lights whilst on the ferry and videoed the entire projection at Taronga Zoo. It did again look like a repeat of previous year's light projection although I wasn't sure. Could someone please find my YouTube video of Taronga Zoo uploaded previous years and compare it to this years projection and tell me?











After viewing the projection it was back on the bus 238 a short ride to Taronga Zoo Ferry Wharf , I  wait with others  for a ferry ( which I was absolutely freezing on) back to Circular Quay and the long train and bus rides back home. Lucky I have a day off from work tomorrow. Home around 10 pm I hope!

No more visits to VIVID precincts - time to concentrate on the rest of June and July which is usually full of interesting things to see and do during the coldest months of Winter.

A few places & events I intend to see do or attend as follows:

Winterfest Blue Mountains - have decided not to go to this this year.
Good Food & Wine Show Sydney
Artesian & Other Markets in Glebe DONE
Drone Opera Carriageworks
End of financial Year visit to my tax agent to lodge my annual tax return ( it has to be done!)





No comments:

Post a Comment