Monday 20 January 2020

Monday 20th January 2020 - Vallea Lumina

Who has been reading my blog when I haven't written anything about it yet? I was still attending the event! Sorry for the delay, I had a fall last night walking down the final downhill section of the event by stepping and slipping on some black ice. I was so careful all night and was almost at the end of the loop when I fell and yes I did draw blood on my left hand which I bandaged up when I arrived back in Whistler. It could have been worse but my backpack with my trusty stuffed possum cushioned my back from the fall. I had worn my yak tracks on over my hiking boots all day and had them with me but did not put them on at night for the duration of the event thinking the trail was well maintained. It was so dark and no flash photography or head lights were allowed.

If you would like to see some footage of it I have already uploaded  just a snipet of the event onto YouTube.

I booked the very first show at 6 pm. This includes a return shuttle to and from the Village Gateloop Coach Terminal to and from Cougar Mountain about 15 minutes drive outside of Whistler Village.

It was fantastic. I rate it a 9/10. Very well organised - I could not give it a perfect rating because of my fall but if you are in Whistler it is a must see anytime of the year. Back at Whistler Village Gate Loop Coach Terminal before 9 pm.

OK back track to what I got upto today. This year will be my first non skiing vacation in Whistler. After 25 years visiting Whistler I decided I had seen and been enough on mountain ie Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains. This year it was time to spend more time around the trails of Whistler and getting closer to nature. I started with a hike around the multiuser trails around Whistler. I spent time around the valley trail past the Benchlands Lost Lake and one of the golf courses. No snowshoeing yet but I had my Yak Traks on. I took heaps of photos touched the trees and spoke to them. I just spent time enjoying the solitude and looking out for any wildlife or lack of except for birdlife. It is only my first weekday in Whistler therefore I will start snow shoeing in the next few days. I probably walked the trails for about 4 or 5 km today excluding the Vallea Lumina loop.

Photos on Facebook.

End of my Monday in Whistler. Beautiful day today - no snow or rain and still loads of snow around.









No comments:

Post a Comment