Sunday 5 January 2020

Monday 6th January 2020 - It Is Finally Raining!!!!

I have never been so excited in my life - it is Monday afternoon and it is my day off. I was contemplating on whether I should go out as it has been overcast and still a little warm all day then 4 pm bang the skies opened up and it is now raining and I hear thunder in the background. The thunder isn't good but the rain is welcome. Let's hope it continues and is substantial and falling all over Australia in the right areas and not just a brief sprinkle like last time!

Those splotches on my window is rain!

4.10 pm - the rain has stopped. Back to square 1.

4.30 pm no sign of more rain. There is still thunder in the background but the rain has not returned. Everything is now completely dry again especially my windows which look as if they were never rained on - they are bone dry!

A liitle before midnight and I am half asleep I hear this crash outsude my window but do not get up immediately to see what had happened. The blue flashing light is keeping me awake so I peep out my window to see a car in the opposite lane stuck around a lamp post halfway on the footpath and halfway  on the road. An ambulance is there and is soon followed by a fire truck.  It is a one person one car accident- how the driver ended up where it was I am unable to figure out - no injuries but the car had to be towed away after the fire truck cleaned up . The car was moved back onto the road the ambulance and fire truck left and the man stood on the footpath waiting for the police and towtruck to arrive to tow his truck away just after midnight. It was not raining therefore the driver did not skid for the accident to occur.

After 1 pm I look out my window again as there is the sounds of sloshing as cars drove past - it is raining very lightly again however just enough to wet the road - there is no downpour to create any puddles on the road. My windows are still dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment