Friday 17 April 2020

Thursday 16th and Friday 17th April 2020 - Another Do Nothing 2 Days

Thursday 16th April 2020
Today I did not go out again but watched tv and did more filing and organising of my stuff.

I fell asleep before Masterchef started. Must be bored or just tired.

Still haven't done my laundry but did wash all my dishes.

Caught up on my blog and had another look through my photo library. Could not find the cable for my very old card reader therefore still have not gone through the rest of my collection of SD and XD cards. Still unable to read at least 2 of my micro SD cards for some reason and they are not that old.

Sunset from my window


Friday 17th April 2020
Finally received my first payment from Centrelink - just enough from the government's welfare payment to cover 1 weeks rent with a few dollars left over to buy food. I would rather be working. I wish things were back to normal. 4 weeks is a very long time to wait for welfare payments - I am lucky I had my LSL to survive on until I received my first welfare payment. I am luckier then a lot of other people. I have not asked for any rent relief from my landlord, telecommunications provider or storage facility. I will probably be evicted by my landlord if I did ask for rent relief although recently the government has tried to pass non eviction laws for commercial and residential properties.

I am watching the SBS Food channel at the moment and just made a cream of mushroom soup. It is difficult not having a kitchen in my apartment. The communal  kitchen and laundry are downstairs and I don't want to use the kitchen as it is disgusting. I am trying to avoid coming into contact with anyone else living in the apartment block to minimise contracting the Corona virus.  My ear is still blocked and my allergies are already really bad so I don't want anymore health issues.

I am cooking everything in my benchtop oven and my smoke alarm keeps going off when it shouldn't as it is very sensitive. I don't even want to try cooking on my portable induction stove I have. Everything I make is slow and low. Tonight I am making a cream of mushroom soup in the oven in a ceramic  pot with a lid slow and low. I blended a punnet of mushrooms water some cream 2 stockcubes some salt snd freshly ground pepper a dash of olive oil a roughly chopped onion a packet of instant rice and a green shallot with a stick blender  making it as smooth as I can before popping it in  the oven. I hope I have seasoned it correctly as originally I was going to take the lazy way out and use just a half packet of French onion soup powder to season my mushroom soup but decided against it as I want to keep any longlife or non perishishable food and drink products for when I absolutely need them eg prolonged or total lockdown, food scarcity/shortage , unable to receive welfare payments or any other desperate situation.

I don't have any bread but will probably add some semi dried mixed herbs chilli flakes or cheese to the soup as a garnish.

I eat my simple dinner and go to bed. Another day over.












No comments:

Post a Comment