Tuesday 14 April 2020

Tuesday 14th & Wednesday 15th April 2020 - I Must Go For Another Walk

I have not been out for another 2 - 3 days now so again dragged myself out for a walk down to Lane Cove and do a small shop at the 2 local supermarkets as I have almost run out of leafy greens and protein.

First stop Coles  then a top up afterwards at Woolworths - oh look a six packet of toliet paper for around $7! ( I think that was the price per packet as the price sign had fallen off) still in a cage and not on the shelves yet and there were not many packets left - at least Coles had some but I did not purchase any today instead I purchased another box of no name tissues for $1 - easier to carry home as I was walking and only had 1 smaller reusuable bag with me.

Still no plain flour although I spotted just 1 or 2 packets of self raising flour on the shelves. No pasta - shelves were empty and just as well I didn't need any. Very similar situation at Woolworths

There was still no wipes except for plenty of boxes and packets of baby wipes, antiseptic, antibacterial, handwash, hand sanitiser etc.

Laundry liquid and powder was limited in stock and antibacterial or laundry sanitizer was also limited in stock. There were quite a few bottles of laundry sanitizer left at Coles however none at all left at Woolworths ( even the Woolworths brand that nobody touched for 2 weeks was now out of stock).

After grabbing what I could at Coles which was only about 4 or 5 items including the very last packet of free range chicken drumsticks , I headed for the checkout then onto Woolworths.

Here I also managed to only grab about 2 items - a packet of beef mince which was about to expire in 2 days - there was quite a bit of mince left. I thought why not as I was going to use it tonight or tomortow anyway and if I don't will freeze it. Unlike chicken lamb and beef can last longer.

Shopping done time to walk home. Getting dark. I could not be bothered cooking dinner therefore ate a punnet of rasberries for dinner.

End of another boring day. Don't know how much longer I can handle this social distancing thing. Loads of people going for  night runs.

Wednesday 15th April 2020
Another day not going out but I did do some filing today and I made yet another chocolate brownie - I think that might be brownie # 3 as I try to bake a brownie a week. May look the same as my other 2 brownies however it wasn't no plain flour so used self raising flour which made it more cake like and used milk chocolate which made it not as dark and fudgey. I had to add a bit more cocao powder and molasses. ( and no that is not the same photo as the one I posted in a previous blog). I added dark chocolate dots, bits of strawberry liquorice, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, glace cherries and mixed candied peel.



Received a text message from one of my "ex work collegues" asking me about the property I am currently renting as her brother is moving and the location I am living in is ideal for him. She is well but bored just like the rest of us. There are only so many chocolates and biscuits you can eat during social distancing or is that social isolation now? I told her that I managed to not eat a single Easter themed chocolate this year - work collegues are a bad influence when it comes to Easter and chocolates - this year we were not working over Easter so I managed to not eat any chocolates - easily!

Watching Masterchef season 11 now I think. New judges and Gordon Ramsey is spear heading the first week with being the guest host of the show. A new format with all returning contestants in the top 12 over all seasons of the show. Very interesting and audience ratings right up aga in. A lot of people commented that it was about time there was a fresh set of judges. The show was getting tired and I am surprised that it was not axed last year. I always agreed with the "Is there anything else left to cook?" comment.

Almost end of another day of boredom and still no payment from Centrelink today.




No comments:

Post a Comment