Thursday 2 April 2020

Thursday 2nd April 2020 - L3 Final Stage of Light Rail Circular Quay To Kingsford Opens & Day 9 & 10 of Joblessness Continued

Today I did nothing again except check the status of my Centrelink application ( which is being processed and estimated first payment is on 13th April about 3 weeks after being made redundant), cooked a chicken and vegetable curry ( sorry no photos - I ate it for dinner) and made a loaf of bread as well as watch Tiktok and The SBS Food Channel.

This is the loaf of bread I am still currently proofing ( 2nd proof). The dough wasn't rising much the first time I had it resting in a ceramic mixing bowl covered in plastic wrap so I popped the bread dough into the residual heat of the oven I had just made a slow cooked curry in and it is rising a lot faster and a lot more now uncovered. I will leave it overnight in the oven and bake it tomorrow. 


It's just after 10.30 pm and another accident along the Pacific Highway, this time the crash was right outside the apartment block outside the drive in drive out parking area driveway. Why do people always have to have an accident around the same time of the night? ( refer previous blog about the 1 car accident across the road from the apartment block). Police still outside, the car is parked in the front parking area and the airbag on driver's side is definitely deployed. This time there looks like 2 cars were involved - one coming out of the driveway in front of the apartment carpark and the other either passing along the Pacific Highway or driving into the driveway into the front parking area. Everyone seems ok. Just had a closer look and neither cars look as if they belong to residents from the apartment block I live in.
11 pm and a towtruck has towed away one of the cars. Have not looked at whether the other car haa driven off or towed away. Well this time the accident was cleared up faster then the previous accident. Both cars have been moved, the tow truck and police have gone, it is now 11.15 pm and there are workmen out the front sawing off a section of a metal barrier next to a tree along the highway's footpath that had been dented. Hopefully they won't be banging and sawing away for too long into the night and early morning. 11.30 pm and the workmen are still outside with 2 trucks - the metal barrier has now been sawn off and a red and yellow safety net barrier has been put up to replace it temporarily. Tradesmen finally leave at 12 midnight. I fall asleep

Above was probably my only bit of excitement for today.

( photo of temporary net barrier the following morning)


Friday 3rd April 2020

First thing I did when I woke up this morning was to check on my proofing of my bread dough - it certainly liked the warm oven overnight and did rise but not very much - maybe I used the wrong flour. I baked the loaf low and slow - not that low and it cooked really nicely but it still did not rise very much. In fact it looked as if it deflated and looked like a cake however when it was still really hot I took it out and it smelt like a loaf of bread although it looked like a slab of cake. I cut it and it had the texture of fresh bread - it was perfect except without the rise. I had half of it with unsalted butter and slices of cheese. It was just like a campfire loaf of bread! It had a perfect crust all the way round and fluffy on the inside so it was not dense like a cake at all.

Speaking of dough. I was just interrupted with a phone call from The Department of Fair Trading refer my previous post on contaminated pizza dough purchased from Woolworths. They have offered me a full refund and replacement product next time I go there - I don't think I want a product replacement now that I can make my own bread dough. I'll just make do with that and make my own pizza dough by just rolling and stretching it out.

The news of today was at 5 am this morning the final stage of the Circular Quay To Kingsford Light Rail L3 ( via the lower campus entrance of UNSW) opened.

Did anyone care? not really as it was completed a year overdue and heaps over budget. It was a very low key opening due to the current situation. It was primarily opened to transport essential services personnel to and from work and was not a time for people to have a fun ride on. I therefore did not venture out to take a ride on it. I am trying to stay away from the Eastern suburbs as much as possible as it is backpackers and students central in that area of Sydney's suburbs.







No comments:

Post a Comment