Tuesday 31 March 2020

Tuesday 31st March 2020 - Day 7 & 8 of Joblessness Continued

Today I did absolutely nothing except watch the SBS Food Channel, YouTube & TikTok.

I did do a bit of cooking - Mexican bean and mince burritos and baked another citrus chocolate brownie. ( which gets better the longer you keep it in the fridge)



No banging hammering or drilling today so I guess the tradesmen finished installing the nbn a day early.

I had posted an ad on Gumtree looking for work and had a response today but whether or not this employer was genuine I am unsure. Sounded pretty dodgy so I have left it for now.

Nice of Centrelink to send me back a response to my inquiry a week ago but when will I get a payment?

I did not venture out for a walk today nor did I go to the supermarkets - I have given up on finding toilet paper. I still have a few rolls left and if I run out can always use my tissues ( the plain white ones not the frangipani fragrance pink ones!) or go to my offsite storage and retrieve my floral or frog printed reserve toliet paper rolls.

I definitely won't run out of food ( maybe just chocolate)  but I do need to buy some antihistamines. Allergies are flaring up - itchy skin and watery eyes mainly but sometimes I sneeze have a runny nose and a non continuous cough which is probably my asthma flaring up.

Today I also messaged my friends around the world  to ensure they were all safe. My South Korean friend is ok and working from home but new cases all the time, my Brazilian friend is ok as her city is in lockdown no new cases, my German friend is ok, my Scottish and English friends seem ok as they are still posting on Facebook and my HK penpal's family are OK but still hundred of new cases. My Canadian friend is in self isolation in Sydney but there are other friends I have not heard back from yet. Just got a message from my friend in France - she is OK as well. Overnight I  just received a message from my friend in the US although she's on Facebook I still sent her a message and she's ok - looks like she is doing great after graduating from the Clinton School of Public Service.

I think I will have a monkey banana or 2 - they taste so good - they were all for my smoothie and banana bread I had planned to make - too late.

Before I go to bed tonight there is a activity called "bear hunting" happening around Melbourne where people placed stuffed animals such as teddy bears in their windows to give kids something to do when they go on a walk with their parents. The aim of the activity was spot these bears by creating  a safe walking trail marked by these bears in windows. I have placed my Billy ( Easter is coming up)  and my possum in my window although the bear hunting activity is not in Sydney yet it will at least spark curiosity.

Shower and bed - tomorrow I plan to empty my trash and at some stage do my laundry.

Day 8 of Joblessness
Another do nothing day except I did go out to empty my garbage armed with a spray bottle of hospital grade disinfectant , dressed in old tracky daks and a long sleeved t shirt and a makeshift mask fashioned out of my bandana. Bag in hand I disinfect the handle and keyhole of  my door, my keys, the outside door and repeated after dumping my rubbish into the garbage bin located in the outside dumpster area. As soon as i get back inside the apartment buolding I disinfect myself and wash my hands. Yuk.

I'm cleaning my entire apartment now. I may go for a walk to a supermarket later. Will see if I can be bothered.

Watched Tiktok again and found a video of a lady using a sanitary pad as a mask. Not a very good video and I actually did the same a few days ago but my method was a bit more sophistocated. Mine stayed on and I used 2 thin panty liners instead of a thick overnight pad. I also had a reusuable washable cloth mask that happened to have a pocket inside it obviously designed to hold some sort of replacable filter pad. I was able to fit overlapped 2 thin panty liners inside this pocket quite perfectly. All I did was removed the liners adhesive backing and stuck them inside the pocket - sticky strip facing outwards not towards my face. I thought this was the most logical as 1. they are breathable 2. the waterproof lining will keep germs in and out. The disadvantage is it still gets a little hot after a while - pads are meant to absorb moisture so you will probably still only have a 40 window of effectiveness.

More food shows - I watched the Come Dine With Me series - it is a bit like My Kitchen Rules a cooking show we have in Australia now 11 years old which competes with Masterchef on another channel although each of their seasons don't overlap on tv - one finishes the next one starts.

Shower & sleep end of another day.






No comments:

Post a Comment