Monday 30 March 2020

Monday 30th March 2020 - Day 6 of Joblessness Continued

Today I started my online course and completed week 1 of it. This was the easy week. Next week will be the more challenging week of the course and it will be the final week of the course.

Today there was more drilling and banging but less hammering which means the installation of the nbn is almost complete. The tradesmen's hours worked here are getting less as well.

I left in the afternoon to search for toliet paper again at yet another 2 supermarkets ( that's 9 supermarkets now!) - still no luck at 2 supermarkets so I walked back to the Woolworths Metro and where there was no toliet paper either but some boxes of tissues so I purchased 2 boxes of it. What's with the boxes of aloe vera and eucalyptus tissues? Plenty of those left that nobody wanted. I had to look behind an empty carton to find 2 boxes of plain tissues -  to think I almost purchased the expensive smaller boxes of Kleenex tissues on the shelf below or the eucalyptus or aloe vera ones!

I also had a look at whether the other supermarkets (Aldi & Coles) had any tonic water - nothing empty shelves and plenty of Soda water again. What are people doing with it all? It's just as bad as trying to find a roll of toliet paper! I asked one of the Coles staff that was restocking the shelves nearby why there is no tonic water and what people are doing with it. He said they are using it as mixers for making cocktailsbefore adding  "Don't you know all the bars pubs and clubs are closed so people can't go out for a drink so instead are making their own drinks and getting pissed at home!"  - I knew that but surely you don't use tonic water to mix all your alcoholic drinks - what's wrong with using plain old soda water? I'm sure all those green, pink or blue "LEMONADES" my parents were making for us to drink as kids was made with Midori ( I don"t think it was Absinthe - I hope not! Maybe that's why I was having all those intense and weird nightmares),  Grenadine or Creme de Menthe were made using soda water or lemonade as a mixer and not tonic water!
( note : it was the 1970's and my father and other relatives and friends owned restaurants).

I don't drink by the way.

I am watching a few cooking shows then sleep again.




No tonic water

empty toliet paper shelves replaced with Easter eggs - who's going to buy them? - nobody wants them.


No comments:

Post a Comment