Friday 27 March 2020

Friday 27th March 2020 - Day 3 - Day 5 Of Joblessness Continued

This has been the longest month of my life and it is still not the end of March!

Fall is now in full swing and it will get cooler soon. Nobody knows how the Corona virus will react as we head towards our Winter as the rest of the Northern Hemispher heads towards Summer. Will the Northern Hemisphere countries have an advantage when it comes to overcoming the Corona virus pandemic or is there no seasonal disadvantage against the Corona virus?

I have now been redundant from my job for 3 days now however I still haven't had much luck completing my final application to get Centrelink payments. Time is ticking and of the 14 days to have to lodge the application  I now only have 11 days left - just as well March is a very long month!! I try day and night to upload supporting documents and it does not help that the landlord decides to organise for the nbn to be installed in the apartment block so everyday starting from Wednesday to next Tuesday there has and will be hammering banging and drilling all day and into the night if necessary. It will drive me crazy. Even putting earplugs in has not helped.

So I am forced to take a walk and get out and about every day. I am calling it my 5 pm walk ( not always the case but it seems to be an afternoon routine  walk)

Today I walked down the opposite direction to another suburb about equal distant away  - again I did not make it all the way down to a place called Pottery Green I think to explore, instead I spent a rather long time at the larger local supermarket.

There was still a pallet of unopened brand named toilet paper of 6 pkt double length with no price on it and it was the only pallet of toilet paper available however it didn't come cheap and when I inquired how much it was I was told around $11. I returned it after saying I don't need that much it would last me months - true I only needed a few more spare rolls and I don't really like fancy stuff, it doesn't seem to flush very well and we were warned from the beginning when all this toilet paper tissue paper towel and wipes hoarding started to be aware of what we flushed down our toilets as they could become clogged and create "fatbergs" and we certainly don't want that to happen. We don't want more people becoming sick due to poor hygiene or sanitation.

I had a good look at what other products were well stocked, low on stock and out of stock and in short supply and the following items were

Plentiful
garbage bags
cheaper bottles of laundry sanitiser
fresh fruit and vegetables
meat and poultry products eg deli meats ( except for any type of mince)
bread and flat breads
honey
jam
alternative types of sweeteners (such as golden syrup, treacle, maple syrup, stevia, molasses
other forms of artifical sweeteners
honey (most types)
chips & other snacks eg nuts
lollies
sweet & savoury biscuits
cheeses
yogharts
kombucha
fresh juices ( except canned or longlife) fresh milk (except for long life)
soya milk & other milk alternatives
yakault
most forms of chocolates including blocks of cooking & compound chocolate (except for plain blocks of milk or dark)
tinned beans
fresh fish
fresh chicken
fresh lamb
all fresh pork products especially bacon and sausages
sausages ( except lamb and beef)
most non antibacterial cleaning products
batteries
candles
airfreshers
haberdashery
underwear
pantyhose
socks
petfood
stationery
garden supplies
matches
torches
bottled water and soft drink ( except tonic water)
bar soap
shampoo
conditioner
moisturiser
body wash
toothpaste
butter blends and butter alternatives

Limited
white sugar
plain flour
antibacterial cleaning products
lasagna sheets
baby wipes ( wet but not antibacterial or toliet flushable wipes)
mouthwash (alcohol free)
pain and fever medication
cold and flu tablets
feminine hygiene products
boxed and packet cake and baked product mixes
chocolate bars ( especially dark)
pure butter  blocks ( especially unsalted)

Empty Shelves
self raising flour
pasta (all types except gluten free)
tonic water ( all types still out of stock)
hand sanitiser
antibacterial wipes ( even cleaning wipes)
toliet paper
paper towels
tissues
antibacterial (sprays wipes and liquid)
antiseptic
disposable gloves
tea tree  & eucalypus oils
mouthwash (alcohol)
tinned corn beef
antibacterial or germ killing soap bars and hand wash (liquid and foam)
mince ( all chicken turkey lamb and beef)

I have not exhausted my list above. I am still trying to get some of my items from my shopping list from 2 weeks ago. Now if I go to a different supermarket I grab what I can if I see it from my 2 week old shopping list. Last time there was 1 box of tissues that were not the cheapest type that noone seemed to want so I took it thinking I didn't really need it and put it down briefly only to keep it as I have not been able to get my hands on any toliet paper fir over a week. Still not a single bottle of tonic water on shelves - soon there will be no gin as well as distillers are switching  towards distilling alcohol  to make hand sanitiser. Also see a Facebook post about making zero proof gin using tonic water  - so that is where the tonic water is going- can't get real gin make a fake one yourself!

Another supermarket full of empty shelves where the bottles of Tonic Water should be!

When I came out of  the supermarket ( as it was about to close) after asking for directions on how to get onto street level through it's carpark - it was dark and I was a little lost not having been to this shopping village before. I eventually found my way back onto the main road and headed straight home. You know how you look out for landmarks to guide you when you visit new places - I spotted the cute little pizza store and restaurant that I passed on my way to the supermarket and that made me realise that I was heading in the right direction onto the main road.

Even with the installation of the nbn continuing until Tuesday , to lessen my boredom I enrolled to do an online computer coding course with Future Learn. I think it is free. I haven't studied with them for about 1 or 2 years now. ( refer my previous blog on AI). Course starts Monday.

Day 4 of Joblessness ( Saturday 28th March) - I did absolutely nothing except sleep cook eat and watch tv).

Day 5 of Joblessness ( Sunday 29th March) - I had to get out. After eating, cooking and eating , I hot bored of watching tv , facebook and youtube so went for a walk down to the  train station and the supermarket there. I found a few more things on my shopping list but still no toliet paper, tissues, paper towels I needed. I could not even find fruit leather or blocks of dark chocolate but I did find Yakault, head and shoulders conditioner and canned corn beef. I also purchased a bag of spinach and flat bread .

Installed tiktok and started watching that. A little more interesting then facebook although I'll probably be bored of that soon. I have given up on instagram and twitter already.

Sleep again.






No comments:

Post a Comment