Friday 13 March 2020

Friday 13th March 2020 - HIA Home Show & ( Bonus!) The Mind Body Spirit Festival @ ICC Darling Harbour

I finally got out of bed and went to The HIA Homeshow @ the ICC Darling Harbour. Rating 5/10 Boring! I don't think this will be an exhibition I will be attending again.

I only went to look at the tiny houses but did have a look at a few other stands - light features custom made from real deer antlers, tables and presentation boards made from recycled railway sleepers and the Woll Titan cookware stand. There wasn't much to see really. The hall was half empty - no queues no crowds - I hope Saturday will be better.























Tiny House #  1 - I like the layout of this tiny house however it was a bit squishy to get to the walk in wardrobe and ensuite in the main downstairs bedroom. I didn't like the low overhead and location of the ladder to the loft which I probably would not need except for storage or a study area as it would be difficult to get a bed or anything large or heavy up there even with the adequate overhead height in the loft.






Tiny House # 2 - this was not a very nice tiny house at all. I did not like (and did not even attempt to climb up to the loft) the ladder location to the loft which was the only sleeping area as there would not been enough room for a fold out bed in the dining/lounge area downstairs. The toilet looks very close to the kitchen area which I did not like either. As you walk into the kitchen area you can see the toliet next to the fridge! Cheap finishes except for maybe the bathroom.



I liked the look of the houses from this company however I don't think they fell into the category of tiny houses and did not have any display houses to walk into to have a look at.











Tiny house #3 - It did not look very appealing from the outside as it looked as if the budget ran out and half the house is incomplete. On the inside the first thing I noticed was the kitchen and bathroom area. The biggest problem was the very tiny and squishy bathroom. The shower door was so close to the toliet seat I could not fully open it to get into the shower which is a big problem. The sink is also very close to the toliet and shower. The kitchen is adequate however the cavity for the microwave or was that suppose to be an oven in that space? also looked incomplete and the materials used looked rather cheap as well - perhaps another budget issue. There was one veey nice touch to this split level tiny house that neither of the other 2 had and that was an amazing staircase to the loft bedroom. The loft clearance was a little lower  but adequate however the nice window next to the bed was a very nice touch where other loft areas did not include.









This single storey house made by Tafe students was beautiful although it did not qualify as a tiny house it was the most beautiful house on display, it was a 2 bedroom house with a nice sized central lounge area, L shaped kitchen and 1 bathroom. 










Tiny house # 4 - I loved the interior of this tiny house in the way it was laid out and very spacious however where is the kitchen? There was a sink but no stove top or refridgerator or oven. Also unsuitable as a tiny house as there are too many windows and doors and it is all wooden therefore unsuitable except as a pool house in the backyard or studio in a backyard but not a tiny house.

As I walked from aisle to aisle , I reached an entrance to an adjoining hall thinking it was a continuation of the HIA Homeshow. I spot a sign which I misread as Media or Mediation Room which was in fact pointing to the Meditation Room before realising it was actually the free Mind Body Spirit Festival.








No crowds today!


Being my very first visit to The Mind Body Spirit Festival, I did not know what to expect. I actually like the festival - I spent more time looking at everything in this hall then I did at the HIA Homeshow. Although not my thing I would rate it at least a 6/10. There were some really interesting stands like the giant Teepee where you could enjoy a sound bath in ( basically drums) for $10. No I did not try this. I have been inside enough Teepees overseas and I could hear the drums from outside the Teepee.



Then there was the rather large area dedicated to tarot readers and readings - it was huge! No I didn't try this either - I didn't even ask how much a tarot reading cost.



Onto trying some German barefoot shoes. So nice and comfy but at $150 - $250 a pair I think I will give it some research before purchasing a pair!



There were crystals galore as well as books, hemp, weird teas and hemp drinks, juicers, drink bottles, ecofriendly products, jewellery, tie dye clothing, even wine( I think organic)  , crepes, fry pans ( ceramic), turmeric powders, nougat, even yoghart!






I picked up some free iron supplement samples made in Germany before an attempted Happy Science member tried to draw me in to their "cult" which I quickly walked away frtom as they actually spooked me.

How about getting your Aura photographed for $55? Gee if you got in early enough in your particular occupation you could have had it done and displayed at Carriageworks in the art installation currently showing by Kate Mitchell for free! ( refer my previous blog).


There were various bodies laying on tables wrapped in blankets in various states of "consciousness" - had they been hypnotized? They looked so relaxed and asleep that they looked dead!

I look at my watch and it is 6 pm almost yet there are quite a few people hanging around. I certainly am not - time to go home.

Groceries on my way home - no surprise there is not much left on the supermarket shelves of Woolworths Metro Chatswood again - no wipes no toliet paper no disinfectant no tissues no flour no pasta no handwash probably no laundry sanitiser or laundry  detergent as well and the freezer section is looking half full as well.

I grab whatever pizza is left a few white nectarines, a small bottle of water and a block of non lactose cheese. I was going to get a loaf of bread and corn chips but those can wait until tomorrow.

Home - another adventure tomorrow perhaps?!

Just looked at the weather forecast which is rain and have decided to postpone my next adventure especially the prebooked ferry ride from Olympic Park Wharf to Cockatoo Island for the opening day of the Sydney 2020 Bienale Nirin as it is an outdoor event.

There won't be anything for me to blog about soon as events after events are cancelled due to the Corona virus. At least 2 major annual events in Sydney have been cancelled VIVID and The Royal Easter Show along with Melbourne's Good Food Month being postponed which means that I may not be going down to Melbourne this Friday for Take The Cake although I have been advised by the NGV by email that it is still on - there are no trains going directly from Sydney to Melbourne in both directions therefore I can only fly down and I hate flying!




No comments:

Post a Comment