Friday 6 March 2020

Saturday 7th March 2020 - Almost 1 Year In Greenwich

Attention to readers of my blogs - please don't read them as soon as they are posted as you will be disappointed. I blog when I can therefore you will miss out on photos and information I post at a later date. I have noticed a huge slump in the number of people reading my blog but I expect this due to what has happened and is still happening around Australia and around the world. I always said that 2019 was a bad year and it looks like 2020 will be another bad year but with every bad year(s) there will be good years to follow we all just have to hang in there until the worst is over.

I really should be going out on my days off from work but just don't want to face the crowds especially in supermarkets. I do need groceries ( not toliet paper thank goodness!) but just can't be bothered. I could wait until tomorrow on my way home from work.

Anyway difficult to believe that I have been living in Greenwich for almost a year now. It is not the best location but it will do for the time being. My dream would be to find a tiny block of land close to public transport and build a tiny house on it to live in permanently. A tiny house is all the trend now. If only I owned the block of land I am on now ( but not the building) , I would knock it down and build my tiny house on it. The block of land I am living on is tiny and used to be an old hotel. Everyone seems to be moving out of it - Is the landlord trying to sell it? If so I haven't been given the required 30 days notice as per my contract to move out. I think I am probably the only person that has been living here for 12 months plus. Apartment # 7 across from me looks like they have moved out but they could be just apartment swapping or just making a large amount of noise - the previous tenant of apartment #7 just moved downstairs to apartment # 1A which is slightly larger and has an accessable ramp on the ground floor in case they need it.


My stuffed animals are still on my bed


Anyway I have sent another email to the landlord and await a response. I have also kept in contact with the Department of Fair Trade as I did not receive a response to my previous email from my landlord in regards to whether they were receiving my weekly rent payments as they had accused me of not having paid my rent for 3 weeks and threatened to issue me with a termination notice. I may be sweet but when it comes to my consumer rights I don't let anyone take advantage of me - I am one tough cookie - mess with me and you will end up in court!

This year I have already made complaints against the banks I am with and the private health insurance fund I am with. I have lodged my complaints to Fair Trading & The Banking & Finance Association but have yet to write another formal follow up letter to the banks and private health insurance.

OK let's talk about my plans for next weekend. Apart from work I have planned to view the tiny homes ( not at St Ives Showground this weekend as I don't want to pay the $25 entry fee) at the free entry HIA Home Show at the ICC Darling Harbour and take a trip out to Olympic Park Wharf to catch an old ferry to Cockatoo Island for the Nirin Biennale 2020. That's my plan anyway but I hate early starts. Unsure what to expect at this year's Biennale as it is completely different to previous Biennales.

To be continued....




No comments:

Post a Comment