Sunday 13 June 2021

Monday 14th - Sunday 20th June 2021 Week 64 Of Under Employment & Working Over The Qwueen's Birthday Long Weekend

Monday 14th June 2021

Myer 11 am - 4 pm 

It's the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday Monday and I'm working ( note the Queens actual birthday is in April but for some reason it is always celebrated in June each year). Myer is open from 10 am - 5 pm today.

My stock shift from 8 an - 4 pm has been cancelled for tomorrow. So I guess I now have 2 days off.

Well today the pressure was on for me to sign up a customer to a Myer One membership after the team leader and team member I want to be a team leader both signed one customer up each. Done.

A few big sales as again today but none beat my 2 previous large sales.

The one significant thing that happened today which I really had no interest in was team member I want to be a team leader was nominated once again as customer first champion however because she was recently nominated she was ineligible to be renominated so the baton was passed onto me which I really did not want because I didn't get nominated fair and square and because I have no interest in such recognitions. Never had never will. I just Don't believe in them and they do nothing to motivate me at my job. I actually hate being nominated. The questionaire to be completed the photo on the wall - I don't care for it- everyone knows who I am at work.

Our customer service manager is back tomorrow. Team member ticket girl is on but she thinks she is not on stock but on service.

I Don't mind my shift being cancelled and given to her as I need a few days off and she wasn't asked to work over the long weekend but her brother was! When I asked him what his sister was doing today he said "Probably twiddling her thumbs at home!" Maybe I should have suggested that the Customer First Champion for this week be given to him!

I saw the guy living downstairs in unit 1A actually come out of his apartment this morning as I was leaving for work going to the rubbish area. He was wearing sun glasses and looked as if he had aged a lot and even walked like an old man. 

I did not take my rubbish out until late at light after I got home. 

Finishing at 4 pm today I was able to do a bit of grocery shopping and get home before 7 pm for once. That 280 bus from Warringah Mall to Chatswood sure isn't frequent and takes forever to get to Chatswood! There is no way it takes just 40 minutes more like an hour one way.


Tuesday 15th June 2021

I was suppose to work today at Myer 8 am - 4 pm on stock however my shift was cancelled at the llast minute . Typical of Myer especially on Tuesday shifts.

So today is a sleep in and do nothing day today.

Catch up on things like washing dishes making myself a tuekey burger catching up on my blog a nd looking into my next holiday but with caution.

Nice to see that JJ Time received my parcel. I get quite a lot of "airtime" on their Mail Box Mondays YouTube Vlogs. It's a great channel for those who have not watched it, they are the best American family with a special needs child and and a 7 month old baby. Both of the kids are just so cute and so well loved. You may not know them but you just want to give them all a hug. They don't have any sponsors on their channel and just appreciate everything in life. That's why I love watching their channel.

Wednesday 16th June 2021

So much to do.

Needing more change for laundry today, I ventured out to return my 8 bottles for recycling and get some more change.

A quick shop at Woolworths Metro for light snacks before heading off by bus to Lane Cove Acquatic Centre for a swim. Burger - so cold so I spent most of my time in the heated hydrotherapy pool doing my exercises before heading into the kids pool which was slightly cooler then taking a final plunge into the 25 m indoor pool for a very quick sip. Out, hot shower dry off and clothing change befire heading off to The Canopy to Aldi & Coles - ma ybe just Coles. 

Home to do my laundry  and  prepare for my waste of time 4 hour shift tomorrow from 11 am - 3 pm. 

It's 5.45 pm and I received a text message to start at 10 am instead tomorrow.

Thursday 17th June 2021

What a stuffed up day I had at Myer. Besides having my start time changed at 5.45 pm yesterday. I was asked to stay back until 3 pm today so I worked from 10 am - 3 pm without a break. I needed to go to the bathroom and was only gone for 2 minutes but got a talk from the customer service manager for leaving the Homewares counter ( I actually went to the Electricals counter to see if the team leader was there but there was no or there) . I have left the Homewares counter to go down to the reserve or assist a customer in another area many times before and have never been told off for doing so. I checked my Kronos and it had not changed from a 10 - 2 shift therefore I made it known to the operations manager that I was asked to stay until 3 pm today but Kronos had not recorded this change. 

I feel like ripping down the stupid customer service champion photo of me for this week. I never wanted it and any of these nominations from Myer mean absolutely nothing to me.

I really need to find a new job. It is not ok for managers to verbally abuse me just as it is not ok for customers to verbally abuse me.

I really think Myer has a people and cultures issue as there is high staff turn over. One of the nicest managers downstairs has actually resigned. When I asked why - I was told it maybe due to there being too many chiefs. I am not at all surprised.

Other news - how can Myer have been awarded department store of the year? This is just bullshit. I still get customers telling me there is no one around to serve me and how shit the customer service is. 

Time to write to Mr King and tell him how out of touch he is and how I have been and am treated as an employee at Myer.

Friday 18th June 2021

Big confusion again over who was on in Homewares today and from what times. I was rostered on service from 11 am - 6 pm originally and thought team ticket girl was also on as it is Super weekend again and we stay back t restock and put tickets up. However I can't stay back until 6 pm on Fridays as it takes me far too long to get home after 5.30 pm and I advised the operations manager of this previously yet I am still being rostered on until 6 pm. So the team leader was also on until 6 pm and team member ticket girl's brother from Electricals was rostered on until 5.30 pm in Homewares where he felt uncomfortable working in. The strange ting was team member ticket girl was rostered on stock from 12 - 6 pm. So team member ticket girl's brother kept ringing her to swap as he could handle stock. They had to wait for the official ok before they could do the swap. In the meantime team member ticket girl's brother was serving in Homewares. 

In the time he was I Homewares he didn't actually serve much as a fellow team member from Electricals on stock duties calls him away to do some secret guy's business quoting " I need help and only you can help me"  Sounding very suspect already and curious as to what this may involve. 

Upon his return to Homewares I had a customer who wanted to purchase a L/XL fluffy navy Sheridan bathrobe for a male and the one we had was only a M/L so the team leader grabbed ticket girl's brother and advises the customer he's a model who can try it on for you as they don't come in a L/XL. Quite amusing to watch as he strutted around with it on along the aisle behind the POS counter and the customer informs us that he was not quite big enough therefore we suggested she look for robes in the Menswear department that are larger. I told ticket girl what she missed and she really wanted to see her brother modelling that robe.

So the swap between siblings took place however as the day went on team member ticket girl saw no sign of her brother on the floir doing stock duties and neither had I. We both began to wonder where he was. 

Later I bumped into a VM team member who asked when I was having my lunch break - who knows I didn't even get to have a toilet break let alone a 15 minute break yesterday. I ended up having lunch way past 2 pm today and found out from the VM team member where the 2 guys were - they were both fiddling with the tv displays in the corner. When I told her about the secret guy's business that went on this morning she told me how she was ousted out when she asked if they needed any help - it was really a 2 man job as some of the fixtures and fittings in the tv area re really heavy. I tell ticket girl about where her brother was. Secret guy's business indeed!

Well we killed the number of Myer One sign ups in the Homewares department today 2 groom me 2 from team member ticket girl and 3 from the team leader.

A customer tells me that she works for Transport NSW - she sees me wearing a mask and advises masks are again mandatory on public transport for the next 5 days from 4 pm today due to another outbreak of COVID in the Eastern suburbs

I leave at 5 30 pm and take 2 of the 3 ipads with me to sign back in. One had gone walkies again.

Saturday 19th June 2021

Myer 10 am - 6 pm service.

It's Super Weekend again along with the continued Stocktake Sale.

The customer service manager is on this weekend when she is usually not. 

It was so busy but I did not sign up any customers to the Myer One membership today. Reason probably because almost all the customers I served were already members.

We were made to sign by the customer service manager today a document in relation to our use of  our Myer One card to receive a team member discount. The conditions were that we were not to abuse this privilege by allowing our friends and relatives to use our Myer One membership in order to get the team member discount. I told the customer service manager that I don't even have anyone to give my team member discount to and her response was neither had she. This was pretty ironic as I had just done a phone order for a team member who has been with Myer for decades from the cosmetics department downstairs for a batch of navy towels and hand towels for one of her friends in QLD using her Myer One card for a team discount.

In the past 2 weeks I now done a total of 4 phone orders. I also did one for a lady in the country for demi cup and saucer sets.

Most of my time today was spent either with my ear glued to the phone or dealing with difficult customers who had been abandoned by the Electrical team leader. I just could mot shake these customers off. I was again verbally abused by the customer service manager for spending too much time with the customers and how I could not do this with no other team member behind the Homewares counter. Not my fault the customers were abandoned and dumped onto me by the Electricals team leader. When I left them to browse, they sought me out again and flagged me down for my attention again.

One elderly customer I spent a lot of time with looking for a quilt and quilt cover had chosen a quilt and when I put it behind the counter for her decided she wanted a Super King instead of the King she chose. The customer service manager jumped in intercepting me and took over the customer promptly going down to the reserve and grabbing her a Super King quilt. It was put through the POS system promptly to get the customer out of the door. I said to the customer service manager that you know she will return it all on Monday and responded with a possibility that she will.

Sunday 20th June 2921

Day off.

Unwell did not venture out today at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment