Monday 21 June 2021

Monday 21st June - Sunday 27th June 2021 - Week 65 Of Underemployment & No Plans

Monday 21st June 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock. 

I thought I knew what I had to do today but the customer service manager had other plans.

There is a print out of all items on sale for each day that the team leader had compiled for 2 weeks and all I had to do was restock what was on these lists but no the custoner service manager told me to ignore the list completely and do what she wanted me to do ie move stock she wanted to move around and finish off anything she abandoned. Yep it is like this everytime she is on when I am doing stock.

I ended up not having lunch until 2.45 pm and I finished at 4 pm.

I was still serving a customer after 4 pm before finishing today.

Last minute addition of a shift for tomorrow as the team keader for Homewares is sick but when I asked when she wanted me to come in she could not tell me so I had to look on Kronos. So I looked and am on tomorrow from 12 noon - 5.30 pm. I can at least sleep in a bit as stock really tires you out.

I asked the girls in cosmetics when the last day was for the Cosmetics manager and was advised 8th July 2021. The reasons as to why he was leaving were different. He actually told me he wanted to be closer to his family who were interstate and how he had been with Myer now for 6.5 years and it was time to move on. We suggested he may want to be a flight attendant but he was sure that he did not want to work in retail. Whereas the rumour was that he was a bit fed up with too many chiefs amongst the managers. So true! I think he is everyone's favourite manager at least team ticket girl and mine.

Oh dear my customer service overall score was 87% and it took me so long to get there now it has dropped back to 84% because a customer gave me a 5/10 on Sunday which needs a please explain as the comment made no sense and was as if the customer did not speak English yet they gave an overall 10/10 with a goid service comment - yep???. Monday I received yet another 10/10 customer service feed back score which means nothing to me as the whole Myer Metrics system is just wrong. 22  x 10/10 customer seevice feedback scores  in less then 12 months is actually not a bad effort with about 3 9/10 but one each of 4, 5, 7 & 8/10 with a please explain once again.

Ticket girl's brother is Customer Service champion this week - I think tgey are running out of team members to give the weekly recognition to! I texted ticket girl last week and suggested I give it to her brother funny enough.

We need to complete the How We Work At Myer Online Training ( more like How We Don't Work At Myer!)  again and it should take 20 minutes unpaid - according to ticket girl and I it took much longer then that.

Tuesday 22nd June 2021

Day off - not anymore.

Myer 12 noon - 5.30 pm last minute shift added to Kronos due to the team leader calling in sick.

What a busy day today - tickets to come down and tickets to go up and no time to do it.

I needed some change for the laundry  so withdrew $20 from a ATM before going into the nearest Seven Eleven to buy the smallest slurpee/slushie for 80 cents. I have only had one slurpies/slushies previously and it was a very long time ago. They probably aren't very popular in Winter therefore I had to ask the staff member on duty how to use the slurpie/slushie machine as I had trouble pulling the lever across. The staff member pulls the lever which indeed is a little stiff but as he does I get a shock and jump back a bit as the slushie comes flying out. "Is this normal?" I asked as it spits and spurts out  - his response was that it depends on the whether - as the slurpee/slushie mixture came out of the nozzele some did land on the floor and onto me but most of it landed in my paper cup where it should be. It was sure frozen - it remained a slurpee/slushie hours after I arrived home! It was quite nice although a little sweet. I tried the low sugar yellow passion fruit pineapple flavour. I nearly went for the bright orange blood orange flavour but it was not labelled as low sugar. I don't think I will buy a slurpee/slushie again though as it is still too sweet for me. Definitely as sometimes treat.


Wednesday 23rd June 2021

Day off

Today I did absolutely nothing .

I slept in washed the dishes had a shower ate a lot watched YouTube channels and The Food Channel paid bills and did my laundry.

I am disappointed due to a COVID cluster that the Good Food & Wine Show scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled again  and moved to September 2021. I had a ticket to go on Sunday way in advance - oh well that's COVID for you.

I don't dare travel by bus to Bondi Junction to my storage unit and there is absolutely no way I am going to my PO Box to empty out my mail located in the Westfield carpark!

Border closures again and I am suppose to be going on leave on 9th - 12th July 2021. I had asked for this leave back in January 2021. I have not made any bookings yet as you never know what is going to happen. I am desperate to get out of Sydney.

Message on the What's App Group Chat to check Kronos as shifts have changed for this week - yep tomorrow is now from 10 am - 4 pm and not 10 am - 2 pm. 

Masks from 4 pm yesterday indoors now mandatory. Anyone that visited Westfield Bondi Junction last week is to get tested and self isolate.

Poor team member ticket girl has been hounded on the What's App group chat for mot even congratulating her brother for being this week's Customer Service Champion ( or whatever it is called now) by the customer service manager - I wish she would just leave us alone on our days off. It is ticket girl's day off today. We were both asked to work on Tuesday even a half shift on Wednesday but we both said no because we needed a day off - we both did Myer a favour and worked Tuesday already so there was no way we were going to work Wednesday as well. I made a comment on ticket girl's behalf congratulating her brother online before texting her that I had done so. I hope people know what "per" means.

Thursday 24th June 2021

Myer 10 am - 4 pm - shift changed from original 10 am - 2 pm shift . Team member ticket girl also had a 10 am - 2 pm shift originally which was changed to 11 am - 7 pm for today. Both our shifts were last minute changes yesterday afternoon.

One on One  with customer service manager - emphasis on my recent poor customer feedback scores of 4/10 and 5/10. If we get these scores we  are FORCED to watch a series of videos on customer service and report back on whether they helped. This is company policy. I have until the end of this week to do so. So the reason for my low scores is I reported to the customer service manager is there seems to have been a total of 4 incidences of racism towards me which I brushed off . The customer service manager said that I should have reported this as it is not tolerated at Myer and that I should call a manager if this happening .  

I can't even be sick for a day without being hounded by Myer. I still ha can't had a chance to complete the "The Way Myer Works" online refresher course we were suppose to complete! Do Myer not know that everyone DOES haave a life outside of Myer? Obviously not! 

Everything is cancelled and postponed. Tonight's Powerhouse Musuem up late Eucalytusdom, Saturday's Sydney Dance Company's open Day & Sunday's Good Foid & Wine Show. Alk due to the latest COVID out break.

Towels towels and more towels. How can Myer keep track of their stock when it is so messy? I found half a dozen very old Australian House & Garden face washers buried under loads of towels in the reserve which are on clearance for 70 cents each!

Team member ticket girl and I are both buying them therefore I put our names on them and put then in the cupboard behind the Homewares counter. I didn't have a chance to have a break at all today not even a toilet break therefore had a 3 minute break just before my shift ended at 4 pm today. Not enough time to purchase my face washers - it was go to the toilet or use the time to not have a break but buy the face washers.  No time to do both and I wasn't staying back beyond 4 pm today therefore decided to purchase the face washers on Saturday which is my next shift.

Friday 25th June 2021

Day off

Sick day

I can't even be left alone by Myer to be sick receiving a text message to ask if I could start at 9 am tomorrow instead of 10 am. I did not respond this time. It depends on whether Sydney goes into another lockdown doesn't it? What if I can't get to work by 9 am?

A huge red Auction sign has finally been errected outside the apartment building. Yes it is up for sale and I was verbally notified of this during the last fire inspection however no letter has been received as advised I would be 14 days before the building is about to be placed on the market. I cleared my mail box and checked my emails - nothing from the landlord or property management company.  I wonder how much they want for the property?

Another bill paid today and a letter written to Centrelink in regards to not being able to continue reporting my fortnightly income online.

Saturday 26th June 2021

Myer 10 am -  3 pm original shift. Changed at the last minute by text message yesterday by the customer service manager to 9 am - 2 pm.

No trouble getting to work this morning - the 144 took a bit of time to arrive and there was a connecting Bline bus in front of it which I ran for with another passenger almost getting the doors of the Bline bus slammed in the face as I was about to hop onto it right behind the other passenger who managed to get onto the bus in front of me. Really?! 

As soon as I arrived I placed my letter to Centrelink into the mail box as I again could not report my fortnightly income online due to The Salvation Army Employment Plus putting my payment on hold due to not attending their appointment. I am getting tired of this. I don't even get regular fortnightly payments from Centrelink, I am just continuing to report my fortnightly income in the event my casual employment ends otherwise it's another 3 months wait to get Centrelink payments.

Well what do you know. How ironic Sydney goes into lockdown for 2 weeks from tonight and Myer stores around Sydney are closing for the next 2 weeks. All casual employee's shifts have been cancelled and only permanent staff have been kept on. I checked my phone and get missed phone calls messages Group Chats etc about this. I check Kronos and yep all shifts have been cancelled for the next 2 weeks. 

To make things worse I am going on leave from 8th - 12th July 2021 inclusive. I had booked this time off since January 2021. I think I have to cancel 9th - 12th July 2021. Not the 8th July as this is my dermatologist appointment which I have waited over a month just to get in.

Sunday 27th June 2021

Day off 

 I had a pre purchased general admission ticket to attend this year's Good Food & Wine Show for  today's all day session. With another outbreak of COVID in Sydney and in the Eastern suburbs I am a little hesitant to go. 

I was suppose to to to Melbourne for the Cake Bake & Sweet Show and the Finders Keepers Markets from 9th - 12th July 2021 but I believe these 2 events have been cancelled and postponed possibly due to the last Merlbourne lockdown which has now ended and which may now happen in NSW. Borders are starting to close again.

I stayed at home and did absolutely nothing today. 

Well what do you know it was announced today that Greater Sydney Wollongong Shellhabour & the  Blue Mrs are now in lockdown for an entire 2 weeks until at least 9th July 2021.

There sure is a lot of traffic outside for a lockdown! Phone calls and text messages to advise that all shifts for casuals have been cancelled for the next 2 weeks of lockdown. Myer stores around Sydney are closed except for click & collect. All permanent staff are still working though. I don't know why as Kmart is still open with limited capacity.  Oh well. 

No plans for the next 2 weeks of lockdown in Sydney either. It's just not safe to go anywhere due to COVID.

No comments:

Post a Comment