Tuesday 8 June 2021

Monday 7th - Sunday 13th June 2021 Week 63 Of Under Employment & Doritos Top Secret Test Flavour 855

Monday 7th June 2021

Myer 8 am - 4 pm stock all day.

Pretty boring really. Lost count of how many cages of stock I actually unloaded onto the floor today.

New shift was added to Kronos this morning at the last minute when I checked for tomorrow my day off. Not really happy about it.The manager on duty today made sure I knew about this very last minute shift - of course I knew about it!

When I told a team member from Electricals who was also on stock duties about this extra last minute shift the cheeky bigger told me that it was actually his shift thast he could not work ( more like that he didn't want to work!)

I asked him if he could work a waste of time 4 hour shift next Thursday for me as I didn't want to work this shift and he said no can do as he has TAFE on Thursdays.

Tuesday 8th June 2021

Myer 10.30 am - 5.30 pm service

A very busy day today but not without dramas.

An old lady I spent a very long time with was being a little racist towards me and she was not the only one. I had a elderly mainland Chinese woman being a little rude towards me after she asked me in Mandarin if I spoke Mandarin and when  I said replied with a no she refused to be served by me. Another elderly Chinese man also asked if I spoke Chinese and I responded with a Cantonese only. After speaking to him in Cantonese and assisting him in getting the best deal in electric blankets for him he also was a little rude towards me serving him wanting me to leave him alone.

Onto a more pleasant customer. It was really busy and there was no one available in the Homewares department to serve an elderly visually impaired customer so the store manager stepped in as he does from time to time - bless him he tries his best but does not have the product knowledge. So when he led this customer upto to the Homewares counter I served her with 2 pillow protectors and 2 Denton pillows. We had a great little chat and when I asked how she came about to be served by the store manager , the customer said how sweet he was and that he should do it more often!. I totally agree undercover boss. Far too many managers are out of touch with what happens with front of house service. A good manager is a hands on manager not one that is chained to his desk or office all day every day.

Wednesday 9th June 2021

Myer  10 am - 5 30 pm service

Another very busy day as it is the Myer stocktake sale.

My biggest last minute sale of tiday was a customer who purchased over $1000 worth of home decorator items. She had come in previously whilst I was on service and had already purchased  about $500 worth of MW crockery off me. I joked and asked her if this was phase 2 of her shop? Out of all the crockery she purchased ( which were only randomly checked) there was only 1 boxed tea for one missing a saucer, 2 chipped violet side plates and 1 chipped creamer & sugar pot set which were all exchanged. Not bad! This purchase of decorator items was a Tetris packing it all into a trolley challenge! It all fit in the end into a full sized shopping trolley with the help of a few byo shopping bags.

I was surprised ticket girl on stock duties today all day but she still masnsged to get 70% plus Myer One scan rate asslong with team member I want to be a team leader who was stationed in electricals today. Apparently me and the team leadee managed to get a Myer One scan rate of 80% plus! Yet we are still being pushed daily to sign up 1 custoner to a Myer One membership daily. 

Electric blankets, throws, flanelette sheet sets flying out the door with demand almost outstripping supply.

Home on the 280 bus then 144 bus home. So tired. I still have to work tomorrow. .

Thursday 10th June 2021

Myer 10 am - 3 pm service

Today I was reduced to tears from being badly abused by customer for an incorrect discount advertised on a men's knitwear  which automatically comes up on the POS or was it just another racist attack on me. The system came up with a 30% discount however he insisted and started yelling at me advising me it was a 40% discount on that knitted item. His wife was even advising him to just accept the 30 % discount but this male customer would not give in. There was a queue of customers being held up behind him so I had to call the team leader from Electricals for help as I was on my own. He was at the cafe and while I was on my way to the bathroom he was still yelling abuse at me and then proceeded to report a complaint about me to the manager.

The MW rep was in today merchandising and had her car with her today therefore wanted to purchase the smasll Jamali basket and a AH & G lamp. The basket was found but the lamp could not be found. It said on the system there were 4 of them but only 1 was found on the floor and the other one was in the Heritage reserve with a missing part. Nobody could find them. Unsure after I finished my shift if anyone had found it.

Also sold a small crock pot to a lady but agasin could not find it. The team leader from Electricals could not find it and neither could team member I want to be a team leader. Ticket girl actually found it, it had just arrived to the dock.

Dinner was a pizza from Chatswood Mall Markets for dinner - a chicken mushroom  & capsicum (pollo) - not the best pizza - I will stick to the rocket & possutto pizza from them.

Friday 11th June 2021

Day off catch up day. 

Queens Birthday Long Weekend.

It's really cold today. There is a thick blanket of fog early in the morning around Sydney and there was an overnight blanket of snow that fell in the Blue Mountains (which I missed again this year) that melted completely this morning. The fog soon lifts in the morning and the sun is out and no more rain today.

I start my day with a well deserved slerp in. I vacuum the floor, part pay some bills due soon and just eat whatever I have at home. I make a large fruit salad and have 2 pieces of baked fish ( barramundi and salmon) for breakfast. I am eating too much junk food unfortunately.

I sort my laundry to be done later this afternoon and watch the news. I am so tired.

I have to work again tomorrow but my original shift from 9.30 - 3.30 pm has been shortened to 10.30 am - 3.30 pm. This is a 5 hour shift which is a total waste of my time and with no lunch break again. Really annoying as I have to leave at the latest at 9 am in order to get there in time so no time for a proper breakfast and don't get home until around 5.30 pm.

I purchased a packet of Doritos corn chips from Coles yesterday and have finiushed the packet today. However these aren't any corn chips. See photo below. Every now and then chip manufacturers produce test flavours and you can enter a competition to guess what test flavour a chip is and win money. This is the first time I have tasted a test flavour packet of chips and yes I entered the competition via a QR code. I just cannot put my finger on what flavour this packet of chips is suppose to be so. It's not roast chicken or midnight kebab which have both been done before so I went with "paella" - totally wrong but It's the best flavour I could come up with. I rate this top secret test flavour 855  a 5/10. They are ok but nothing out of the ordinary. 



Saturday 12th June 2021

Myer 9.30 am - 3.30 pm original shift changed to 10.30 am - 3.30 pm today.

Another huge sale today however it did not beat my last record sale over $1000 for one customer.

Finishing work early has it's advantages - I can go shopping after work and don't get home so late.

Shopping at the reject shop big W and Coles before catching the 280 bus back to Chatswood and 144 home.

Sunday  13th June 2021

Another do nothing day.

Sleep in and catch up day again. Preparation for work again tomorrow.

Shifts changed again for next week. Cancelled shift yet again for Tuesday but a 4 hour shift added on for the following Thursday. What a waste of time. I just can't plan anything because my shifts keep changing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment