Saturday 9 April 2016

Saturday 9th April 2016 - Beautiful Balmoral Beach

I spent the afternoon after my lyrical jazz class at Balmoral Beach. Summer
and swimming are not really my "thing" - I am a Winter girl but I did enjoy my afternoon walking along the beach and immersing my body in the salt water to relax my muscles after my lyrical dance class - a practice I used when I completed my first City 2 Sea race (14 km) at St Kilda Beach in Melbourne.
Most tourist would visit the more well known beaches such as Bondi Beach in the East or Manly Beach in the North. There are many smaller beaches around Sydney to visit which are just as accessible by public transport and just as interesting to visit. Balmoral Beach (approximately half an hour from the city) in the Northern suburbs of Sydney is one of them.
Due to its more sheltered nature, boating, fishing, swimming, snorking and kayaking are amongst favourite beach going activities there.
There is plenty of parking and multiple public transport buses will get you there. The beach is surround by a number of cafes and restaurants such as the famous Bathers Pavillion at one end of Balmoral Beach and The Boat Shed at the other end of Balmoral Beach. For nice fish and chips or burger such as the Balmoral burger (which I opted for as a snack on my way home) Bottom of The Ocean a takeaway place is a good option.
Watching the sunset from the circular boardwalk enclosing the Balmoral Baths was absolutely spectacular. A very romantic place - a must visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment