Monday 4 April 2016

Monday 3rd April 2016 - Part 2 The Shady Pines Saloon

I took an overseas acquaintance I met whilst overseas to The Shady Pines Saloon.
The first time I went there was a few years ago for a work collegues farewell. It took 3 iphones to find the place as it is hidden in a lane just off Oxford St with no signage.
My acquaintance and  I didn't even know if it was open as it was 5.30 pm on a Monday afternoon and only a backup pub for drinks I was having that night. I decided to take my acquaintance only after I found out The Bear Bar was closed on Mondays.
My acquaintance was quite surprised at what he saw when he pushed open the doors to the saloon asking why he didn't know about this place and how I knew about it adding that he will have to bring his friends here.
We had a few ciders (and bowl of peanuts) over what I call in agreement a good "Talk to me don't text - texting is so antisocial and does not display emotions" conversation.  It must have been a very long conversation as we lost track of time. After leaving the Shady Pines Saloon we went to have a snack at Gomez at World Square where I had a mini chicken burrito and he some sort of non alcoholic soft drink and quesadea (oops spelling was never my strong point!).

Sorry no photos or youtube videos accompanying this blog - it would be a spoiler for the location and what to expect at The Shady Pines Saloon.


No comments:

Post a Comment