Tuesday 12 July 2016

Tuesday 12th July 2016 - Tax Return Lodged - Heading South Stay Tuned!

I have worked hard to complete my tax return for the 2015/2016 FY. Today it was finally lodged through my tax agent - again he was half an hour late - I even advised him I had a back up alternative tax agent appointment at 4 pm today just in case he didn't show for my prebooked appointment again. I only cancelled my 4 pm appointment after I successfully lodged my tax return with my usual tax agent. I don't think he likes doing my annual tax return - he's been my tax agent for over 2 decades! A few times I made the wrong decision and used some of his contracted tax agents but will never do that again. One was stoned and advised me I would get a $5 refund - probably an arbitrary amount pulled out of his head before my tax agent came out from vitually behind a set of bookshelves to redo it himself . Last year he was running very late (over an hour late) and so I made a decision to see one of his other contracted tax agent who couldn't even start my tax return electronically so had to do a manual one, I demanded my tax agent check it thouroughly over before lodging it. The fee was outrageous and I refused to pay it due to the inconvenience of me taking an unpaid day off work in advance to get my tax return done. This year I made it quite clear that I don't have time to stuff around so it has to be completed signed off and lodged today. He asked me why I had made a one hour appointment - "ah derr!- because you stuffed up last year!" He thinks I should just send him an email but I do not trust him and it was extremely difficult to sign electronic copies of the return a week after the appointment via a smartphone and return them to him last year.

So to reward myself for all my hard work studying online computer related courses, working at the elections and  completing my tax return - I am heading South on a little week long road trip which I have been planning for a while now. Stay tuned all planed but not all booked yet.....

Do I know where I am going YES!




No comments:

Post a Comment