Monday 12 September 2016

Monday 12th September 2016 - Fine Food Australia MELBOURNE

My third event in 3 days and I am feeling exhausted.

Last year Fine Food Australia was hosted in Sydney this year it is Melbourne's turn.

This food show is trade only and usually runs for 4 days. Monday, is opening day, the show opens at 10 am and finishes at 8 pm. A very long day for both exhibitors and visitors. "Food Glorious Food!"


I estimated from the size of last year's event in Sydney that I would only need to spend a few hours there, however when I arrived in the afternoon I not only misjudged the time I would need to spend there but was overwhelmed by the shear size of this year's show. It was massive with massive crowds. I really needed more than a full day there in order to see everything. I had no idea where to start and could not locate where I could pick up a map of the show so I could concentrate on the areas I was interested in seeing as priority.

I decided to start at the beginning of the first hall and work my way from aisle to aisle until I reached the other end of the show's final hall which I could not even see from where I started.

There was everything you could imagine the food and hospitality industry would need on display at this years show. I am finding this event "one tough cookie" to blog about. I must have taken over 300 photos just at this event! My rating for this event 10/10 (for a more comprehensive slideshow of Fine Foods Australia 2016 held in Melbourne refer to my youtube video uploaded)

From the showcasing of  Culinary Challenges and Baking Skills such as pie, bread and cake production, chocolate art, cake decorating and  sugar work

  








To customised and non customised trade uniforms, aprons, accessories,
protective wear and equipment






To kitchenware, cookware, cutlery , bakeware, crockery, glassware , electricals, indoor and outdoor entertaining decor, candles, clocks and table settings etc even packaging, commercial kitchen and restaurant equipment and supplies.





To ice creams and gelatos - no shortage of this at the show - every man and his dog is making them - a pity I could not sample any of them being lactose intolerant. Below are just a sample of a few different flavours and textures of ice cream soberts gelatos - vegan, soft serve, hard serve etc









To gourmet cakes, biscuits, and all things desserts and savories bread , pizza and pies etc. By the end of the day I never wanted to see another cake again. Some of the stands were just amazing - the cakes and desserts on display irresistable.






Then there are all things Chocolate - chocolate products, chocolate making equipment, chocolate making demonstrations etc - move over Willy Wonka! and what goes better with chocolate then coffee - coffee making equipment, coffee beans and roasters, cappacinos, lattes, expressos, short black, long black, mochas even hot chocolate etc including slightly weird products such as space coffee complete with baristas dressed in space outfits and dry ice in the background to the milk lab - yes a milk lab selling various types of milk full fat skim 5 % 10% non lactose etc
































And there was "plenty" ( and I don't mean the company I work for "Plenty Kitchenware" ) - there was "Land of Plenty Food Co" and "The Plenty Food Group" both with very nicely presented stands at Fine Food Australia 2016 Melbourne.




So much to blog about - sweets, drinks, spices, meats, cheeses, oils, sauces and other condiments, cold cuts, imported food stuffs from around the world, new products, myob talks, point of sale technologies etc . The list of exhibitors endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment