Tuesday 19 September 2017

Tuesday 19th September 2017 - Samsung Note 8 Prerelease

If you remember I purchased the infamous Note 7 exploding phone. I kept it until I had to return it for a refund - a few days before I was about to board a flight and unable to bring my phone with me onboard.

I remember spending quite a few hours at the Samsung store transferring everything from my old Note 3 to my new Note 7 only to have to do a factory reset before returning it.

Fast forward over a year and take 2 - I prepurchased a Note 8. This time from the Samsung concession at Chatswood.  When I prepurchased the Note 7 I only had to put a deposit down and only had to pay the balance in full when I actually received the phone which took weeks after the release date. This time round I had to pay in full and wait months for the release date which is officially 22nd September 2017. Dummy and demo Note 8 phones were available in selected stores from 15th September 2017 to play around with.

Well today I managed to obtain my new Note 8 phone pre release date. Aparently I was the very first pre order and very first to receive my Note 8 phone pre release date !

A video was made to mark the occassion. I was so excited when I opened tge little black box to pop the phone out. The box looked exactly liked the Note 7.

I spent quite a few hours at the Sansung concession at Chatswood again transferring everything from my Note 3 to my new Note 8. It took forever using the Smart Switch app. In the process the mini data transfer dongle nearly got left behind and when I took my sim card out it was the mini not micro sim therefore it can't fit into my new Note 8  so I have to go to a Telstra store to swap it. There is no glass protective cover but this time Sansung has included a basic clear back cover. What was Samsung thinking! The front is more important then the back of the phone even with one free cracked glass replacement within a certain number of months of the phone purchase. The quick charger that was the bonus gift has to be reddemed online as well as a cash back incentive for those that previously owned the Note 7 that had ti be returned.

Now that my Note 8 is almost set up, the first thing I did with my new Note 8 was to test it out using the Shopping Centre WiFi.
One word would describe its operation so far "Smooth" however I haven't checked my calender yet to see if it synced properly - a problem I found with my Note 3 to Note 7 calendar transfer!


No comments:

Post a Comment